PSG vs Liverpool - Wed 28th 20:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:36 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:14 am wrote:
Santa » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:04 pm wrote:Klopp will just play Hendo and Milly at the centre again just watch

Our midfield has been bang average for a good while but the forward line is starting to concern me now, hard to believe it's the same 3 players who were the scourge of defences all over europe last year. It's December the first on Saturday, we are nearly halfway through the season and they still haven't clicked into gear.

Our midfield with those 3 in it are smack bang average but the difference last season was that they seemed to be on a mission to prove they didn't need Coutinho. They pressed high and were supporting every attack which is the complete opposite this year. Look at the space between them now and if you watch our attacks its often just the front 3 pushing on while they don't even cross the halfway line. What worked so well for us and our front 3 was pressing in numbers which gave teams no time to breathe whereas without that our attack breaks down and they can walk the ball out.

Being honest I think this is our gear for the season unless we start having a bit of faith in the new lads and give them a proper go. To not even see a single one of them as a regular starter this far in is a mystery especially since they have shown they can play. You could understand if Milner, Hendo and Gini were playing out of their skins but they are far from that engine we had driving us last year and if we are stuck in gear that's why.

Coutinho is still a massive loss to that team as long as we don't properly replace him and I also think losing Buvac has had a big effect behind it all as well.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:44 am

Reg » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:09 am wrote:According to the BBC:

Napoli beat Liverpool 1-0 at home in the reverse game.

If PSG beat Red Star in their final game, they will progress, meaning Liverpool need the following against Napoli:

A 1-0 win will take them through. They will be level on goal difference but progress courtesy of having scored more goals.

A win by two or more goals will take them through, courtesy of a better head-to-head record.

However, a 2-1 or 3-2 win will see them GO OUT, as Napoli will have scored an away goal or goals, so will progress on the head-to-head record.

What happens if its 1.1  :D

I take it we are literally fooked if they score.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:07 am

bunglemark2 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:25 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:14 pm wrote:
Santa » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:04 pm wrote:Klopp will just play Hendo and Milly at the centre again just watch

Our midfield has been bang average for a good while but the forward line is starting to concern me now, hard to believe it's the same 3 players who were the scourge of defences all over europe last year. It's December the first on Saturday, we are nearly halfway through the season and they still haven't clicked into gear.

Don't know when the last game is, or if he's even eligible, but I'd take a punt on Brewster up front. Salah and Firmino are muck at the moment. Totally off the boil.

The last game is on a Tuesday in 2 weeks time.

Had a look to see if there was any news about Brewster and it seems all is going well with his recovery and is close to his debut. https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... p-15233906 The Napoli game might just be too soon for him though.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:14 am

We don't need to make any drastic changes at home to Napoli. Usually front 3 with Firmino kicking off the press and no dropping deep so much. For me, the midfield v Napoli should be

Keita
Hendo/Gini     Milner

Keita the most advanced and let him carry the ball and look for a pass to the forward 3. It's time to take the shackles off and tell him to go out there and show us what he can do.
Doeboy

Postby eds » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:35 am

Yes our midfield has problems but our front 3 have been a shadow of their former selves from last season.

Today was the epitome of how they can stink the place out.

Firmino's passing and hold up play is not up to scratch, Salah keeps running down channels which are either well defended or just end up in a cul de sac and Mane's selfishness has cost us a fair few goals this season.

Klopp needs to reconfigure his formation or we are going to struggle against the better sides in the prem and Europe.

Will be interesting to see whether he keeps playing this 4-3-3 or whether he starts to shift things around.

