Liverpool v Sunderland January 2, 2013

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby fivecups » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:53 pm

heimdall » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:46 pm wrote:
ethanr » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:42 pm wrote:Must say our entire attacking side looked great.  Hendo, Suarez, Stevie stood out, and thought Johnson was fantastic again.  Allen came on, and that's the first time We've had Stevie deep and Allen attacking and have it work.  Would be great if we could keep that going. 

Stevie is the top assister in the league now, and Suarez only 1 behind RVP with goals.

Stevie had a good game, but there are so many little errors creeping into his game, it has cost us before this season and will cost us again, not sure whether its age or just lack of focus but he needs to sort it out and get back to his best otherwise we need to find a replacement.

He ran the game today, everyone was passing to him to make our plays. His passing today was world-class. He is one of our two best players at present so I think we'll hang onto him Heimdall !??
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:53 pm

f*ck.  Guess I have to start the next match thread after a performance like that don't I?
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:55 pm

The Good Yank » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:53 pm wrote:f*ck.  Guess I have to start the next match thread after a performance like that don't I?

Absolutely dude - how are you by the way??
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:08 pm

Brilliant on a number of levels. Two wins in a row. A great goal for Sterling. Good performances from Hendo, Gerrard and Downing, all players who've struggled this season. Allen came on and played like he was enjoying himself. Another good run out for Wisdom after a tough couple of last games for him. Carra reaches a milestone. Suarez just keeps the roll going. All positives tonight.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:14 pm

A nice win against United wouldn't go a miss next weekend.
Boxscarf

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:38 pm

The Good Yank » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:53 pm wrote:f*ck.  Guess I have to start the next match thread after a performance like that don't I?

If you start the next Premier League match thread and we win then you'll have to do it for at least the rest of this season :D
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:50 pm

that was much more like it, the likes of gerrard and reina have turned back the clock in the last 2 games and i thought johnson, hendo and downing played really well too.
another two tonight for suarez and a brilliant assist as well, god knows how many goals he`s scored already, he cant be far off 20 in all competitions and we are only halfway through the season.
hopefully if we can put a few past mansfield at the weekend that will give us even more confidence and momentum going into the united game.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:59 am

another good night all in all. suarez unplayable. gerrard imperious. henderson, downing and johnson all excellent.

onwards and upwards.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:06 am

Great result, winning at end 2012and at  start 2013

Very pleasing that some of big money signings that didnt look to have a future not so long ago are beginning to shine

Future is red and bright

Oh  and for those guys who seemed somewhat obsessed by us losing to Villa who then got walloped by Chelsea
Can they explain the QPR factor in that permutation  :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dundreamin » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:58 am

That's the best we have played since we battered Fulham away 5-1 under kenny
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby Boocity » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:54 am

Great win, Are Fulham, QPR and Sunderland that bad or do we make teams look bad when we play well. After us thrashing QPR away, they've just beaten Chelsea away.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:12 am

A fantastic and comprehensive win tonight! A great start to the new year!

Henderson was very good, Downing was good to but faded second half. Gerrard very good. Suarez excellent as well as world class (as usual). Sterling was good too.

I just hope with the arrival of Sturridge that it doesn't effect King Luis's game too much, he seems to thrive on the burden.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:05 pm

A good performance against United will prove to everybody that things are improving. Brilliant performance last night. Good to see the in form Enrique was not overly missed.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:25 pm

Kenny Kan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:12 am wrote:A fantastic and comprehensive win tonight! A great start to the new year!

Henderson was very good, Downing was good to but faded second half. Gerrard very good. Suarez excellent as well as world class (as usual). Sterling was good too.

I just hope with the arrival of Sturridge that it doesn't effect King Luis's game too much, he seems to thrive on the burden.

It'll be interesting how Rodgers plays them together. I have a feeling he will put Sturridge into the left forward of the three, replacing Downing.

I originally thought he would put Suarez in the hole and play Sturridge as the front man. I'm having doubt about whether he'll do that initially as the midfield of trio including Henderson, Lucas and Gerrard seems to be working well.

Either way I'm sure Rodgers will experiment against Mansfield.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games