Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:19 pm

It's like going to Mordor but I still think we'll win

3-1

:buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JC_81 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:20 pm

Not a big fan of Sunderland... a few years back I lived and worked there for a year, suffice to say it was the longest year of my life.  Nothing wrong with the people, just a really depressing place.  The only highlight was being at the SOL to see Torres score the winner for us on the opening day that season.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:14 pm

Not a big fan of Sunderland... a few years back I lived and worked there for a year, suffice to say it was the longest year of my life

Like I said  :D

woof woof ! » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:16 pm wrote:Colour photo of Sunderland taken this summer   :wwww

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:11 pm

We should thrash this lot but after today's results will we take advantage or revert to type......Great chance to be right up there after 6 games.

Got to say David Moyes reacted as if he had won a CL final when they scraped a 1-0 win against us in the league cup - today he looked like the pressures of the world were on him. Didn't hear the United supporters singing Moyseyside today - 12th fkg place - luv it !!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:28 pm

Fingers crossed Arsenal drop points at Swansea and if we do the business at Sunderland we're topping the table again  :buttrock

C'mon you Redmen, send out a statement.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:29 pm

Fingers crossed Arsenal drop points at Swansea and if we do the business at Sunderland we're topping the table again  :buttrock

C'mon you Redmen, send out a statement.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:38 pm

Should win this game to get back into form

Mignolet

Kelly
Skrtel
Toure
Enrique

Lucas
Gerrard
Henderson

Moses
Sturridge
Suarez

A comfortable 2 nil win
Benny The Noon

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:49 pm

Benny The Noon » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:38 pm wrote:Should win this game to get back into form

A comfortable 2 nil win

Agree we should win it Benny, but I'll take issue with anyone who predicts a "comfortable win" for us.

We haven't yet produced the authority to suggest that any probable/possible win for us will be "comfortable"

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Thinkpad » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:49 pm

WBA just beat ManU at The theater of Dreams (nightmare now)..
Seriously, Liverpool really need to pick up all the positives points from other teams that played well recently.
It is not hard really, just keep the players close together instead of having them very far apart.
Not too sure why we are playing like we did when Rafa was here. It doesn't work and it make Liverpool regress into something we are today.
Plague ball or poison ball style doesn't work. Attack as a team- team of three maybe do simple or complex one two and pass to a running attacker/players (the ball infront of him).
Must make sure the ball is passed infront of the players so he doesn't have to stop and turn back to get the ball.
Every game I see Liverpool players passed behind a running teammates. This rubbish gotta stop.

Stop playing with players waiting to receive the ball with their backs to the opposing goal.
Players must start running with the ball, instead of when-I-received-the-ball-I-must-stop-running and start looking around to get rid of the ball.
Run to create chances, to draw out defenders and get players to support him. Don't let him run by himself without support.
Draw defenders out by running and team mates position themselves to run and receive the ball.
Create options by having players close to the running man (with ball).

If we can't do these basic stuff, I think we will again struggle.
Maybe will win, but a hard fought one that may go either way.

Seriously not to sure why after a bright pre season, the team regress again to do exactly something that doesn't work.
It doesn't work then, it will not work now. Offense is the best defense, make other teams worry about their defense.
Your defense will then sort out itself.
Thinkpad

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:59 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:49 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:38 pm wrote:Should win this game to get back into form

A comfortable 2 nil win

Agree we should win it Benny, but I'll take issue with anyone who predicts a "comfortable win" for us.

We haven't yet produced the authority to suggest that any probable/possible win for us will be "comfortable"

We haven't you are right Woof but this is the worst team in the league and if we have ambitions to move forward to get into the top 4 this is the exact game we need to show those ambitions and put a marker down.

We have got results this season - now let's add performances to them
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:01 pm

Thinkpad » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:49 pm wrote:WBA just beat ManU at The theater of Dreams (nightmare now)..
Seriously, Liverpool really need to pick up all the positives points from other teams that played well recently.
It is not hard really, just keep the players close together instead of having them very far apart.
Not too sure why we are playing like we did when Rafa was here. It doesn't work and it make Liverpool regress into something we are today.
Plague ball or poison ball style doesn't work. Attack as a team- team of three maybe do simple or complex one two and pass to a running attacker/players (the ball infront of him).
Must make sure the ball is passed infront of the players so he doesn't have to stop and turn back to get the ball.
Every game I see Liverpool players passed behind a running teammates. This rubbish gotta stop.

Stop playing with players waiting to receive the ball with their backs to the opposing goal.
Players must start running with the ball, instead of when-I-received-the-ball-I-must-stop-running and start looking around to get rid of the ball.
Run to create chances, to draw out defenders and get players to support him. Don't let him run by himself without support.
Draw defenders out by running and team mates position themselves to run and receive the ball.
Create options by having players close to the running man (with ball).

If we can't do these basic stuff, I think we will again struggle.
Maybe will win, but a hard fought one that may go either way.

Seriously not to sure why after a bright pre season, the team regress again to do exactly something that doesn't work.
It doesn't work then, it will not work now. Offense is the best defense, make other teams worry about their defense.
Your defense will then sort out itself.

What we are playing right now is nothing like how Rafa had us playing.
Benny The Noon

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:06 pm

Benny The Noon » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:59 pm wrote: if we have ambitions to move forward to get into the top 4 this is the exact game we need to show those ambitions and put a marker down.

We have got results this season - now let's add performances to them

:nod

Can't argue with that.

A win is what we expect, but anything less than that will surely demand a hard look in the mirror at ourselves and our expectations.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby aCe' » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:13 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:49 pm wrote:

A comfortable 2 nil win

I predict a 'comfortable win'. 3-0 if we pick the right team. I'd go with this.

Mignolet

Wisdom
Toure
Sakho
Enrique

Moses
Henderson
Gerrard
Alberto

Suarez
Sturridge

Also wouldnt mind Henderson at right back with Lucas coming in for Wisdom.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:05 pm

1-1 written all over it from a "spirited" Sunderland side... They're due a win and we're playing some awful football at times this season.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:22 pm

aCe' » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:13 pm wrote:I predict a 'comfortable win'. 3-0 if we pick the right team. I'd go with this.

Mignolet

Wisdom
Toure
Sakho
Enrique

Moses
Henderson
Gerrard
Alberto

Suarez
Sturridge

Also wouldnt mind Henderson at right back with Lucas coming in for Wisdom.

Just in case your prediction is way off and as in this instance it perhaps proves not to be "comfortable", it's always a good idea to insert a "get out" clause in your post, as superbly demonstrated here by aCe.

:D

I just hope he's right
:lookaround

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games