PSG vs Liverpool - Wed 28th 20:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:10 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:27 am wrote:So we look average in the league yet unbeaten so far and just three points behind a City team that is one of the best seen ?

We have no progress?

After 13 games last season in the league we were 6th - lost twice already plus 5 draws - dropping 16 points - right now we are 2nd , haven’t lost and drop 6 points

The progress is sat in front of your face in the league table

Points mean prizes - defences win the trophies

We are professionally winning matches and getting the points on the board - our goals scored is about what the others are doing bar City

I will take getting the results and the points on the board over being exciting and losing or dropping points because we couldn’t defend a lead or break down a team - both issues that cost us last season

Right now we have moved forward - quite clearly we have and it’s putting us in a better postion than we have had for decades

Are people expecting us to be like City or PSG - teams that have spent a significant more amount of money than us and have had a number of years head start to mould their teams

No progress in Performance yes...The team looks clueless as ever..And at some point and time results will match performance...I admit i can't argue with the dry stats but if you look at PSG ,Belgrade and Naples games and think you can rely on such performances in order to advance in the CL i would say you are in denial...You also mentioned teams like PSG/City ,i in no shape or form want to imitate their MO but i would like to see is a Liverpool team which is living to it's potential and a team that has a system ,knows what it's doing ,plays fluent attractive football and the rest lies with the god of football..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:21 pm

Lallana/Benny is right in the sense that last night's performance wasn't actually that bad, PSG away is one of the toughest fixtures in Europe right now, up there with the likes of Barca away, Bayern away etc.
The let down was Red Star away, the most expensive player in their team cost £2m and the vast majority of them cost £1m or less, there's teams in league 2 that spend that, that win was Red Star's first victory in the CL proper as well after years of trying. That was where we let ourselves down. The situation is still salvageable and I imagine we'll be bookies favourites along with PSG to get out of the group so we are not looking for a miracle or anything.
If we want to win the title or CL though our performances have to improve.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:34 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:21 am wrote:Lallana/Benny is right in the sense that last night's performance wasn't actually that bad, PSG away is one of the toughest fixtures in Europe right now, up there with the likes of Barca away, Bayern away etc.
The let down was Red Star away, the most expensive player in their team cost £2m and the vast majority of them cost £1m or less, there's teams in league 2 that spend that, that win was Red Star's first victory in the CL proper as well after years of trying. That was where we let ourselves down. The situation is still salvageable and I imagine we'll be bookies favourites along with PSG to get out of the group so we are not looking for a miracle or anything.
If we want to win the title or CL though our performances have to improve.

Mate it was bad...Not Belgrade/Naples Bad but it was bad...1 shot on target! From the get-go the energy level was low..players looked confused..Disconnect between front 3 and MF...we made some positive "Noises" at times but it never built to anything meaningful...PSG were shaked and rattled the 2nd half but we didn't exploit it..I don't think you were surprised from the end result after viewing the starting lineup...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:03 pm

Is it true we've only managed a total of 5 shots on goal in the 3 CL away games?
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:02 pm

Doeboy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:03 pm wrote:Is it true we've only managed a total of 5 shots on goal in the 3 CL away games?

It wouldn't surprise me, we are a bit hit and hope at the moment. Our philosophy seems to be hit an early ball forward and hope one of our front 3 can get on the end of it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:09 pm

It's a dreadful stat if true considering one of those shots would have been the pen yesterday and we've played a side who haven't been in the elite euro competition for years.
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:46 pm

Paris St-Germain 2-1 Liverpool: Reds need to improve attack to make Champions League progress - Stephen Warnock - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46379846
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:15 am

I wanna see a midfield of Fabinho, Keita and Shaqiri for the Everton game. The fans are abit flat with the current form and need something to get excited about. It's a risk don't get me wrong, but you need to take risks to win games.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:08 am

Thought just struck me. Did Alisson and Firmino shake hands with that ku.nt Neymar at the end of biatch slap him?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:22 pm

bunglemark2 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:08 am wrote:Thought just struck me. Did Alisson and Firmino shake hands with that ku.nt Neymar at the end of biatch slap him?

Not sure about Firmino but the camera's showed Alisson hugging Neymar at the end, I imagine Firmino did too. A lot of these South American countries and players seem very clannish.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:07 pm

Seems the lads who travelled to Paris brought back some unexpected guests  :laugh:  https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/li ... g-15483024

Gave me a bit of a chuckle but some of the overreaction on twitter is a bit much though.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:26 pm

Just read this from the Gaffer after the Match. https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... p-15480402
Fair play to him for bringing up Neymar and the overall carryon that came from them.

They have to go to Belgrade still so I hope they get everything they deserve with bells on and especially that Cheat Neymar.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games