Wolves vs Liverpool 16/09 12:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:09 pm

Santa » Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:37 pm wrote:Just to add to the good news today...United is getting tonked by Brighton at home

As usual the old faithful have left the stadium in droves

but....city came from 1-0 down and won away from home.....shyte
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:33 pm

I think today was always going to be tough as its the first one after the break and 1st to kick off. The south America thing is a pain but has always been an issue after the internationals as they play later and have further to travel. We would have lost that game 12 months ago but looking much better now and showing that we can dig deep to turn it around.

1st half was poor though and no getting away from the fact that it could have been put to bed then. Gomez needs games to pick up form so while he had some moments today they will be less and less as the games come. Never a RB for me and certainly not if the idea is to emulate Trent.  Mac wasn't great either and neither was Jones. We needed lads in the first half to get a foot on the ball and get control but they went missing there.

A lot of positives though. Mo showing again that he is still a big player for us. Szob putting in another good shift and showing consistency. Diaz instantly brings energy when he comes on as well but the real plus is being able to see what's wrong and correcting it to get the result A totally different mentality second half.

Not glossing over things by any means but great 3 points. Really important to get that win today.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:59 pm

Good win and on track to become mentally monsters again. I thought Mac was awful and why we were so bad in the first half, no surprise that we got better when he was changed, I would assume that it was due to all the travel as he probably travelled the furthest. Quansah is looking a good player and happy for him to get some game time. I don’t think Salah will ever win golden boot again, he is turning into an assist king though and that’s almost as good, he seems to have lost a step though. Once again Sboz is oozing quality and leadership, he just looks like he’s a true footballer much like Gerrard was, probably could play any position. Happy for Robbo to score the go ahead goal as captain.

Great result and a great 3 points.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:32 pm

This current crop seem to have a fair bit of resilience about them, takes a bit of doing turning a game around like that when you were as poor as we were that first half. We were missing key players as well, add to that late long haul flights, early kick off etc and the excuses were all there if the players wanted to throw the towel in mentally but credit to them they rolled their sleeves up instead.
Lot to like about this particular group of players.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:39 pm

Last season we probably would've flopped this. Good comeback from the lads, we made the right changes and pulled through.

Salah is known for scoring but we can't forget how effective he is in creating chances and assisting.

Darwin is an agent of chaos, he is a nuisance for any opposition. When he came on wolves were stretched out.

Also welldone Robbo, 200th appeance and notched a goal.
Last edited by redshade on Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:18 am

Well done Reds! Good to see United suffer as well.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:57 am

Great response second half after a dismal 1st half. Klopp showed just how astute he is tactically to make the right changes needed. I have to say i like Gakpo but prefer Nunez at CF, defences just seem to be a lot more scared of him.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:44 pm

Boocity » Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:57 am wrote:Great response second half after a dismal 1st half. Klopp showed just how astute he is tactically to make the right changes needed. I have to say i like Gakpo but prefer Nunez at CF, defences just seem to be a lot more scared of him.

Agree about Nunez, he is a right handful for defenders
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:15 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:44 pm wrote:
Boocity » Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:57 am wrote:Great response second half after a dismal 1st half. Klopp showed just how astute he is tactically to make the right changes needed. I have to say i like Gakpo but prefer Nunez at CF, defences just seem to be a lot more scared of him.

Agree about Nunez, he is a right handful for defenders

Yup Darwin,Nunez and Salah should be our main lads uptop. Diaz and Darwin scare defenses and cause alot of chaos uptop.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:37 am

It was looking very much like a typical 12:30 pm start after an international break!!

Liverpool were completely at sixes and sevens, whilst a very determined Wolves side constantly broke down anything Liverpool had to offer. MacAllister was having a nightmare in midfield and was clearly suffering from travelling half way around the world on international duty and playing at altitude. Jota and Gakpo also struggled and somewhat ironically were majorly responsible for Liverpool’s first goal after the arrival of a very feisty Diaz.Two minutes later both Jota and Gakpo were substituted which had been signalled prior to the goal. Liverpool at this stage could count themselves incredibly lucky as Wolves could easily have gone into the break leading 3-0.

The second half however was a different story with key substitutions and tactical changes making the difference with Liverpool going on to win 3-1. Once again Mo’s contribution was massive with 2 assists which could have been three if Elliot’s deflected shot which lead to a goal had been on target. Elliot and Nunez certainly made a very significant difference when they came on. Our defence at times looked shambolic, especially in the first half, due to the number of changes. It was good to see Konate make a late appearance after returning from injury. Importantly, so far, we don’t seem to have suffered due to the mass exodus of players during the summer.

This has been a fantastic start to the season and credit has to go to Klopp and the players. Yes,we spent a few quid this summer but we certainly seem to be reaping the rewards compared to Chelsea and Manchester United who are both looking ridiculously bad when you consider the money they have spent. City however continue to impress and look as if they have found another one in Doku.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:38 am

Good win and three points, very pleasing and well done, but no clean sheet.
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby devaney » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:18 pm

Tommy Smith » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:38 am wrote:Good win and three points, very pleasing and well done, but no clean sheet.

A very well constructed contribution. CONGRATULATIONS !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Previous