LIVERPOOL VS WOLVES - 29/12/10 20:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby stmichael » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:12 am

Probably the worst display I've seen in 15 years, which is saying a lot considering the dross we've been served up for most of this season.

And you know the worst thing for me?It wasn't even the game. It was the complete apathy which greeted the final whistle. There was hardly any anger, just pure resignation.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:13 am

redhayesy wrote:i still want to hear from people on here who thinkl the likes of Lucas is still brilliant for us, who still think he is worthy of a regular place,who still sl@g roy off as being out of his depth like me, but still think it was alright for raffa to stick by him!

I dont think Lucas is brilliant, but for me he is one of the players, especially under rafa, who was the scapegoat for the many poor performances. This season he has improved, again not brilliant, but if I admire Kuyts attitude then I have to admire Lucas' also. He has just got on with it and taken the opportunities presented to him.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:13 am

stmichael wrote:Probably the worst display I've seen in 15 years, which is saying a lot considering the dross we've been served up for most of this season.

And you know the worst thing for me?It wasn't even the game. It was the complete apathy which greeted the final whistle. There was hardly any anger, just pure resignation.

first time i've never heard YWNA at the end of a game  :(
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:17 am

redhayesy wrote:i still want to hear from people on here who thinkl the likes of Lucas is still brilliant for us, who still think he is worthy of a regular place,who still sl@g roy off as being out of his depth like me, but still think it was alright for raffa to stick by him!

He was our best player AGAIN.

Ok that isn't saying much considering we were diabolical but he was the only player to constantly show for the ball.

It also helps that he was the only midfielder we had out there who was playing in his proper position (cheers roy).
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:18 am

7_Kewell wrote:
stmichael wrote:Probably the worst display I've seen in 15 years, which is saying a lot considering the dross we've been served up for most of this season.

first time i've never heard YWNA at the end of a game  :(

You'll Walk Never Again.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:24 am

I thought Blackpool was a bad result but they have proved to be a consistent performer this season but FFS Wolves ! The worse away record in all divisions and  without argubaly their best 2 players (Craddock and Doyle)???

As a fan you can forgive most things but when players dont appear to give a stuff about playing for the team WE love then thats beyond the pale ! :angry:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:43 am

stmichael wrote:

Ok that isn't saying much considering we were diabolical but he was the only player to constantly show for the ball.

It also helps that he was the only midfielder we had out there who was playing in his proper position (cheers roy).

totally dis-agree mate. NO player played well tonight,but my point is this,cause he didn't have any ones hand to hold tonight, he sh1t out! end of, he just played the fecking way he's always played for us since he joined.

when the going gets tough in midfield al he does when he get's the ball is play it sideways,one tap mate thats all he does,he doesn't dictact any play he relys on the likes of stevie to bail him out,time & time again.

please mate watch not only tonights game,but previous games this season,thats my judgement on him & opinion. when the team are playing well the likes of Lucas get credit-fine by me, but like i have said in many a disscusion on here,when the team need to fight & battle to win the ball to create chances for the fowards -he is out of his depth & all he does is give away silly,stupid free kicks like he did tonight & in previous games throughout his  playing days in a red shirt.

btw stevie played in his proper posistion tonight(cheers roy) but yet again found himself chasing back gaps or posistions that the oppo players got into thanks to the likes of Lucas not being disciplined enough to know how to break up the play in the first place!- hence let stevie create chances for torres & ngog end of.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:50 am

redhayesy wrote:
stmichael wrote:

totally dis-agree mate. NO player played well tonight,but my point is this,cause he didn't have any ones hand to hold tonight, he sh1t out! end of, he just played the fecking way he's always played for us since he joined.

when the going gets tough in midfield al he does when he get's the ball is play it sideways,one tap mate thats all he does,he doesn't dictact any play he relys on the likes of stevie to bail him out,time & time again.

please mate watch not only tonights game,but previous games this season,thats my judgement on him & opinion. when the team are playing well the likes of Lucas get credit-fine by me, but like i have said in many a disscusion on here,when the team need to fight & battle to win the ball to create chances for the fowards -he is out of his depth & all he does is give away silly,stupid free kicks like he did tonight & in previous games throughout his  playing days in a red shirt.

btw stevie played in his proper posistion tonight(cheers roy) but yet again found himself chasing back gaps or posistions that the oppo players got into thanks to the likes of Lucas not being disciplined enough to know how to break up the play in the first place!- hence let stevie create chances for torres & ngog end of.

I agree with you regarding the assessment of the game mate, no one played well today, they were all not good enough! Lucas was terrible, so was Gerrard, Torres, Skrtel, Kyriagkos, Johnson, Konchesky, Ngog, Kuyt and Meireles.

We all want Lucas to play well, but lets not get carried away. I still think he is a good player to have, maybe an O'Shea or a Wes Brown in Manchester United, a player who is a good squad player and gives a 100%.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:06 am

metalhead wrote:
redhayesy wrote:
stmichael wrote:

I agree with you regarding the assessment of the game mate, no one played well today, they were all not good enough! Lucas was terrible, so was Gerrard, Torres, Skrtel, Kyriagkos, Johnson, Konchesky, Ngog, Kuyt and Meireles.

