Wolves Vs Liverpool FA Cup 7/01/19 19:45 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Franky000 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:10 am

I don’t care that he put out a second string side, what’s criminal is the total lack of effort from some of the players.

Klopp has totally transformed the club since the bodgers days....but unfortunately too much dead-wood remains. That’s what happens when you buy ‘potential’ on the cheap....occasionally it pays off but more often than not it doesn’t, and subsequently takes years to establish some quality that permeates through the whole squad and not just the first team.
Franky000

Postby kazza » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:19 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:00 pm wrote:I'm not allowing myself to be too upset, why should I be when its evident the club cant be arsed even negotiating the competition. Tonight was a painful reminder of just how ordinary we were in the past,it was like a torturous rewind through our years of sufferance with clearly sub standard players. The only few bright spots in a gloomy old night were Fabinho and 16 yr old  Hoever's obvious class,who looks and carries the ball  like a young Van Dijk. One day in the not too distant future we will be rid of the dark days of Mignolet being beaten by speculative 30 yard shots and Moreno being ripped to shreds on the flanks,one day when our triumvirate are rested we will have players champing at the bit to make their quality known rather than front men who couldn't give a flying f*ck how useless and tired they look.

Good post
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:57 am

Seems like Lovren maybe out for a bit which leaves us very tight at CB. If VVD was to get a knock we would be extremely feked. Until Gomez or Matip are back Klopp should pair Fabinho with VVD. Thankfully our next few games aint to bad.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:08 am

Franky000 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:10 am wrote:I don’t care that he put out a second string side, what’s criminal is the total lack of effort from some of the players.

Klopp has totally transformed the club since the bodgers days....but unfortunately too much dead-wood remains. That’s what happens when you buy ‘potential’ on the cheap....occasionally it pays off but more often than not it doesn’t, and subsequently takes years to establish some quality that permeates through the whole squad and not just the first team.

I feel in these sort of games we would be better off playing youth who are trying to break into the main xi. They are usually hungry and will give it their all. Hoever, Jones, Camacho tried very hard and you could see the hunger in them.

Unsure though which other youths could have played because we are plagued with injuries. I would love to see Brewster but his been out for a while.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:15 am

I said it earlier in the thread THAT WAS A DEMOTIVATING performance and I hope it doesn’t bite us on the ars.e !! Our strength in depth has improved but after that pitiful performance it shows there is still a lot of work to do.

Algy’s report should be a classic  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:29 am

We played a pretty much third strength team including some very young players because we needed to rest and there were some illness and injury issues

We played a pretty much full strength Wolves side and nearly came away with a draw

It was no surprise there was no fluidity and players were all over the place

Time to move on
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:20 am

That Wolves team have beaten the likes of Chelsea and Spurs this season and drawn with City, United, Arsenal and Everton.
A 2-1 loss is a respectable result given we were away from home and had a 16 year old, two 18 year olds and a clutch of players who have barely kicked a ball in anger all season in our starting XI.
Both the League Cup and FA Cup draws did us no favours this year, to get drawn against Chelsea and Wolves (away) first up when both competitions were jam packed with lower league clubs was unlucky.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:30 pm

Obviously going out isn't great given our recent record in the cups. Though we easily got the hardest draw out of the top 6 (Chelsea's draws in the last 10 years are borderline a joke).

We must challenge for the title, this will sharp be forgotten down the line.

I'm growing tired of the 'Klopp must win something' being trotted out by rival fans and the media. The last 2 winners of the FA cup lost their jobs in the summer - hell everyone was panning Arsenal and they've won 3 of the last 5. That tells you everything. My only concern on the back of this result is getting our momentum back. A win against Brighton is critical.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:32 pm

I see Lallana didn't play, any reason. Would of thought it would have been a perfect run out for him?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:33 pm

Reg » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:32 am wrote:I see Lallana didn't play, any reason. Would of thought it would have been a perfect run out for him?

Illness - sane with Henderson and VVD
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby algymoon » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:39 pm

It was an expected result and pathetic performance from the nutcase manager who his records in FA cup are almost zero! The team was put out was beaten before the start, it was so obvious!!

It is quite evident that LFC has no real quality depth in its squad, it is littered with big numbers of DUDS, therefore the potential of achieving glories is none-existing, especially under this nutcase manager!.

Any decent manager will do his best to kick out the duds in his squad, and this nutcase had almost four years and he has failed to rectify this ailing status. The players who should have been kicked out are, Mignolet, Moerno, Origi, might be Sturridge, Clyne and Solanke glad to see the back of them.
Just try to bring the younger players to the fold, the likes of  Hoever and others, and reduce the wages bill!.

LFC is very much becoming an underachieving club, a very steady decline due to bad owners and management.

Brighton game is a very cranch one if we do slip there, it will be another January wobble it is a yearly custom of Klopp!! the f*cking useless.
algymoon

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:51 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:33 pm wrote:
Reg » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:32 am wrote:I see Lallana didn't play, any reason. Would of thought it would have been a perfect run out for him?

Get well soon mate.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:58 pm

algymoon » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:39 am wrote:It was an expected result and pathetic performance from the nutcase manager who his records in FA cup are almost zero! The team was put out was beaten before the start, it was so obvious!!

It is quite evident that LFC has no real quality depth in its squad, it is littered with big numbers of DUDS, therefore the potential of achieving glories is none-existing, especially under this nutcase manager!.

Any decent manager will do his best to kick out the duds in his squad, and this nutcase had almost four years and he has failed to rectify this ailing status. The players who should have been kicked out are, Mignolet, Moerno, Origi, might be Sturridge, Clyne and Solanke glad to see the back of them.
Just try to bring the younger players to the fold, the likes of  Hoever and others, and reduce the wages bill!.

LFC is very much becoming an underachieving club, a very steady decline due to bad owners and management.

Brighton game is a very cranch one if we do slip there, it will be another January wobble it is a yearly custom of Klopp!! the f*cking useless.

I haven't logged in for a while but nice to see you bringing the optimistic energy to the board.

4 points clear with 21 games gone ahead of a side that amassed 100 points last season. Backwards, definitely going backwards.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:03 pm

damjan193 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:51 am wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:33 pm wrote:

Get well soon mate.

:laugh:
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:21 pm

Glad to see you back on the forum, hope you're better.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games