Manchester united v LIVERPOOL

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:53 pm

Just realised, after the commentator mentioned it, that we haven't won against any of the top 10 teams.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kartiek » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:54 pm

mart » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:51 pm wrote:
alwayslfc » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:44 pm wrote:I wonder why Sterling and Suso's form have dipped since signing their long term contracts. Allen's form has dipped as well of late and should be sidelined. Managers have a curious tendency to justify their signings by playing them week in week out even though they are sh'it like BR insisting on playing Allen every week and last season Dalglish on playing Henderson and Downing.

Sterlings form have dipped after the first few matches this season when he was still relatively unknown to the opposing teams. He isnt ready to play every week, and probably should not start the big matches.

I agree, and I think the lad's a bit tired really - seems to have lost a lot of his pace and for some reason upper body strength as well.
kartiek

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:54 pm

i think united were there for the taking, look at their team today, this wasnt like when you`d look at their team sheet and see the likes of keane, scholes, cantona, ronaldo, giggs etc lining up against us, so why did we line up so negatively?
are we scared of tom cleverly, michael carrick and ashley young now ffs?
rodgers threw that game away the moment he handed in the teamsheet.
if he would have started with hendo instead of allen and sturridge instead of sterling i`m convinced we`d all be celebrating a win now.
sterling needs to hit the gym, he loses possession or ends up on the floor 80% of the time he gets the ball and allen is nowhere near creative enough to play further forward.
whenever we play lucas and allen in the same midfield we lack creativity and support for the strikers. please brendan play one or the other, not both of them.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kartiek » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:55 pm

damjan193 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:53 pm wrote:Just realised, after the commentator mentioned it, that we haven't won against any of the top 10 teams.

That's a fact, but it is very harsh as well. If you look at Everton - that was definitely a win for us, or Man City earlier in the season where we should have won. But yeah, that is indeed a telling stat.
kartiek

Postby alwayslfc » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:55 pm

Exactly, this underlines my point that unworthy FSG is too stingy to invest. How can a big club like Liverpool be playing 3 to 4 teenagers? Have you seen any of the top 4 sides fielding as many teenagers as us? It is FSG's fault in their reluctance to invest heavily and we now have a thin squad and have to rely on kids for S.O.S.

FSG Get Out!!!!
alwayslfc

Postby Boocity » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:56 pm

With Borini back and Sturridge here I think he needs to rest Sterling for a bit,  also Hendo deserves his place ahead of Allen who needs some time on the sidelines to get his head together.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kartiek » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:56 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:54 pm wrote:i think united were there for the taking, look at their team today, this wasnt like when you`d look at their team sheet and see the likes of keane, scholes, cantona, ronaldo, giggs etc lining up against us, so why did we line up so negatively?
are we scared of tom cleverly, michael carrick and ashley young now ffs?
rodgers threw that game away the moment he handed in the teamsheet.
if he would have started with hendo instead of allen and sturridge instead of sterling i`m convinced we`d all be celebrating a win now.
sterling needs to hit the gym, he loses possession or ends up on the floor 80% of the time he gets the ball and allen is nowhere near creative enough to play further forward.
whenever we play lucas and allen in the same midfield we lack creativity and support for the strikers. please brendan play one or the other, not both of them.

agree 100%
kartiek

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:57 pm

Indiviudally, Allen & Lucas were woeful.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:59 pm

kartiek » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:55 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:53 pm wrote:Just realised, after the commentator mentioned it, that we haven't won against any of the top 10 teams.

That's a fact, but it is very harsh as well. If you look at Everton - that was definitely a win for us, or Man City earlier in the season where we should have won. But yeah, that is indeed a telling stat.

Not long ago it was the other way round, we could beat all the teams at the top then lose to the so called small clubs
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:59 pm

Boocity » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:56 pm wrote:With Borini back and Sturridge here I think he needs to rest Sterling for a bit,  also Hendo deserves his place ahead of Allen who needs some time on the sidelines to get his head together.

Agreed
Collectively, there was no excuse for not showing up in the first half.
Their second goal was a lapse from Johnson, total farce that he allowed that poxbottle Evra to escape from him.
Pity Sturridge missed the sitter towards the end of the game, maybe he needs a bit of match practice, but his alertness for his goal is encouraging.
Can't help but think if we had an Alonso in his prime, or another proper playmaker who could put a ball on a sixpence for Suarez or others, we might have stolen a point from that game. But it would've been just that - a steal.
On our first half performance, we were woeful and couldn't have expected any more
Last edited by bunglemark2 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:01 pm

I think the biggest mistake was starting with Allan.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:02 pm

alwayslfc » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:55 pm wrote:Exactly, this underlines my point that unworthy FSG is too stingy to invest. How can a big club like Liverpool be playing 3 to 4 teenagers? Have you seen any of the top 4 sides fielding as many teenagers as us? It is FSG's fault in their reluctance to invest heavily and we now have a thin squad and have to rely on kids for S.O.S.

FSG Get Out!!!!

Over the last few seasons the only clubs in the league with a bigger net spending than us are Chelsea and ManCity.
Its time to stop whining over the lack of money spent, as that is clearly not the problem.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:04 pm

Good point, often forgotten. But unless Borini suddenly starts bangin' them in, and Allen loses the frightened deer mentality, it'll surely look like Rodgers is simply continuing this dodgy pattern...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby devaney » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:05 pm

Awful first half against a not great United. Rodger's seriously messed up his teams election. Sterling shouldn't be expected to produce miracles in games like this. Why the fk do we spend £12m on Sturridge if we don't use him from the start. Ok maybe he isn't fully fit but he did enough against Mansfield to show how useful he can be. Bringing him on when we are 2-0 down is not really too clever. Start him and take him off when we're winning would be my preferred choice. Should Allen have started? Not for me as he has been very poor to average over his last six to eight games.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:05 pm

damjan193 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:01 pm wrote:I think the biggest mistake was starting with Allan.

:no

The biggest mistake was not starting with Sturridge, in terms of just application and desire with the exception of Suarez he was head and shoulders above the rest of the team.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games