That being said, I still think we will put Napoli to the sword though and progress to the round of 16. We are much better team and if we play to our potential and with a hostile atmosphere behind us will blow them off the park.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby damjan193 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:42 am

OK, just saw the table and it's true, if we score the one goal we'll have the same Goal Difference but will have more Goals Scored, which would take us through. Which is doable, so it's not over yet. What I don't understand is why we can't go through with say 2-1 or 3-2, shouldn't the same rules apply?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:47 am

I think we can beat Napoli but since they are the only team in the group not to lose it will not be easy. They will play for the draw, if they score it will not be good for us as we really need to score first to open the game up. I have faith in the Anfield crowd to turn up and fire up the team. I do not want to play Europa football so hopefully we can get it done. We have not lost any matches in the prem, yet we have lost 3 in the CL, not good enough. Losing to Red Star was awful, I hope we do not pay the ultimate price for it.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:38 am

I think we can beat Napoli but we won't. We have a broken forward line against tough opposition, our defence has improved but our attack has become largely inept against well organized compact teams. Arsenal is a great example of a team we got used to thrashing but could only manage a draw this season. I have not seen one performance this season to say yes we will beat anyone that is put in front of us.
killerp

Postby only me » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:15 am

We can beat Napoli of course but it seems the team lost it's way...Last year with our poor defensive record we played much better and you just had the sense then on a given day we can beat anyone and everywhere...
This year it seems we are trying to pull a Leicester  but it doesn't work and Klopp instead of fixing the situation continues hammering the same nail..Klopp needs to realize that for us having any chance of winning something he must either change the system or start playing the new guys on a weekly base...Keita and Fabinho ,potentially ,are game changers ,yes they might burn and crash but they might live to their potential and change us completely...Right now we might sustain the run a bit longer but we all know it's going to halt to a stop...Better take care of Biz now...Or sign someone on Jan..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:27 am

How “doesn’t it work” when we are unbeaten in the league , why change something when it’s working - last year we struggled plenty of times but people just can’t look past scoring a lot of goals - irrelevant of what was let in. When you look to strengthen the back line then at times a team is going to sacrifice a bit going forward - defences win titles , we are not playing the same way as last season because Klopp knows that it’s not possible win the title doing it that way

Why is there always such an overreaction when we lose ,

We played prob the most expensive squad in the Comp - their two strikers I reckon must have cost more than our squad - we are in the toughest group prob in the Comp and it’s a battle - we aren’t going to win every match and at times a team is going to be better than us - that’s just a fact and a reality of where we are. PSG have lost 1 in 40 plus games at home it was always going to be an ask - the manager went to go solid and then have the three up top break quickly but whilst everyone will continue to point fingers at the midfield the issue last night was the front three and poor delivery when chances did arrive.

The team isn’t going to get a lot of chances against PSG and when one arrives or a chance to put in a decent delivery then it has to be taken , Salah , Firmino , Mane , Shaqiri , Milner all wasted good chances to deliver a good ball - we had two 3 on 2’s but a poor ball was played - Robbo had loads of chances to put in a decent ball but most of the time couldn’t get past the first defender

Last night was always a big ask , but the poor game was the Red Star one - that’s where the performance was shocking from all

But we still have a great chance to go through - it’s in our own hands , play like we have done at home and it’s job down

But Christ let’s stop throwing the water out with the baby and just look at how well the season is going
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:13 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:27 am wrote:How “doesn’t it work” when we are unbeaten in the league , why change something when it’s working - last year we struggled plenty of times but people just can’t look past scoring a lot of goals - irrelevant of what was let in. When you look to strengthen the back line then at times a team is going to sacrifice a bit going forward - defences win titles , we are not playing the same way as last season because Klopp knows that it’s not possible win the title doing it that way

Why is there always such an overreaction when we lose ,

We played prob the most expensive squad in the Comp - their two strikers I reckon must have cost more than our squad - we are in the toughest group prob in the Comp and it’s a battle - we aren’t going to win every match and at times a team is going to be better than us - that’s just a fact and a reality of where we are. PSG have lost 1 in 40 plus games at home it was always going to be an ask - the manager went to go solid and then have the three up top break quickly but whilst everyone will continue to point fingers at the midfield the issue last night was the front three and poor delivery when chances did arrive.