We all want Lucas to play well, but lets not get carried away. I still think he is a good player to have, maybe an O'Shea or a Wes Brown in Manchester United, a player who is a good squad player and gives a 100%.

thanks mate,my point also is why oh why where all the players you mention not good enough tonight- that sounds fecking crazy mate when you mention the quality of player that you do! theirs only 2 reasons for me mate- here it is-ROY HODSON & SAMMY LEE!

i'm so glad iv'e got it off my chest tonight, cause if like me you saw the game tonight,like in prevoius weks them two are fecking everything up,for one reason or another, i don't fecking care anymore,you pair of tw@ts need to act like adults-& have the best interest only for the players & LFC end of.

if i have seen sammy talk on a fecking walky talky once this season in the dugout iv'e seen him do it a thousand times! wtf is that bu11sh1t alabout. as for fecking roy not even looking at him during a game -really,really p1sses me off! where the feck is the communication! no wonder the players have no direction or instuction on the pitch.

when they do it's so fecking dis-jointed,the pair of them end up showing just how much out of their depth they really are!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby mkingdom » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:44 am

Last night looks no better after a sleep....

I'm not having this about the squad not being good enough.  Many seem to think we have a poor squad which means Roy isn't totally to blame.  Sure, our squad could be better, but let's face it, when Roy got the job he must have thought he'd started playing Fantasy Football, with choices likes Gerrard, Carra, Torres, Kuyt, Maxi, Johnson, Agger and Cole.

Whatever you think of their current form, they are all seasoned international players, including world cup winners and runners up.

The bench last night was very strong.

Roy cannot claim the squad is the reason for our dreadful football. 

What he can blame is the fact that last night he played a centre forward, who usually plays right wing, on the left wing, and a centre mid on the right wing, and left the usual left and right mids on the bench.

He can blame the fact that he has drained every ounce of confidence and passion from the squad, and that we don't seem to have a plan A never mind a plan B. 

Few players (if any) can take any pride from last night, but once again Lucas is named as a culprit.  For me he is one of the few that want to try, and don't go hiding when things aren't going well  (Torres!).

So for last night, the starting 11 was a joke.  He just wanted to include all the "big guns" regardless of where they then had to play in the formation.  For someone with "35 years experience" this is just ridiculous.

For the season, he has had long enough now to prove that he is incapable of taking what is at least a top 6 squad, and deliver performances (Chelsea aside) anywhere near the level required.

Time for change.  Change the manager now, then see what they do with the core of the sqaud to see if we need a mass clear out.  I bet we don't.
mkingdom

Postby metalhead » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:32 am

feel really awful this morning, couldn't get a good night sleep because of the result yesterday :(
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby brenitez » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:35 am

i'm with you there metalhead.. did my ears play games with me or did he really praise the 3 most shocking players on the pitch in his lfctv interview (kuyt, skrtel an kyriagos!!)
brenitez

Postby Keris » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:59 pm

Wonder how the likes of Reina, Agger or Torres could drag themselves back to the training ground to face the man & his coaching staff again & again...
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby Bermenstein » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:17 pm

"Dont think we deserved to loose the game. Maybe we should have got a NIl-NIL" Roy Hodgson, post Lpool v Wolves game

WTf?? :O

0-0

Nice and positive...
We should be creaming teams Like Wolves, Blackpool & Northampton
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby syma76 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:44 pm

mkingdom wrote:Last night looks no better after a sleep....

I'm not having this about the squad not being good enough.  Many seem to think we have a poor squad which means Roy isn't totally to blame.  Sure, our squad could be better, but let's face it, when Roy got the job he must have thought he'd started playing Fantasy Football, with choices likes Gerrard, Carra, Torres, Kuyt, Maxi, Johnson, Agger and Cole.

Whatever you think of their current form, they are all seasoned international players, including world cup winners and runners up.

The bench last night was very strong.

Roy cannot claim the squad is the reason for our dreadful football. 

What he can blame is the fact that last night he played a centre forward, who usually plays right wing, on the left wing, and a centre mid on the right wing, and left the usual left and right mids on the bench.

He can blame the fact that he has drained every ounce of confidence and passion from the squad, and that we don't seem to have a plan A never mind a plan B. 

Few players (if any) can take any pride from last night, but once again Lucas is named as a culprit.  For me he is one of the few that want to try, and don't go hiding when things aren't going well  (Torres!).

So for last night, the starting 11 was a joke.  He just wanted to include all the "big guns" regardless of where they then had to play in the formation.  For someone with "35 years experience" this is just ridiculous.

For the season, he has had long enough now to prove that he is incapable of taking what is at least a top 6 squad, and deliver performances (Chelsea aside) anywhere near the level required.

Time for change.  Change the manager now, then see what they do with the core of the sqaud to see if we need a mass clear out.  I bet we don't.

agreed with u....seeing a lower team come to anfield and attacking us was unbelievable...anfield not a fortress anymore...any team coming to anfield not afraid to attack us...previously most of this so called lower team will come here and defensed deep.

we've already seen kuyt been deployed as a striker, left winger n  support striker and none of that extremely worked. thats why he'd been playing as a right winger.the only player can play various position is stevie. he's a rare breed player. meireles on the right?? our manager never learnt. he should stick meireles-lucas partnership on centre. kuyt on right. gerrard supporting torres. put maxi/babel/cole on left. agger for the greek? koncesky for aurelio? gutted!
the player look clueless coz the manager was clueless...no backup plan, not creative and tactical dumb.

This game was not player fault. it's totally manager fault.

Roy's OUT! no excuse.
syma76

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games