Liverpool vs Wolves 12/05 15:00 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Sun May 12, 2019 6:36 pm

Like many said here it has been a fantastic ride. Gutted however maybe because weve got a final to look forward i don't feel that bad. Once we drew against Everton and lost the initiative to City i felt it was over.

I has been difficult to keep toe to toe woth City but boy did we do well.

Shocking to say the least 97 points!!! Absolutely crazy!

I just pray we win the UCL these lads deserve a trophy.

Mane/Salah and Auba won the golden boot.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 12, 2019 7:07 pm

Has been a rollercoaster season, but incredibly proud of the lads. We've actually scored more point than any Man Utd team...

We'll take Big Ears in a couple of weeks and then roll on to a period of dominance in the league.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun May 12, 2019 7:51 pm

redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 12, 2019 8:37 pm

Soupyzrx » Sun May 12, 2019 4:49 pm wrote:Ah well, lads. The boys did us proud. I'm a bit disappointed, but not really. I got that over with in January. After our lead slipped away, I really didn't think we'd run them this close.  One point, one miserable point, dammit.
But, we were all-but unbeatable. The only team to take all three points off us went on to win the Prem. By one poxy point lol.
I guess the only chink in our armour is our deadliness 'deadliness' (is that even a word?) in front of goal, which may have lead to unnecessary draws, and I believe that will improve. Mo supposedly had an on-off season, but still is one of the golden boot winners!
It's all good. This group of players are relentless, they never give up. This season was NO failure. Victory in Madrid would top it off nicely.
Proud to be a red. Have been for 44 years.

I agree, imo our GK, defence and front 3 all stack up pretty well against City's, it's MF (specifically AM) where they have a definite advantage.
Kevin De Bruyne, David Silva, Bernardo Silva and Riyad Mahrez give them a cutting edge we just don't have.
I really hope we bring in at least one top, top quality AM during the summer.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Sun May 12, 2019 8:52 pm

A quality AM plus the Ox fully fit , along with a top drawer striker as  back up for the front 3; that's a minimum

Also on the wish list would be a quality back up to Robbo- I just don't like the idea of Milner slotting in any more- great professional but his age will catch up with him soon.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby tonyeh » Sun May 12, 2019 9:45 pm

Difficult to believe that Liverpool can get nearly a hundred points and still not win the title. The hopes were up for a wee while in the first half there, but I suppose it just wasn't to be.

But, they were excellent this season, it's so hard to feel any disappointment really. I thought I'd be gutted. But, I'm not?

And a CL title will be some reward for a truly brilliant campaign.

:buttrock
tonyeh

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 12, 2019 10:28 pm

Getting through to what will be our 9th appearance in a European Cup/CL final is a nice consolation prize I must admit. It's definitely took the edge off the disappointment of missing out on the title.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun May 12, 2019 10:55 pm

100% mate because i feel if we didn't have that we all would've been dejected today.

Main thing now is we win the damn thing. I'm optimistic but getting slightly nervy now.

When you look at the table you have to wipe your eyes and look a few times.

Friggin crazy to say the least..

Few achievements from the lads.

Salah/Mane - Golden Boot
Alisson- Golden Glove
Trent- Most Assists for a DF

PFA- VVD

Least goals conceeded in the league.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun May 12, 2019 11:46 pm

Interesting to see on MOTD tonight what went 'wrong' for us and equally how Citeh responded when we were 7 points ahead of them at one point. The defeat to Citeh when we were 11mm away from taking the lead, the draw with United when three of their lot went off injured, the draw with the Chavs, can't remember the others...
Some good points made here about the lack of creativity in midfield though I don't honestly think Coutinho would've made a difference if he'd stayed.
This isn't sour grapes but when you look at who Citeh can afford to leave on the bench because of the money they have (Jesus, Sane, Mahrez) and the creativity they still have on the field, it's amazing we pushed them right to the end. I can only see Citeh spending more and more. I can also hope FFP will finally prevail and clubs like Citeh, United, Chelsea will be forced to play on the same financial pitch as other big clubs.
Amen.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 13, 2019 12:33 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 12, 2019 9:28 pm wrote:Getting through to what will be our 9th appearance in a European Cup/CL final is a nice consolation prize I must admit. It's definitely took the edge off the disappointment of missing out on the title.

