PSG vs Liverpool - Wed 28th 20:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby maguskwt » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:51 pm

They just counter attacked us with their fast players... we were very naive in the 1st half
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:54 pm

I don't get how it works so we win 1-0 and were through. That just will equal Napoli score and considering there GD is better than ours.
However if it is 2-1 we will need another. Don't know how they work that one out.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:54 pm

devaney » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:46 pm wrote:We only have to win by 1-0 but if we win 2-1 then we’re out because away goals come into play. Don’t profess to understand any of that. It is simply what was stated on Sky.

i dont think its true..Qualifier is based on the aggregated result of the 2 games...1-0 we are leveled and go to overtime and penalties..Away goal rule stands..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:57 pm

Took a gamble with the midfield and lost Im afraid. Play your best players from the start and substitute accordingly after if needs be.
Once again we have paid for a bad team selection. Whoever tied Hendersons boot laces together needs to pack it in....
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:58 pm

redshade » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:54 pm wrote:I don't get how it works so we win 1-0 and were through. That just will equal Napoli score and considering there GD is better than ours.
However if it is 2-1 we will need another. Don't know how they work that one out.

It might be goals scored instead of GD mate.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:00 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:58 pm wrote:
redshade » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:54 pm wrote:I don't get how it works so we win 1-0 and were through. That just will equal Napoli score and considering there GD is better than ours.

It might be goals scored instead of GD mate.

only thing that counts is the GD in the 2 games played...the overall stage count doesnt matter
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:02 am

Neymar is an utter disgrace of a footballer. Poster boy for everything that's wrong with the game. Constantly going down for little and rolling around holding his face but yet the referees give him so many decisions  :down:

Anyway awfully disappointed with that performance tonight from our lads. 1st half again was just terrible where we lacked any sort of drive. We have a good keeper and decent defence so why do we need 3 fecking midfielders camped in front of them. They offered no support whatsoever 1st half.  :down: The second half was a bit better but they still offered little.

Now we have to beat Napoli by 2 to go through  :down: I do believe we can beat them but not sure if we can by that difference as they will be coming here with everything at stake. Ancellotti is no fool and will have them well prepared so we will have our work cut out.

Personally I couldn't care about this competition because we are struggling to put together winning performances and especially away from home. I would like to make the next round though just so we avoid the Europa League.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:03 am

Just read that if you include the game in Rome and the CL final we have lost our last 5 away games in Europe.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:04 am

Klopp will just play Hendo and Milly at the centre again just watch
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:09 am

According to the BBC:

Napoli beat Liverpool 1-0 at home in the reverse game.

If PSG beat Red Star in their final game, they will progress, meaning Liverpool need the following against Napoli:

A 1-0 win will take them through. They will be level on goal difference but progress courtesy of having scored more goals.

A win by two or more goals will take them through, courtesy of a better head-to-head record.

However, a 2-1 or 3-2 win will see them GO OUT, as Napoli will have scored an away goal or goals, so will progress on the head-to-head record.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:14 am

Santa » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:04 pm wrote:Klopp will just play Hendo and Milly at the centre again just watch

Our midfield has been bang average for a good while but the forward line is starting to concern me now, hard to believe it's the same 3 players who were the scourge of defences all over europe last year. It's December the first on Saturday, we are nearly halfway through the season and they still haven't clicked into gear.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:15 am

only me » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:54 pm wrote:
devaney » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:46 pm wrote:We only have to win by 1-0 but if we win 2-1 then we’re out because away goals come into play. Don’t profess to understand any of that. It is simply what was stated on Sky.

i dont think its true..Qualifier is based on the aggregated result of the 2 games...1-0 we are leveled and go to overtime and penalties..Away goal rule stands..

i stand corrected..1-0 will be enough..what applies next is who scored more overall and thats us..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:25 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:14 pm wrote:
Santa » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:04 pm wrote:Klopp will just play Hendo and Milly at the centre again just watch

Our midfield has been bang average for a good while but the forward line is starting to concern me now, hard to believe it's the same 3 players who were the scourge of defences all over europe last year. It's December the first on Saturday, we are nearly halfway through the season and they still haven't clicked into gear.

Don't know when the last game is, or if he's even eligible, but I'd take a punt on Brewster up front. Salah and Firmino are muck at the moment. Totally off the boil.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Santa » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:35 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:14 pm wrote:

All night PSG will double team whenever Mane or Salah received the ball, but not the same treatment on Bobby so they have actually worked out how to stifle us.

We didn't play our usual game because we leave out Trent and Robbo was pretty much staying back (until midway thru 2nd half). Semms like Klopp don't trust Trent to do a job on Mbappe and Neymar and actually prefers Gomez, which hardly make any telling crosses.

And yes "that" middle three again so PSG just play quick balls to their wingers and bypass our midfield. If Klopp were to play to our strength instead of playing to our opposition's strength, we wouldn't have let in that late goal against Napoli and we should have done the business in Belgrade which guarantees our progress to the next stage.

Pretty frustrating night especially since neither of our front three have managed a shot at their goal, yet that doesn't ring a bell with Jurgen. Perhaps he's more interested to carry on with our good start in the league and happy to get the distraction of Champions League out of the way? What about Europa then?

I'm frustrated and tired...I don't know what to think anymore. Good night guys...we go again
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:44 am

We never really got going in an attacking sense. Midfield didn't have a creative player in it, fullbacks weren't pushing up and it looked like we were just leaving it to the front 3 to pull something out the bag. Firmino is struggling at the moment and think a lot of it is down to him dropping off deeper.

I think Klopp needs to look into deploying Keita in an attacking midfield position and give him licence to pick up the ball and carry it forward with purpose and look for that pass. I'd say Shaqiri but not convinced he has the pressing game and is best being used here and there or coming in for one of the forwards. Hendo, Milner and Gini are much of a muchness together and workmanlike, they doesn't give us an edge in that area.

No doubt our away form, not just the results,  has pretty poor in the the 3 CL games and can't really make a case for being unlucky to pick up 0 points out of 9.On a side note, Veratti should really have been sent off for that challenge on Gomez. Think Gomez got up pretty quickly which may have saved Veratti.

Saying all that, think we'll beat Napoli by the margin required but we are going to have to blitz them and really go at them like we did to City and Roma last year. They are a top side but if we grab a couple of early goals they will have to come out and have a go and that is where we will pick them off so a fast start with a goal or two will get the job done and we'll do it imo.
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games