Liverpool vs singapore - 26th july 2009

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby rinoayuna » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:26 am

Hey all, Liverpool's coming to Singapore for a pre-season friendly against Singapore on 26th July so I just want to know if any Singaporean Liverpool fans here are going for the match.

All discussion about the match here!

P.S. I hope this is the first thread about this topic, because I've looked through a few pages of this section and haven't seen anything on this being posted!
rinoayuna

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:31 am

Hey mate , i'm going for the match , got my tickets the moment they came out
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:20 pm

Speaking of Singapore, Maypax hasn't been around for a bit but I'm sure he'll be going
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:45 pm

Maypax has been really busy with school and all , i'm sure he'll post when he has the time :)
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:54 am

Maybe next year , Liverpool can come to Malaysia. Getting sick of Manure tour here...
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Keris » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:09 am

red_guy wrote:Maybe next year , Liverpool can come to Malaysia. Getting sick of Manure tour here...

Not as long as they have those Man U :censored: kissin fat cats at FAM we wont.

And issues with our current shirt sponsors.
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:47 pm

Alright i've got my tickets and i'll be going for the game tomorrow , i hope rafa puts his best 11 out but we all know thats unlikely , xabi could start whereas johnson is out with an injury
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:55 pm

Enjoy the game mate.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:57 pm

And another one who nails it :nod

Liverpool FC legend Kenny Dalglish defends manager Rafa Benitez’s Singapore rotation

Jul 25 2009 by James Pearce, Liverpool Echo

Liverpool FC legend Kenny Dalglish defends manager Rafael Benitez’s Singapore rotation

SOME Singaporeans are going to be left crying into their Tiger beer tomorrow. There is clamour here for Rafa Benitez to throw all his star names into action from the start when they take on the national team (noon kick-off UK time).

Liverpool’s visit has even managed to knock swine flu off the front pages with The New Paper dedicating seven pages of coverage to the Reds’ stay in the former British colony.

Their front page headline yesterday issued the plea: “Dear Rafa, Please play your best 11”.

Inside they urged fans desperate to see their heroes to sign an online petition, saying: “How would you feel if the likes of Glen Johnson, Javier Mascherano and Pepe Reina only play a half, Fernando Torres plays just 10 minutes and Xabi Alonso doesn’t play at all?

“That was exactly what happened on Wednesday when the Reds played against Thailand.

“With captain Steven Gerrard already missing the tour and Martin Skrtel out injured, don’t you think you deserve the biggest bang for your buck?”

However, they aren’t going to get their way.

Benitez used 26 players against Thailand in Bangkok and it’s likely to be a similar story tomorrow.

With 30 degree heat and intense humidity, few are likely to feature for more than a half.

To fans here this might be the biggest match of their life but for Benitez it is just another step on the road to ensuring the Reds are ready for the start of the Premier League in three weeks.

Reds legend Kenny Dalglish, who is on the tour in his role as club ambassador, believes any criticism of the manager’s selection policy is unfair.

“The most important match coming up is the one against Tottenham,” he said.

“That is the one the players are being prepared for.

“It’s been difficult for Rafa to manage the situation with players coming back to start pre-season at different times with different levels of fitness.

“The Spanish lads and Andrea Dossena only rejoined the squad last weekend.

“You could never expect any player to come back and after two days training start a game, let alone play the full 90 minutes.

“The fact those players played any part at all in Thailand was a real bonus for everyone.

“I’m sure it will be much the same on Sunday. The players will have another couple of days training and 15 or 20 minutes game time behind them.

“They might be better prepared to play for a bit longer but the best person to make that judgement is Rafa.

“I don’t think the people in Thailand or Singapore should take it any other way.

“It’s certainly not Rafa trying to be ungrateful or disrespectful in any shape or form. It’s just a fact of life.

“Wherever these games had been played it would have been exactly the same.

“Rafa knows the players best and the last thing he wants is for anyone to not be fit for the first game against Tottenham.

