If the unthinkable happend..rafa leaves - How would you feel if rafa left

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:17 pm

:) :laugh: :laugh: :D :D

That's the funniest post of the year (for me)
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:35 pm

Do you really think stevie g and carra would have brrn so quick in sighning long term contracts if there was any uncertancy over rafa leaving even if they got a hint that he was going i think they would have waited a little while to see who was coming in this is just pure tabloid gossip rafas going nowhere (mrs rafa wont let him) she loves her bowl of scouse to much after the match :D
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kishan » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:45 pm

/respect Manhattan :laugh:
Kishan

Postby Bubba » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:59 pm

Do you really think stevie g and carra would have brrn so quick in sighning long term contracts if there was any uncertancy over rafa leaving even if they got a hint that he was going i think they would have waited a little while to see who was coming in this is just pure tabloid gossip rafas going nowhere (mrs rafa wont let him) she loves her bowl of scouse to much after the match

I'm sure Carra and Stevie would've signed regardless of if a new manager came in. Spot on though, including the last part :p
Bubba

Postby mramo » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:05 pm

It had to be "grayghost" again starting an utter irrelavant bollox post on here as always. Like our last encounter, I'll say it again - "not your best 'post' - "grayghost".
mramo

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:30 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
s@int wrote:The other question is would Reina, Alonso, Garcia sign new contracts without Rafa ?

Most certainly not. Chances are, he'd take them with him to Madrid (assuming he went there).

You speculate what would happen if he left, and then go on to speculate what might happen to our existing players if he left, then you say all this talk about Rafa leaving is cra.p.

I'd say don't speculate about it if you think it's cra,p.

I'm speculating sweet f*ck all! I'm merley being optimistic in saying he is going nowhere, and to think otherwise is just being a doom monger. And from experience, those under the influence of good managers do tend to follow their gaffer, especially when the players and manager in question are both Spanish, like Reina, Alonso, Garcia etc etc.

No need to be so argumentative for such an inane opinion, mate.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:39 pm

It is, as the thread suggests, UNTHINKABLE, so why are we all thinking about it and posting our thoughts ?. Hes not going anywhere, so i recommend we close both this thread and the one about him leaving Monday. And concentrate on the new players he will be hopefully bringing in and the team he is building
destro

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:39 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
s@int wrote:The other question is would Reina, Alonso, Garcia sign new contracts without Rafa ?

Most certainly not. Chances are, he'd take them with him to Madrid (assuming he went there).

You speculate what would happen if he left, and then go on to speculate what might happen to our existing players if he left, then you say all this talk about Rafa leaving is cra.p.

I'm speculating sweet f*ck all! I'm merley being optimistic in saying he is going nowhere, and to think otherwise is just being a doom monger. And from experience, those under the influence of good managers do tend to follow their gaffer, especially when the players and manager in question are both Spanish, like Reina, Alonso, Garcia etc etc.

You speculate what would happen to Reina, Alonso, Garcia etc. if Rafa were to leave, then say this thread should be banned.

If you think the thread should be banned don't speculate what would happen if Rafa were to leave, makes sense to me.
LFC2007

Postby Sabre » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:49 pm

If you think the thread should be banned don't speculate what would happen if Rafa were to leave, makes sense to me.

Yes, but just saying "ban the thread" can be interpreted as authoritarian, explaining instead why it makes no sense to discuss this is ok though, just as you did in the other thread when you correctly pointed out how the press works :)
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:51 pm

Sabre, you got it wrong mate. Emerald Red said the thread should be banned.
LFC2007

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:15 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

You speculate what would happen to Reina, Alonso, Garcia etc. if Rafa were to leave, then say this thread should be banned.

Christ. I'm saying any notion that Benitez to quit Liverpool to be taken seriously should be banned! I never said to ban people or threads. Don't try to read between the lines on the internet. It's often miscontrued.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:22 pm

Neither am I, what I was saying is you speculated that Reina, Alonso and Garcia would follow Benitez to Madrid. But then you say any notion of him going should be banned, i.e. why speculate that these players would probably follow him out the door if you take no seriousness in these rumours in the first place? If you don't like the senseless speculation on this thread about him leaving why say certain players would follow him out the door if you don't think he will go, and think any suggestion he would is crazy?
LFC2007

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:27 pm

Emerald Red wrote:

Read that. It was a rhetorical question to Saints hypothetical question, see? Note how I said "assuming" in brackets.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:32 pm

I have read that, and yes I had noted the brackets.

I think you are missing my point here.

You complain about the thread, the unfounded and weak speculative nature of it, and then go on to speculate what WOULD happen or what is likely to happen if Rafa left, that is, the players Saint mentioned would end up going with him to Madrid. I'd say, if you dislike the very idea of him going in the first place, why conform to the speculative ideas about which players might follow him?
LFC2007

Postby Simari » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:23 am

If Rafa left I would:

1) Heat up some milk
2) Pour 4 heaped spoons of chocolate bits into it
3) Stir the milk + choc for 10 minutes on simmer

and, drink an excellent cup of home made hot chocolate while reading a topic titled:
"Now that Rafa's gone, who will be our next ..."
Simari
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion