FIORIENTINA VS LIVERPOOL - Champions league, tuesday 29th sept 2009

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:06 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:I was really disapointed with Skrtel (again).  I have never understood why so may on here think he is a great defender??

I have never been more disapointed with any player playing in a Liverpool shirt than him last night, in the second half when he came out to tackle a player who skipped past him and made him look like a school girl and he couldnt even be @rsed to chase back and try and redeem himself.  It was an absolute disgrace!

If we're gonna talk about defenders being "skipped" past Ola, look no further than Insua, don't think I've seen a Liverpool left back repeatedly skinned and roasted as much as was Insua last night.

you seen Dossena play recently?
JoeTerp

Postby bigmick » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:22 pm

Scottbot wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:-----------------

So

Reina

Johnson     Carra    Skrtel    Aurelio/Insua

Babel         Gerrard   Lucas    Reira

Kuyt

Torres

???

Was just about to post up the same team! rafa doesn't have much choice but to play the skipper in the middle again

Ah but there is always an "option" or a "possibility" to do something else Scott, you should have known better mate, as should we all  :;): .
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:32 pm

algymoon wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:terrible team selection tonight by rafa, i mean really bewildering. I mean Lucas is terrible as it is let alone with a left back playing alongside him! couldnt get my head round that one at all, especially  considering that aurelio has just come back from a bad injury. Should of had Gerrard in the centre with benayoun behind Torres with Riera on the left, as far as i know he wasnt suffering from any injurys.

I have somehow expected this bad performance in relative to the Rafa’s negative team selection, as for two useless Lucas and Aurelio, for which the latter one is not near central midfield player!, and the worst player on that pitch was Skrtel, there is nothing to shout about this clumsy below bar defender, his performances since he joined LFC had been a total shambles, he had costs the team many goals due to his wake displays.

I do not have high hope for Sunday game, once again Rafa will select another negative team for another hammering. Rafa has lost the plot again and as always!

What a complete load of f*cking sh*te.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:40 am

Emerald Red wrote:
algymoon wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:terrible team selection tonight by rafa, i mean really bewildering. I mean Lucas is terrible as it is let alone with a left back playing alongside him! couldnt get my head round that one at all, especially  considering that aurelio has just come back from a bad injury. Should of had Gerrard in the centre with benayoun behind Torres with Riera on the left, as far as i know he wasnt suffering from any injurys.

I have somehow expected this bad performance in relative to the Rafa’s negative team selection, as for two useless Lucas and Aurelio, for which the latter one is not near central midfield player!, and the worst player on that pitch was Skrtel, there is nothing to shout about this clumsy below bar defender, his performances since he joined LFC had been a total shambles, he had costs the team many goals due to his wake displays.

I do not have high hope for Sunday game, once again Rafa will select another negative team for another hammering. Rafa has lost the plot again and as always!

What a complete load of f*cking sh*te.

Haha, I hope nobody's falling for it.  These guys tend to turn up every time we have a bad game.  They disappear as soon as we start winning games again.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby bigmick » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:37 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:Haha, I hope nobody's falling for it.  These guys tend to turn up every time we have a bad game.

They do mate you're right. You get the "end of the World is nigh" merchants saying we'll never win another match, and you get the blanket throwers saying that a draw at home to Hull/defeat at home to Barnsley is actually a good result and they "don't fecking believe this place".

The blanket throwers are by far the more entertaining. The funny thing is with them, when they are subsequently proven to talking utter b0ll0cks they don't mention it again :laugh:. So if you say "you know what, all these fecking draws are going to cost us dear" in November you get slaughtered, called all the "clueless c...s" under the sun, as the title "isn't won in Novemeber FFS". Then when the draws actually end up costing us the title, they never mention it again :D. Similarly, if you moan in pre season that we don't look wound up enough, you're a "clueless c..." because "it's only pre-season FFS". Then, when we fall out of the blocks and lose two out our first three matches, they don't mention it again :laugh:.

Blanket throwers are the best value, no doubt about it.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:13 am

The noise was loud, the flares atmospheric, but the attitude attached to the celebrations was not in the least confrontational. Throat slicing gestures and invitations to engage in sexual encounters with one’s immediate family usually accompany such a reaction from Italian fans.

On close inspection the only supporter I saw illustrating a loathing of Liverpool was immediately, forcibly and publicly humiliated by a commanding ultra in the most notable case of self-policing I have ever seen at a football match. The away end just stood and stared in disbelief. No interpretation was required.

With an ostracized American ownership and a growing marginalisation of local support dampening the Anfield mood, increasingly the working class subcultural rump of Liverpool supporters nostalgically wish for the return of a participatory democracy, where fans sensed an ownership or belonging to the club.

Conversely Italian ultras continue to demonstrate their influence over their own clubs and those who follow them. The most compelling evidence to substantiate this argument last night presented itself immediately after the players had vacated the Florentine turf following the conclusion of a disappointing night for Liverpool.

In an act that would have earned a lifetime stadium ban in England, a huge banner was unveiled at the far end of the ground. Not content at its initial position dominating an entire row of advertisement boards, the ultras holding the banner then proceeded to ignore the ‘advice’ of the stewards and march onto the pitch.

They stopped only when they reached the Liverpool supporters, where they took an almost regal bow and received a bemused applause by an away end clearly adopting a variety of interpretations of the text. The ultras then presented the banner to a Kopite. It read: ‘WELCOME REDS - YOUR STORY IS FOR US A LEGEND’.

The ritual exchange of pleasantries that follows most European ties Liverpool are involved with, singing one another’s team names in a regular show of sportsmanship rarely exposed by journalists, is something I am usually the first to join in with.

But with La Viola I was far less enthusiastic, given their rigid and bitter representation of Scouse footballing culture. Using the Scouse trademarks of songs and banners to do it only served to heighten my sense of disapproval.

Liverpool’s collection of both are among the most famous in world football, and yet during a strange night in Florence, among the catalogue of carefully considered and crafted Liverpool banners on show, the winner has to be: ‘YER MA’. Only a Scouser could represent the collective attitude towards Fiorentina and get a laugh at the same time, using only five letters. Sound.

http://soccerphile.blogspot.com/2009....od.html
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:31 pm

Nicely put bigmick, and all too true. Sadly the only thing that will results from your words are a lot of laughs :laugh: (ie nothing will change)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:06 pm

poor result, but i do feel we will beat them on the return and still qualify
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games