City get the title we want and we get the cup they want  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon May 13, 2019 4:42 am

Thank you LFC.

:hearts
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 13, 2019 1:18 pm

bunglemark2 » Sun May 12, 2019 10:46 pm wrote:Interesting to see on MOTD tonight what went 'wrong' for us and equally how Citeh responded when we were 7 points ahead of them at one point. The defeat to Citeh when we were 11mm away from taking the lead, the draw with United when three of their lot went off injured, the draw with the Chavs, can't remember the others...
Some good points made here about the lack of creativity in midfield though I don't honestly think Coutinho would've made a difference if he'd stayed.
This isn't sour grapes but when you look at who Citeh can afford to leave on the bench because of the money they have (Jesus, Sane, Mahrez) and the creativity they still have on the field, it's amazing we pushed them right to the end. I can only see Citeh spending more and more. I can also hope FFP will finally prevail and clubs like Citeh, United, Chelsea will be forced to play on the same financial pitch as other big clubs.
Amen.

Coutinho would have made a big difference but he didn't just leave he forced his way out so what could we do? I guess there was one thing we could have done in fact thinking about it the only tiny gripe I've got about this season is just like in 2013/14 we didn't strengthen in January when we were sitting top of the table but knew that City would come back at us hard.
The likes of Jurgen, Edwards, FSG etc are doing a great job but I do feel they need to learn to seize the moment somewhat. This summer is an example of what I'm talking about, Jurgen is saying that we won't be doing much business in the off season when imo this is the time we should be spending big to consolidate our position at the top. I understand what Jurgen is saying about this team being relatively young and there being a lot of room for improvement etc but there are area's where we are obviously short (i.e AM).
It's been a long hard road to get ourselves back into a position where we are genuine title/CL contenders again, let's not fritter all that hard work away by sitting on our hands while our rivals rebuild.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Rum » Mon May 13, 2019 1:36 pm

The midfield is the only area lacking in enough quality. Our forwarding and defence is spot on.

Just needs addressing with 2 stellar signings
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Mon May 13, 2019 3:35 pm

A bitter Disappointment we would feel after LFC has been in control of the league proceedings most of the season, only let it slip the latter part and most important period of the season. If LFC had one proper centre forward we would have won the league four weeks ago, this is our main problem, and the manager had failed to rectify this problem over four seasons ago, yet another blank season.

M. city is a better team and deserved Champion, however, they were wobbling and scared of LFC, our downfall we don't possess top CF, and a creative midfielder. 
We have a slim chance from a complete disaster season with no trophies, if we can beat Spurs in CL final, and I hope the boys can do it, they were really dejected players yesterday, you can visibly see it the player's faces.
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 13, 2019 4:44 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 13, 2019 1:18 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Sun May 12, 2019 10:46 pm wrote:Interesting to see on MOTD tonight what went 'wrong' for us and equally how Citeh responded when we were 7 points ahead of them at one point. The defeat to Citeh when we were 11mm away from taking the lead, the draw with United when three of their lot went off injured, the draw with the Chavs, can't remember the others...
Amen.

Coutinho would have made a big difference but he didn't just leave he forced his way out so what could we do? I guess there was one thing we could have done in fact thinking about it the only tiny gripe I've got about this season is just like in 2013/14 we didn't strengthen in January when we were sitting top of the table but knew that City would come back at us hard.
The likes of Jurgen, Edwards, FSG etc are doing a great job but I do feel they need to learn to seize the moment somewhat. This summer is an example of what I'm talking about, Jurgen is saying that we won't be doing much business in the off season when imo this is the time we should be spending big to consolidate our position at the top. I understand what Jurgen is saying about this team being relatively young and there being a lot of room for improvement etc but there are area's where we are obviously short (i.e AM).
It's been a long hard road to get ourselves back into a position where we are genuine title/CL contenders again, let's not fritter all that hard work away by sitting on our hands while our rivals rebuild.

Coutinho would have made a big difference

:wwww

Are you for real !

Yeah , Cuntinho would have added something to our attacking options BUT defensively our midfield would have been seriously  weakened.

Pipped at the post by one point away from "Opec " City and a CL final to come. Personally I don't think Cuntinho would've helped us improve on that  :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games