Wolves Vs Liverpool 8pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Reg » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:22 am

Mane is a big concern, as we've all been saying we have no back up for the front 3, Minimino is new and needs six months to bed in as Robbo and Fab did so it's a real concern. We need a proper Plan B and despite his key goals, Origi is not a week in/week out player.

Great win, it's unnatural how we're churning out these wins. In 15 years time we'll be asking 'what the flip really happened that season?'
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:56 am

Wow this is the season that just keeps on giving :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:40 pm

Reg » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:22 am wrote:Mane is a big concern, as we've all been saying we have no back up for the front 3, Minimino is new and needs six months to bed in as Robbo and Fab did so it's a real concern. We need a proper Plan B and despite his key goals, Origi is not a week in/week out player.

Great win, it's unnatural how we're churning out these wins. In 15 years time we'll be asking 'what the flip really happened that season?'

He hardly had a break over the Summer, sorry to see him injured but at least he'll get some time off.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tommy Smith » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:41 pm

It was a very tough game however, the lads have managed to win all 3 points, Firmino was on fire and took his goal sublimely.
Salah was average player.
Mane's injury is a worry, and I hope he will recover swiftly.

Good Luck Lads
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:54 pm

This FA cup match and winter break are coming just at the right time, a few of our players look like they could do with a rest (Robbo, Trent, Firmino, Salah etc) and it gives Mane a chance to get his hamstring sorted out.
I wouldn’t rest Fabinho though, he’s actually the opposite he needs game time to help him get his rhythm back. We certainly want him firing on all cylinders before the CL kicks off again next month, he’s a big player for us and Atletico won’t be easy, they recently beat Barcelona 3-2 in the Nou Camp.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:24 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:54 pm wrote:This FA cup match and winter break are coming just at the right time, a few of our players look like they could do with a rest (Robbo, Trent, Firmino, Salah etc) and it gives Mane a chance to get his hamstring sorted out.
I wouldn’t rest Fabinho though, he’s actually the opposite he needs game time to help him get his rhythm back. We certainly want him firing on all cylinders before the CL kicks off again next month, he’s a big player for us and Atletico won’t be easy, they recently beat Barcelona 3-2 in the Nou Camp.

Actually they lost to Eibar and drew with Espanyol since their winter break. I think the match you are talking about was played in Saudi Arabia and Barcelona should have won but their defense let them down and Atletico scored two in the last ten minutes, that was a semi final. They then lost the final to Real Madrid on penalties. What I saw they were not that good and the player they bought, Felix (the new Ronaldo), was average at best. Messi had a go at him like he did against Robbo last year not that means anything.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:33 pm

The thing about Atletico is that they can still show up in big games no matter their form. They can be bang average at one game and then world class in the next. Napoli also wasn't in the best of forms when we played them but we still struggled. Think it will be similar with Atletico, unfortunately. We'll need to bring our A game to beat them.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:09 am

Great result against an extremely difficult opponent. To have taken all six points over the home and away premiership games against Wolves is no mean feat and if I am totally truthful they were very unlucky not to get something from both games. They certainly made us work as hard as we have had to against any team this season.I’m just glad that Traore didn’t start at Anfield. Beast of a player and I think Wolves will have to fend off quite a few offers in the summer. The same applies to Raul Jiminez who is some player and I would welcome him to Liverpool.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Previous