STOKE CITY VS LIVERPOOL - 10 september 2011, ko: 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:59 pm

worcester_red wrote:I'm a bit confused why people say Carrol is in poor form, he won't improve until he gets more game time, I still think he will prove to be a great signing for us.
As for the match I think it will be tight but I fancy us to win it.

I just think the team is playing better without him and the 3 points are more important than Carroll. 

Id give him minutes as a sub and in the cups... if he performs well then he'll have a better chance of getting into the first team. 

But for now at least, id stick to whats earning us points.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:54 am

I just think the team is playing better without him and the 3 points are more important than Carroll.

Nail. Head. Bang on.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:41 am

Roger Red Hat wrote:you moan about Henderson then put Spearing in the starting XI? Spearing is not good enough either.

he's better than you're giving him credit for mate. he proved a lot of people wrong last season and more trhan proved that he's a valuable squad member. i'd rather have a local kid on low wages around the squad than watsers such as poulsen anyday of the week.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:09 pm

stmichael wrote:
Roger Red Hat wrote:you moan about Henderson then put Spearing in the starting XI? Spearing is not good enough either.

he's better than you're giving him credit for mate. he proved a lot of people wrong last season and more trhan proved that he's a valuable squad member. i'd rather have a local kid on low wages around the squad than watsers such as poulsen anyday of the week.

i agree, poulson is sh!te. but i'd put hendo in the first team way before spearing
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:45 pm

If Liverpool could win at Stoke ,and win convincingly ,it would scare the rest of the Premiership to death .
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:39 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:If Liverpool could win at Stoke ,and win convincingly ,it would scare the rest of the Premiership to death .

:nod

If we get positive results against Stoke and Tottenham then it proves our quality
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:45 pm

thank fook the international break is over and we can get back to business.
tough tough place for us to go and get the 3 points but this year im confident we can do it.
2.1 suarez and downing.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:05 am

My concern is the standard long throw approach Stoke will use. Normally it is very effective, with a 6' 7'' striker in Crouch - it becomes potentially lethal.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:42 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:My concern is the standard long throw approach Stoke will use. Normally it is very effective, with a 6' 7'' striker in Crouch - it becomes potentially lethal.

well it wont be Ariel threat mate, my granny can head a ball better than crouch, he is quite sh!te in the air for a 6' 32" striker
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:51 am

Roger Red Hat wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:My concern is the standard long throw approach Stoke will use. Normally it is very effective, with a 6' 7'' striker in Crouch - it becomes potentially lethal.

well it wont be Ariel threat mate, my granny can head a ball better than crouch, he is quite sh!te in the air for a 6' 32" striker

:laugh:

True. Crouch was never given neck muscles by God.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:04 pm

Kenny Dalglish is relieved to have escaped the international break without any fresh injury concerns and the Liverpool boss thinks Steven Gerrard's return is not too far away.

The Anfield boss suffered a scare when Charlie Adam limped out of Scotland's Euro 2012 qualifier against Czech Republic with to a hip injury before being ruled out of the win over Lithuania.

But the midfielder's omission was only a precaution and Dalglish has applauded the judgement of Scotland boss Craig Levein in releasing the former Blackpool midfielder.

Adam should now be available for Liverpool's trip to Stoke on Saturday, much to the delight of Dalglish, who has also confirmed Glen Johnson has returned to full training after a thigh problem.

"He deserves a break from injuries and he'll be welcomed back with open arms."
Kenny Dalglish on Steven Gerrard
Quotes of the week
As an added bonus for Dalglish, captain Gerrard is moving ever closer to making a full recovery from the groin surgery which has left him unavailable for club or country since March.

Fortunate

Dalglish told his pre-Stoke press conference: "I think we've been pretty fortunate. There doesn't appear to have been anybody come back (from international duty) with any injuries.

"Glen Johnson is training alongside us again now, and Steven is getting closer everyday, so everything on the injury front seems to be pretty positive for us at the moment.

"Charlie should be alright for the game. I think it was right what Craig Levein (Scotland manager) did in not play him on Tuesday.

"To get him back was commendable of Craig Levein."

There have been questions about Gerrard's long-term future due to the length of his injury, which reoccurred when an initial groin problem became infected following an operation.

Fantastic boost

But Dalglish, who has guided Liverpool to third in the Premier League after an solid start to the season, thinks the England international's return will be a 'fantastic boost'.

The Liverpool boss said of Gerrard: "He's not far away.

"When Steven is ready to come back it will be a fantastic boost for everybody. The transfer window is shut, so for us it will be a real bonus because it will be like a new player coming back.

"As he said himself in an interview on Saturday, everything feels really strong, fresh and he's happy with where he's got to and what he's done - and we're delighted for him.

"He deserves a break from injuries and he'll be welcomed back with open arms.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:10 pm

Roger Red Hat wrote:

His aerial threat in terms of goals may not be prolific but he only has to win the header in the first place to create subsequent assist opportunities.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:03 pm

I would love to see us comfortably win but Stoke have an excellent home record.

Last season the only top 4 side to beat them was Man U (2-1), Chelsea and Man City drew 1-1, Arsenal lost 3-1.

Our 2-0 defeat can't really be compared this season as the squad is so different. Regardless the game will be very tough, IF we can win it will be a marginal 1-0 or 2-1 victory. My betting slip will be a 2-1 Liverpool win.
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:19 am

Stoke play simple, sh!t football, it's a game we should win, and will win, 1-3 to us. I know they had some good results last season, but I put that down to the cotton wool wrapped players in the top teams bottling  it due to the atmosphere, our current team seems a little tougher.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:30 am

Have a read of this analysis from last season and for tomorrow's fixture: Good read.

http://www.eplindex.com/liverpool-stoke-acid-test/

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games