LIVERPOOL 2 vs Southampton 1 - Sun 17 August 2014 KO 1:30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:40 am

Image VS Image

Here we go again fellas! The first game of the season is upon us and we've made some signings! I mean we've no idea what team Southampton are gonna line up with as we have most of their team from last season at Anfield now!

Let's get off to a flyer lads! I think Sterling is gonna make that step from outstanding last season to World Class this season. I've got high hopes for our new defense to tighten up and protect Mignolet a little more.

LFC 3 - 0 Saints (Sturridge 2, Sterling)

come on you reds!
Last edited by leeroy74 on Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:28 am

Rock and roll time

Seems like ages since the last season

Hopefully the new boys will remember whose side they are on and we give them a walloping

4-0
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:35 am

This is a bit of a strange one with these losing so many players.
You would hope they will be totally disjointed but we have no idea at this stage how good their new lads will be.

Having said that at home last season (apart from conincidentally against these) we where outstanding and often blew teams away in the first half.
I expect us to try and start fast as we did against Dortmund and do think we should have too much.
I think we will play the same 11 that played last Sunday and hope Coutinho Sterling and Sturridge play as the did last week.

If they do we could really start well and put a marker down for the season.
Hopefully Markovic is fit enough to get some minutes in the second half as a sub as well.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:12 am

The performance against Dortmund was a real tonic, if we perform to that level against a Southampton side who's players are surely still learning each others names we should come away with a comfortable 3-0 win.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:08 pm

we should see this one out comfortably  :nod

mingy

johnson            skrtel     lovren         moreno

gerrard          hendo

sterling              coutinho             markovich if fit.

sturridge
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:16 pm

Don't see him throwing Moreno straight in from the start. The only area of debate is the fullbacks. The rest of the side virtually picks itself.

3-0 to us.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ethanr » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:31 pm

stmichael » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:16 am wrote:Don't see him throwing Moreno straight in from the start. The only area of debate is the fullbacks. The rest of the side virtually picks itself.

3-0 to us.

Was he the one that threw Enrique in a day or so after he completed his transfer, or was that before Rogers' time?
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby C-R » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:55 pm

Flanagan, Lallana, Markovic and Agger all miss the game through injury.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:35 pm

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:00 pm

We should be winning this one. Don't think we'll see Moreno. I expect the same line-up as against Dortmund. I hope we'll see Enrique instead of Johnson but that won't happen.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:33 pm

Agger, Flanagan and Assaidi are still injured and Moreno wasn’t registered in time. Markovic and Lallana have started running again but haven’t done any ball work so won’t be considered.

I think we’ll play the same players and system as we did against Borussia Dortmund with Coutinho in the middle with Henderson on the right. Can seemed to struggle (think he might be carrying an injury) so I’d expect either Allen or Lucus to come in for him.

I think we’ll see something like this:

Mignolet

Manquillo     Skrtel     Lovren     Johnson

Allen     Gerrard
                        Coutinho

Henderson                       Sterling
                         Sturridge

Subs: Lambert, Ibe, Suso, Can/Lucus, Enrique, Sakho, Jones
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:03 am

ethanr » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:31 pm wrote:
stmichael » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:16 am wrote:Don't see him throwing Moreno straight in from the start. The only area of debate is the fullbacks. The rest of the side virtually picks itself.

3-0 to us.

Was he the one that threw Enrique in a day or so after he completed his transfer, or was that before Rogers' time?

before rodgers ethanr, summer 2011 is when he came in.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:46 am

red till i die!! » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:08 am wrote:we should see this one out comfortably  :nod

mingy

johnson            skrtel     lovren         moreno

gerrard          hendo

sterling              coutinho             markovich if fit.

sturridge

How soul crushing it must be watching most of your team from last season swapping teams to the enemy. we only experience that every couple of years with 1 player but to have almost all of your first 11 go in one hit must be hard to take.

Poor *****.... 2-1 to us, i feel bad give em at least a goal to cheer them up (no more than that!  :eyebrow  )
killerp

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:50 am

It seems ridiculous to say this about the first game of the season but IMO this one is pretty much a 'must win'. With 2 consecutive away games at Man City and Spurs on the horizon what we don't want (even this early) is a scenario where our rivals manage to open up a 6+ point lead on us.
I think one of the reasons we had such a great campaign last year was that we got off to a flyer which allowed us to stay right in the mix even when we did have the odd blip. When you are 6 points behind your rivals you are playing with a hell of a lot of pressure on your shoulders because another slip and that 6 quickly turns into 9 and so on and so forth.
Conversely if we are right at the top even with a tough fixture list it puts all that pressure back onto the shoulders of our rivals.
The press and the bookies have pretty much written us off, let's show them that this club is LFC not Luis Suarez FC.
Same team as last weekend please Brendan and a similar result will do.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:26 pm

Our first win this season the Scum just lost :)
only me
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games