Wolves Vs Liverpool FA Cup 7/01/19 19:45 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:02 pm

Personally I think Klopp is shedding wood - and some of the wage bill - cos he's got someone in mind during the transfer window.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:05 pm

Doeboy » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:01 pm wrote:Struggling to be too bothered about going out. As mentioned, priorities elsewhere and a blessing in disguise going out.

Only thing that bothered me about today was Keita. No means a terrible performance by him but I was really hoping he would use this game to step up and take the game by the scruff of he neck but it never came. Just feels like he is not fully expressing himself out there and shows glimpses of good play here and there but I'm expecting him to really go out there and be a real dynamo in midfield for us but like a lot of his other games, seem to be on the fringes somewhat.

To be fair it's a tough place to go and take a game by the scruff of the neck, City only got a draw there.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:07 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:05 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:01 pm wrote:Struggling to be too bothered about going out. As mentioned, priorities elsewhere and a blessing in disguise going out.

Only thing that bothered me about today was Keita. No means a terrible performance by him but I was really hoping he would use this game to step up and take the game by the scruff of he neck but it never came. Just feels like he is not fully expressing himself out there and shows glimpses of good play here and there but I'm expecting him to really go out there and be a real dynamo in midfield for us but like a lot of his other games, seem to be on the fringes somewhat.

To be fair it's a tough place to go and take a game by the scruff of the neck, City only got a draw there.

He didnt try Yakka and that's a huge disappointment..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:13 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:05 pm wrote:

I know Yakka, they are a good team but these are the kind of games you have to come in and make an impression when you get a chance. He was arguably the player we had the highest hopes for in terms of summer signings and I know injuries haven't helped his cause but I was hoping he could use today as a platform to go and express himself and give the manager a selection headache for the next game, especially taking into Klopp's comments on him in the last day or so.
Doeboy

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:16 pm

Always a big chance of losing that once we made so many changes and it showed. Some really poor stuff at times and a bit of it is down to players not giving a fook. Sturridge was abysmal tonight closely followed by Moreno. 2 players who know they are finished here and they couldn't be arsed.

That Ki Jana lad played well when he came on and looks way ahead of his years. Fabinho was MOTM for me and he should have no bother slotting alongside Virgil at the weekend.

Anyway its always disappointing to exit a competition at the first hurdle but clearly we don't have the squad to compete on all fronts.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:19 pm

All the United fans are out of hiding tonight giving it large on social media.. they really are the most pathetic club in the world. Glad they drew Arsenal away so they don't get a gifted cup run and fluke another cup.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:21 pm

On Keita. He looks like a lad that is struggling to settle and is low on confidence. Maybe he is finding it tough to settle outside of the club and its showing through in his performances.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:21 pm

Well, at least that's another distraction out of the way. This game was never going to be easy either, Wolves are a good team and they played their best 11 at their own pitch. It was again a game of luck at the end, Neves' goal went in and Shaqiri's didn't. Hopefully we've had our share of bad luck for this season.

The only positive is that Ki Lana lad. Like other have said, he looks like he has a bright future ahead of him. Fabinho looked good at CB as well, so hopefully we won't be using Lovren anymore.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:51 pm

In fairness Klopp should be shot for putting that team out.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:58 pm

red till i die!! » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:16 pm wrote:Always a big chance of losing that once we made so many changes and it showed. Some really poor stuff at times and a bit of it is down to players not giving a fook. Sturridge was abysmal tonight closely followed by Moreno. 2 players who know they are finished here and they couldn't be arsed.

That Ki Jana lad played well when he came on and looks way ahead of his years. Fabinho was MOTM for me and he should have no bother slotting alongside Virgil at the weekend.

Anyway its always disappointing to exit a competition at the first hurdle but clearly we don't have the squad to compete on all fronts.

We dint have the squad to compete on all fronts? Are you on the wacky tabacky? It was a cop out by Klopp, never mind the apathy on display on the pitch.
Those effin' cheaters in red tonight are an embarrassment to the club and every manager and player in the past who valued silverware in the cabinet. The likes of Moreno, Sturridge, Mignolet for a start can't and won't put a shift in cos they KNOW they're gonna get a massive cheque at the end of the week ANYWAY, whilst the ordinary fan pays that massive wage.
If you're gonna go out, so be it. It happens. But to go out like THAT, is just sickening.
Meanwhile we have other teams around us at the top of the league in all competitions still. We are now, again, desperately relying on either the league or the champions League, neither of which is a forgone conclusion.
Fuming here...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:00 am

I'm not allowing myself to be too upset, why should I be when its evident the club cant be arsed even negotiating the competition. Tonight was a painful reminder of just how ordinary we were in the past,it was like a torturous rewind through our years of sufferance with clearly sub standard players. The only few bright spots in a gloomy old night were Fabinho and 16 yr old  Hoever's obvious class,who looks and carries the ball  like a young Van Dijk. One day in the not too distant future we will be rid of the dark days of Mignolet being beaten by speculative 30 yard shots and Moreno being ripped to shreds on the flanks,one day when our triumvirate are rested we will have players champing at the bit to make their quality known rather than front men who couldn't give a flying f*ck how useless and tired they look.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:35 am

Hoever put in a performance some of the older more experienced players should take note of. Only 16 years old, playing away from home against a very decent premier league side, in a position where there is no hiding, with a partner who isn't even a full time CB. Put's things into perspective. Camacho and Jones get byes as they are kids so can't expect too much.

Moreno, Origi and Sturridge know they won't be here for much longer and it showed in their performances. Granted, Origi took his goal well but thought he was poor apart from that. In Sturridge's case, he just probably doesn't want to pick up an injury now ahead of a free transfer in the summer so  I don't expect to see him put himself about much.
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:43 am

Right so we are out of another competition. If we were not challenging for the title i would've been very disappointed however considering we've got more important fish to fry i guess maybe it is for the best.
It would have been good for the young lads if we progressed though.

Hoever has got potential and also i thought Jones,Camacho did ok aswel.

It was a very lacklustre performance from us. You could tell some of the lads couldn't be bothered. I thought Fabinho did well at CB.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:20 am

No doubt Algymoon is warming up.....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:51 am

Reg » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:51 pm wrote:In fairness Klopp should be shot for putting that team out.

The players let him down.

They should have been giving 110% to show why they deserve a place in the team or a new contract.  In the end they showed why they can't get a game - they arnt good enough.

Wouldn't surprise me if that's the last time Sturridge, Migs, Moreno and Origi start a game for us. They aren't up to it and all will be gone by the summer.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games