The team isn’t going to get a lot of chances against PSG and when one arrives or a chance to put in a decent delivery then it has to be taken , Salah , Firmino , Mane , Shaqiri , Milner all wasted good chances to deliver a good ball - we had two 3 on 2’s but a poor ball was played - Robbo had loads of chances to put in a decent ball but most of the time couldn’t get past the first defender

Last night was always a big ask , but the poor game was the Red Star one - that’s where the performance was shocking from all

But we still have a great chance to go through - it’s in our own hands , play like we have done at home and it’s job down

But Christ let’s stop throwing the water out with the baby and just look at how well the season is going

I care about the loss but that's not the main point i'm trying to deliver...If you review the team PERFORMANCE since the start of the year and the lack of progress as the the season continues ,Yes you need to be worried...I'm familiar with your posts and how you parade and celebrate our current league position and how well our defense looks ,yes all is true ,but you can't escape what each fan sees day in-day out ,the components of the team aren't glued ,we are disjointed and it's not getting better..We had a terrible day at Belgrade but just as bad one at Naples and Yesterday was not as bad but as impotent and ineffective as they come..We also looked pretty average on the league front..

Now you can say so far so good but i feel it will be foolish...We have a deep and talented squad which isn't being utilized ,we have an attack which isn't clicking ,we have a MF which is one dimensional..We have many weak points that can/should be addressed and i don't see Klopp doing anything to resolve this...Optimism should be based on performance..Judging by the way we look we are one draw away from CL failure and one league loss away from a fight for a CL position...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:27 am

So we look average in the league yet unbeaten so far and just three points behind a City team that is one of the best seen ?

We have no progress?

After 13 games last season in the league we were 6th - lost twice already plus 5 draws - dropping 16 points - right now we are 2nd , haven’t lost and drop 6 points

The progress is sat in front of your face in the league table

Points mean prizes - defences win the trophies

We are professionally winning matches and getting the points on the board - our goals scored is about what the others are doing bar City

I will take getting the results and the points on the board over being exciting and losing or dropping points because we couldn’t defend a lead or break down a team - both issues that cost us last season

Right now we have moved forward - quite clearly we have and it’s putting us in a better postion than we have had for decades

Are people expecting us to be like City or PSG - teams that have spent a significant more amount of money than us and have had a number of years head start to mould their teams
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby algymoon » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:32 am

It was a reality show, which just proved how the nutcase team is terrible state filled with very average players. It is a fact now the LFC is out the CL, therefore there is no way this manager’s team will win a trophy this season once again. I just wonder if the Nutcase was dancing with his staffs again, as he did when his team lost in the CL final last summer!

The team has no tactics, system, and strategy to compete with top teams in Europe, no creativity in midfield all the useless three, headed by the captain square (master of square passes), headless chicken Wijnaldum, our sale by date Milner were no match to the spirited and hungry PSG, which it was superior in every department, whereas the Nutcase’s team were a dispirited team ready for a good beating. The tactics were just kicking the ball up front to the forwards who will chase it and score!
It was only Mane who deserves to be in the side, as for the other two useless master of the duds Firmino and Abu Falafel Salah (an average player) which I had questioned the wisdom of the Nutcase when he bought him last season for over £40M, in fact he only worth £15M, okay Abu Falafel had a wonderful season last year even by his own standard.  We now see his true metal, I really doubt if he ever is going to produce last season form, not with LFC or any other clubs!

The team selection and as always was wrong master of the duds (CF) and the useless average Salah should have been dropped, and instead start with Sturridge and Shaqiri, the midfield with Kaita if he is fit, and Fabihno who is being chased by many European clubs for his services, however, no clubs are after Firmino or Salah I don’t recall any.

I am not banking on the team to do well in FA cup, the remaining completion,  they will be kicked out in the earlier rounds, as for the league, in fact, they remain unbeaten, however, that may change on Sunday, the Nutcase’s team is in a false position at present, and I cannot see it keeping pace with M.City, Spurs, Arsenal, and Chelsea as long as this f*cking manager remains in charge.

It is the same old story of last season, no real progress under this f*cking idiot of a manager!!
algymoon

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:34 am

Oh wow -

I’ll just counter one thing which you claim as fact - We are not out of the CL - FACT
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:46 am

The defence with TAA at RB and Gomez in the middle has been our stongest this season, I just didn't see the point in changing in it for such an important game. Gomez is far better in the centre covering the TAA when he goes forward  than at RB
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games