Liverpool Vs Wolves 22/05/22 16:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Fri May 20, 2022 7:11 pm

Final game of the season at home, lets end it with  bang and hopefully SG and co will help us out.
Either way it has been a formidable effort trying to topple City....

We all will be monitoring the Villa game also, if City score in first 5 mins, best to tune off.  :D
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri May 20, 2022 9:36 pm

All we can do is batter them.

Sadly I expect City to do likewise.

Good luck Reds, it's crazy how you have to have a perfect season to have just a chance to win the league...
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat May 21, 2022 7:13 am

Reg » Fri May 20, 2022 9:36 pm wrote:All we can do is batter them.

Sadly I expect City to do likewise.

Good luck Reds, it's crazy how you have to have a perfect season to have just a chance to win the league...

Extremely difficult to win the league with Pep's City, any other season we would've bagged our third title under Klopp.

Haven't got much hope myself but we never know, anything is possible.

Head say's City will score early, be 3-0 up by half time and smash them in the end 5-0.
Heart says Villa will hold them
1-1.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat May 21, 2022 11:44 am

Despite what Pep says I think they will be nervous and it’ll probably be tight for a while, I do think their quality will take over and they will breeze by in the end. KDB is world class and those players show up in these moments.

As for us I think will score a lot and win easily.

When you get 90+ points you would expect to win the title.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 21, 2022 7:07 pm

I wouldn't underestimate just how fired up Gerrard will have his players for this, if Villa do fail you can bet your bottom dollar that it won't be down to any lack of effort or desire, it will just be a case of City being too good.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Sat May 21, 2022 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat May 21, 2022 7:24 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 21, 2022 6:07 pm wrote:I wouldn't underestimate just how fired up Gerrard will have his players for this, if Villa do fail i dont think it will be down to any lack of effort or desire, it will just be a case of City being too good.

And they do have the chance to be a king maker, in an uneventful season that is something to play for. It’s fantastic that we managed to take it to the final match where you never know what could happen. For Villa it would be a trophy of sorts and give the fans something to cheer about. It could well be destined for last day drama.

City losing it on the final day would make a better story than them holding on at the end. In that respect I would agree with Pep that most of the country wants City to lose.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun May 22, 2022 7:06 am

Man City 1-1 Villa

Liverpool 4-1 wolves

Commmmmon redmennnnnnnnn

Time for immortality!!!!!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Sun May 22, 2022 9:01 am

With a week to recover and prepare compared to Villa's 2 days, and with Walker and Stones back from injury, I can't see anything apart from a comfortable home win for City.

From our perspective, I expect to see the CL final lineup minus those who have a knock. Salah and VVD rejoined training on Friday so expect them to come off the bench if they don't start. Haven't heard anything about Fabinho which isn't good news ahead of next weekend.

Wolves have checked out and we should have some freshness back in the legs after resting most players on Tuesday so this should be a comfortable win for us.
Eagle

Postby devaney » Sun May 22, 2022 10:04 am

Prayer mats out !!

So the diabolical penalty that Tierney and Kavanagh failed to give Everton when they played City could actually mean we lose out on the league title !! Debatable decisions are one thing but gross ineptitude is entirely a different matter. Not one pundit including Micah Richards could believe that the Rodri hand ball wasn’t a penalty. Just how often has the head of the referees come out and apologised for such appalling failure on behalf of the match officials.

We can only hope but I really do expect a repeat of last time we found ourselves in an identical position  :no

Good luck Reds. You deserve it !!!!

COYR

YNWA
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun May 22, 2022 3:06 pm

redshade » Sun May 22, 2022 6:06 am wrote:Man City 1-1 Villa

Liverpool 4-1 wolves

Commmmmon redmennnnnnnnn

Time for immortality!!!!!

Hope your prediction comes true BUT don't like the lack of respect shown to a decent Wolves team.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 22, 2022 3:09 pm

Delighted we are still in with a shout with 90 minutes left to play for. Can't ask for any more than that from the lads.

What will be will be!!  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 22, 2022 3:21 pm

devaney » Sun May 22, 2022 9:04 am wrote:Prayer mats out !!

So the diabolical penalty that Tierney and Kavanagh failed to give Everton when they played City could actually mean we lose out on the league title !! Debatable decisions are one thing but gross ineptitude is entirely a different matter. Not one pundit including Micah Richards could believe that the Rodri hand ball wasn’t a penalty. Just how often has the head of the referees come out and apologised for such appalling failure on behalf of the match officials.

We can only hope but I really do expect a repeat of last time we found ourselves in an identical position  :no

Good luck Reds. You deserve it !!!!

COYR

YNWA

The Rodri handball was admittedly a shocker but bad decisions have gone on since the dawn of time.
Hate to say it if City win it they'll deserve it.
That's what separates the title from cup competitions, no one flukes the title, a 9 month long round robin tournament goes on way too long and is too tough a competition to fluke. That's why Shankly put so much store in it and told everyone the title should be our bread and butter.
I could be wrong and City will probably be 1 up within 10 minutes and cruise to a comfortable victory but the way this season has gone and the way this final day has been set up you'd swear there were footballing god's with their hands on the tiller.
Dont be surprised if a City player slips over to give us the title - that's all I'm saying!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Sun May 22, 2022 4:02 pm

1 in 7 probability. Please God!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun May 22, 2022 4:04 pm

Not the start we wanted 0-1 Trent caught asleep
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun May 22, 2022 4:21 pm

Should be 0-2 down…our defensive high line without Virgil is a disaster waiting to happen
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games