Liverpool v Thailand

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:40 pm

The lads acquitted themselves  well in that heat and humidity .

Coutinho's solo goal was a thing of beauty ,and  Aspas's flick for Gerrard's goal was decidedly brilliant ,a solid game for Mignolet and a quite
sumptuous drag back and slot for Aspas ..... Oh and Toure will eventually become a favourite of the Kop ,I'm completely convinced of that.

YNWA
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:01 pm

Aspas had his best game of pre-season so far.  Wasn't that keen on him in his first few games but looks like he will be an upgrade on Borini.

Coutinho's goal was class but we don't get the best out of him playing him wide.  We will do more damage to teams the more we can get him on the ball centrally.

Mignolet made one superb save first half and hasn't put a foot wrong so far in pre-season, but it's early days yet.

I don't think Borini is going to cut it.  He's got decent movement but he's poor at recycling possession and his finishing is erratic.  It has been a bit stop-start with him as far as injuries go, maybe if he gets a few goals in consecutive games we'll see a different player with a bit of confidence about him, but I'm not sure.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:32 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:33 pm wrote:
only me » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:36 am wrote:Liverpool presenting a 6-10 league position team. :no

Midfield of Lucas/Allen/Gerrard looks pretty average ,with Only Couthinho to offer "something" different.
Borini/Aspas "Nice" guys but don't capture your imagination.

The most worrying insight for me is that we pretty much look the same, good with the ball ,glimpse of excellence and a lot of casual mediocre plays. Not good enough for a CL spot. We are stuck in that low gear mode ,unable to change pace.

:laugh:

40 degrees in the shade and  humidity levels reaching 90 % and this moaning fecker wants them to run for 90 minutes ....priceless.

Where the fck did I ask them to run 90/45/15 minutes? did you even bother reading the post? typical illiterate clown.
What I wrote is that we are playing a very monotone pace ,very controlled ,rather slow movement which makes it hard to surprise the defending team. You don't have to run 90 minutes (I guess in a month we should) but we need to be able to change gear when attacking.

Should have drawn pictures but I doubt you would have understood them.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:43 pm

wasn't a bad run out for the lads. i know its hot and sticky there but after 3 weeks on that side of the world id have thought they would have been a little better equipped fitness wise.
mignolet pulled of 2 or 3 good stops but his distribution and clearance's under pressure are not at the level pepe's is. he did well though. aspas took his goal well and showed some good composure to slot it in. its seriously frightening at how good coutinho is, he is by far our best player and everything is happening through him.
another poor no show from borini, he's full of running but just cannot get on the end of them. he should be one of our fittest players given he was involved in the u21 tournament. he had a few bad misses in the previous 2 games and the quality of opposition wasnt that hot either. he really needs to do better if he is going to be any use to us this season.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:58 pm

only me » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:32 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:33 pm wrote:
only me » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:36 am wrote:Liverpool presenting a 6-10 league position team. :no

Midfield of Lucas/Allen/Gerrard looks pretty average ,with Only Couthinho to offer "something" different.

The most worrying insight for me is that we pretty much look the same, good with the ball ,glimpse of excellence and a lot of casual mediocre plays. Not good enough for a CL spot. We are stuck in that low gear mode ,unable to change pace.

40 degrees in the shade and  humidity levels reaching 90 % and this moaning fecker wants them to run for 90 minutes ....priceless.

Where the fck did I ask them to run 90/45/15 minutes? did you even bother reading the post? typical illiterate clown.
What I wrote is that we are playing a very monotone pace ,very controlled ,rather slow movement which makes it hard to surprise the defending team. You don't have to run 90 minutes (I guess in a month we should) but we need to be able to change gear when attacking.

Should have drawn pictures but I doubt you would have understood them.

We have played 3 won 3 without conceding in pre-season so far, Chelsea played Thailand Allstars and only won 2-0, we just beat the national team 3-0 which really should have been 6, plus the the conditions as RBG said. I really think you're over reacting, its only pre-season lets see what happens over the next 3 games.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:10 pm

The most worrying insight for me is that we pretty much look the same, good with the ball ,glimpse of excellence and a lot of casual mediocre plays. Not good enough for a CL spot. We are stuck in that low gear mode ,unable to change pace.[/quote]

40 degrees in the shade and  humidity levels reaching 90 % and this moaning fecker wants them to run for 90 minutes ....priceless.[/quote]

Should have drawn pictures but I doubt you would have understood them.[/quote]

We have played 3 won 3 without conceding in pre-season so far, Chelsea played Thailand Allstars and only won 2-0, we just beat the national team 3-0 which really should have been 6, plus the the conditions as RBG said. I really think you're over reacting, its only pre-season lets see what happens over the next 3 games.[/quote]

Mate ,I don't care for results ,it's pre-season ,we are playing mainly for PR reasons (which is perfectly ok) ,i'm trying to look at the structure ,tactics and new talents...Regretfully I don't see a world of distance from last year. We will be a GOOD team this year ,as we were last year ,but I don't see the breakthrough in this squad ,Talent wise or tactic wise. It's by far not too late...We have time to change but we need to realize it now rather then later.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redno7 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:36 pm

mignolet's lack of quality distribution won't matter to BR. he wants his goalie to play from the back so a simple roll out to a defender is just fine.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:14 pm

Playing it from the back involves the gk playing a part in it not just "rolling it out" - the gk is supposed to comfortable with the ball at his feet and be able to pass the ball with confidence. Also a gk needs good distribution skills to enable us to make us of quick breaks where the opposition is caught short - if he can't distribute the ball well then it's a wasted opportunity.

I hope to hell Mignolet does a bit more than "just roll it out" - he isn't playing 5 a side at the local gym anymore
Benny The Noon

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:48 pm

Mignolet has played in midfield.

Aspas.  :D
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:45 pm

Read what you wrote again lad ,its not me that needs a lesson in proof reading ......Blurt  :laugh:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:48 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:45 pm wrote:

Read what you wrote again lad ,its not me that needs a lesson in proof reading ......Blurt 

You're consistently unimpressed with anything the reds do , in fact if it wasn't for your continual gripes
you would probably be as invisible as your sense of humour. :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:58 pm

Why are you replying to yourself and insulting yourself ???
Benny The Noon

Postby ethanr » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:53 am

Benny The Noon » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:58 pm wrote:Why are you replying to yourself and insulting yourself ???

:laugh:  Was just thinking the same thing...
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ethanr » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:54 am

ethanr » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:53 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:58 pm wrote:Why are you replying to yourself and insulting yourself ???

Shut up you *****, quit complaining and add some value.  :glare:
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:14 am

ethanr » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:54 am wrote:
ethanr » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:53 pm wrote:

Shut up you *****, quit complaining and add some value.  :glare:

Drugs are bad for you
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games