“We’ve already lost Martin Skrtel with a hamstring injury and we have to protect against losing anyone else.

“I know Rafa will manage the situation well with his knowledge and intelligence. The best team for a particular game might not be the biggest names.”

Dalglish was speaking alongside Xabi Alonso at an adidas coaching clinic held at Victoria Junior College yesterday.

They were joined by Liverpool academy coaches Mike Garrity and Carl Macauley who put the youngsters through their paces.

One of the many banners welcoming the stars read ‘Don’t go Alonso, don’t be like Owen’.

Uncertainty over the future of both Alonso and Javier Mascherano is dragging on but Dalglish insists it’s had no impact on the Reds’ preparations.

“I don’t think it has any affect at all,” he added. “The players are used to speculation. It’s a fact of life and you have just got to get on with it.

“From what I’ve seen the players are doing superbly well. They have trained well and look in good shape. I just think it’s fantastic for Liverpool to come here and get closer to the people who support this football club.

“It’s a great thrill for the children to see the likes of Xabi Alonso and spend a bit of time with him.”

:nod  :nod
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:47 pm

To be fair nanny we are paying about 40 pounds to see them play and thats just the regular tickets , the premium closer grandstand ones are about 80 pounds and to see rafa put the reserves out would be unfair for the fans who paid good money to see the best 11 , i understand sensible rotation but not up to the point where we see 11 youth/reserve team players
Last edited by Toffeehater on Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:10 pm

Toffeehater wrote:To be fair nanny we are paying about 40 pounds to see them play and thats just the regular tickets , the premium closer grandstand ones are about 80 pounds and to see rafa put the reserves out would be unfair for the fans who paid good money to see the best 11 , i understand sensible rotation but not up to the point where we see 11 youth/reserve team players

yes and  :laugh: i pay 40 or more every time an all . an even we dont know who an what hes gonna rotate ,  :laugh: just take a gamble lol

In most of the friendlys i have seen over there Toff , they have used most of the players , so the fans have got to see everyone, in the squad, i hope you enjoy the game tomorrow mate but do me a favor , take a dirty big flag with you an write on it

ME NAN FU.CKING LOVES YOU XABI :laugh:
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:52 pm

that f*cker maypax is not going to the game, he told me he has school and all :D  :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:55 pm

metalhead wrote:that f*cker maypax is not going to the game, he told me he has school and all :D  :laugh:

Why dosnt he just sag
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rinoayuna » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:03 am

The match is on tonight!! Can't wait. Oh and btw I can't believe Xabi and Kenny went to Victoria Junior College!! If only I was a year older, I would have been in VJC's soccer team and meeting Xabi and Kenny yesterday! Oh well. Hope Liverpool comes back to Singapore next year/year after next.

I think in future they should bring two Premier League teams here to play against each other instead of playing against Singapore because the match would then be of higher quality and more beneficial to Liverpool. I wouldn't mind paying more than 50 pounds to watch Liverpool vs Tottenham for example.
rinoayuna

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:09 am

NANNY RED wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:To be fair nanny we are paying about 40 pounds to see them play and thats just the regular tickets , the premium closer grandstand ones are about 80 pounds and to see rafa put the reserves out would be unfair for the fans who paid good money to see the best 11 , i understand sensible rotation but not up to the point where we see 11 youth/reserve team players

yes and  :laugh: i pay 40 or more every time an all . an even we dont know who an what hes gonna rotate ,  :laugh: just take a gamble lol

In most of the friendlys i have seen over there Toff , they have used most of the players , so the fans have got to see everyone, in the squad, i hope you enjoy the game tomorrow mate but do me a favor , take a dirty big flag with you an write on it

ME NAN FU.CKING LOVES YOU XABI :laugh:

:laugh: , alright nanny but i bet there are plenty of other guirls here doing that , i've seen it wherever he's appeared . Rafa has said though that nando will get about 10 minutes playing time  :D
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games