RAFA BENITEZ LEAVES LIVERPOOL - Official Thread, includes merged threads

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:38 pm

How many people right now are thinking "hang on a minute did we just make a big mistake?"

Our former manager has gone to the current European champions and the favourite to take over us is Roy :censored: Hodgsen? No offence to him personally but Roy Hodgsen? And the funny thing was people here last season were actually saying things would get better as long as Rafa left. This is a joke of a situation.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:42 pm

bavlondon wrote:How many people right now are thinking "hang on a minute did we just make a big mistake?"

Our former manager has gone to the current European champions and the favourite to take over us is Roy :censored: Hodgsen? No offence to him personally but Roy Hodgsen? And the funny thing was people here last season were actually saying things would get better as long as Rafa left. This is a joke of a situation.

I've said it from the off bav lad . WE GET WHAT OUR SO CALLED FANS DESERVE . No use crying over spilt milk now mate .

So does anyone feel anymore optimistc since Rafa was sacked ?
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shawnk » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:09 am

Igor Zidane wrote:
bavlondon wrote:How many people right now are thinking "hang on a minute did we just make a big mistake?"

I've said it from the off bav lad . WE GET WHAT OUR SO CALLED FANS DESERVE . No use crying over spilt milk now mate .

Never even doubt that Rafa leaving is a mistake to the football in Liverpool and we shall see what happen come next season. But I doubt it will be another 19 defeats (fact), Reading's defeat or whatever people needs reminding with from last season (over the course of 38 matches, not just one).

And you are right, we'll get what we deserve.
shawnk

Postby lakes10 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:50 am

Igor Zidane wrote:

er well i sort of think its one problem out of the way.
and tes i think we will be much better under another manager....but only time will tell.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:58 am

Igor Zidane wrote:

I dont think we could play as bad as we did last season with virtually any manager that we have been linked with so far so yes i am more optimistic.

The ownership situation still lingers over the club as it would have with Rafa here.
Simple thing for me is - do i think we have more of a chance of improving our results and performances now Rafa has gone. I think yes we do.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby fivecups » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:04 am

Ben Patrick wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:

I dont think we could play as bad as we did last season with virtually any manager that we have been linked with so far so yes i am more optimistic.

The ownership situation still lingers over the club as it would have with Rafa here.
Simple thing for me is - do i think we have more of a chance of improving our results and performances now Rafa has gone. I think yes we do.

Got to agree with that Ben. Rafa's a quality manager and I hope he does well with Inter but last season went badly wrong. The only important question then is - could he turn it around for next season? I think we might have got a bit better but it was hard to see him inspiring Stevie to play at the level he usually does or getting the players to play together again as a cohesive unit so for me it was time for a change. Sometimes a fresh approach in itself brings about improvement.

So yes, I feel more optimistic for next season since he's left.
Last edited by fivecups on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:10 am

Every summer I feel this will be our year, this time we will do it. This is the first time ever as a Liverpool supporter that I am not optamistic about our chances next year. Hope I am wrong.

We have become a shambles!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:33 pm

Courtesy of The Liverpool Echo

MELWOOD is set for a major overhaul with key members of Rafa Benitez’s backroom staff set to join him at Inter – as Spain bide their time over Fernando Torres’ return from injury.

First team coach Mauricio Pellegrino, goalkeeping coach Xavi Valero and fitness coach Paco de Miguel are likely to link up with Benitez at the San Siro where he is expected to be unveiled as the new Inter manager.

Former Valencia technical director Amedeo Carboni – an Italian who played under Benitez at the Mestalla – is also expected to be added to his backroom staff.

Benitez appointed Pellegrino, Valero and de Miguel during his six year reign as Liverpool boss and is thought to be eager to continue working with the trio in Serie A.

Liverpool have confirmed that no approach has yet been made for any of the coaching staff, who are still under contract to the Anfield club.

If, as expected, that happens once Benitez is confirmed as Jose Mourinho’s successor, Liverpool could demand compensation for any members of the club’s backroom team looking to join the former Reds boss in Italy.

An exodus of staff from Melwood will mean the new Liverpool manager having several key positions to fill immediately.

Benitez parted company with Liverpool by mutual consent last Thursday after a disappointing season in which his team lost 19 games and he failed to guide the club back into the Champions League
The Spaniard agreed to waive a potential £16m pay-off and instead accepted a severance fee in the region of £6m after the club’s board agreed to offer him a way out of Anfield.

That effectively acted as a vote of no confidence in Benitez, who now tops Inter’s wish-list following Mourinho’s departure to Real Madrid last month.

Last night Inter president Massimo Moratti indicated a deal is immanent to make the Italian speaking Benitez the club’s new head coach on a proposed three-year contract worth 5million euros a year.

Moratti said: “The deal is more or less done. We decisively targeted Benitez from the beginning.”

Meanwhile, Vicente del Bosque will make a decision later today as to whether Fernando Torres will feature in Spain’s final World Cup warm-up game against Poland tonight.

The Spain manager says he will not rush Torres back despite the Liverpool striker being the only member of Del Bosque’s 23-man squad not to figure in either of last week’s friendly wins over Saudi Arabia and South Korea.

Torres was plagued by injuries last season and missed the end of the Reds campaign after undergoing surgery in April to repair damaged cartilage in his right knee.

That ruled him out for six weeks. Del Bosque is happy with the player’s progress but will not take any unnecessary risks ahead of Spain’s opening group game against Switzerland a week on Thursday.

Said Del Bosque: “His recovery is within the time-frames predicted by the doctors, and between us we will assess if he should play (against Poland) or wait. We will see after the final training session.”

There will be only be silence  inside an empty Anfield soon ...........well that and the tea lady ...........
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:38 pm

so can we get paco back now?

:upside:
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:43 pm

Sacked on thursday because he was so bad and employed 5 days later with a 50% pay rise by the european champions.

At least someone knows his worth.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:47 pm

0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:57 pm

lakes10 wrote:
zarababe wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Reg wrote:Sacked on thursday because he was so bad and employed 5 days later with a 50% pay rise by the european champions.

Sacked on thursday because he was found to be in talks with Inter, the club was fed up with him talking to other clubs when he was not getting results at the one he was meant to be in, and the player had made it known to the club they may move if he was still here when they got back from the world cup
the move was take by the club not the owners.

Lakesy - I have to say this - 'shut up'

go back to your flag burning that yopu love so much....as you seem to drag posts up about it all the time. :laugh:  :D

says the 'predictorrrr extrordinaire'  :D

Burn baby burn...  :buttrock
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:31 pm

lakes10 wrote:
Reg wrote:Sacked on thursday because he was so bad and employed 5 days later with a 50% pay rise by the european champions.

Sacked on thursday because he was found to be in talks with Inter, the club was fed up with him talking to other clubs when he was not getting results at the one he was meant to be in, and the player had made it known to the club they may move if he was still here when they got back from the world cup
the move was take by the club not the owners.

All pure and utter speculative bullsh.it lakes with not one bit of concrete evidence to back up a statement like that
Benny The Noon

Postby Owzat » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:32 pm

Redman in wales wrote:so can we get paco back now?

Probably not, but we could hold Inter to ransom for say £6m compensation over the backroom staff Rafa wants.......................
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:34 pm

Owzat wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:so can we get paco back now?

Probably not, but we could hold Inter to ransom for say £6m compensation over the backroom staff Rafa wants.......................

6 more million to pay of debts .
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion