Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:31 pm

meh.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby sgs » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:31 pm

Very dissapointing. So much the 2HF fight back is not enough for me...Not by any stretch advocating Rogers' sack but he is simply not up to scratch...He talks a far more good game than he actually delivers...and to go to OT playing scared is frankly nuseating!
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:32 pm

Reg » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:31 pm wrote:
sgs » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:29 pm wrote:Hope am wrong but I doubt very much that Rogers is the man to get us there...IMO his best contribution will be to lay the foundation...

He's not the finished article, he'll develop with the team.

Totally. This time next season we'll be no comparison to the team we are today.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:33 pm

For too long now, when our lads turn up at castle greyskull they turn into shrinking violets (IMO), scared to get among it, as though they're intimidated by home support.   

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby sgs » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:34 pm

sgs » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:29 pm wrote:Hope am wrong but I doubt very much that Rogers is the man to get us there...IMO his best contribution will be to lay the foundation...

I doubt that very much...I think in the end we might have to rach to a higher level manager to get over the hump...
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby Mikz » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:34 pm

Very disappointed , just looked like men against boys and our passing was .... well it just wasnt . We look so predictable its getting boring .
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:35 pm

Second half display restored some pride but I have to ask why the fk didn't we start with Sturridge ? If the issue was fitness level we could have subbed him later in the game. Bringing him on when were already 2-0 down was far too late.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:36 pm

Johnson should file a complaint has been molested multiple times today.

Guess the best we can take from this game is Fergi checking his watch nervously.

This team is missing one last piece and that is a creative MF which can provide those smart passes.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:41 pm

I don't blame Rodgers. I blame the team - especially for first half performances like that.

Also, it's not worth going 2 goals down, then whacking your balls on the counter to show people what you've got and how big they suddenly are. Grow em and show from the first f.ucking whistle!  :no

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby alwayslfc » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:44 pm

I wonder why Sterling and Suso's form have dipped since signing their long term contracts. Allen's form has dipped as well of late and should be sidelined. Managers have a curious tendency to justify their signings by playing them week in week out even though they are sh'it like BR insisting on playing Allen every week and last season Dalglish on playing Henderson and Downing.
alwayslfc

Postby only me » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:45 pm

alwayslfc » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:44 pm wrote:I wonder why Sterling and Suso's form have dipped since signing their long term contracts. Allen's form has dipped as well of late and should be sidelined. Managers have a curious tendency to justify their signings by playing them week in week out even though they are sh'it like BR insisting on playing Allen every week and last season Dalglish on playing Henderson and Downing.

Fair comment although I think it has less to do with their contract and more to the fact they are still small teens playing a very aggressive league.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby sgs » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:48 pm

I think u miss the point. We were setup in a manner that left us cautious in the 1HF and never asked real questions of them in MF, in spite of advantages we had in CM..

My thing is, if u are going to be cautious ten go all the way and setup for a counterattcking game, drop the wide players and play with a double pivot in CM.

In the end we only reacted after the game was lost. Same as in the Spurs game...

I take no positives from the 2HF. I've seen that movie befoe and this is just a re-run...
sgs

Postby stmichael » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:48 pm

all in all, the game told us nothing new really. we still lack characters and leadership.

almost a carbon copy of the fa cup final last season.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:48 pm

sgs » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:34 pm wrote:

I doubt that very much...I think in the end we might have to rach to a higher level manager to get over the hump...

Well I'm not gonna call for the managers head after losing at Old Twatford it's not the forst time we've lost there. We could deffo have got something out of this game but in terms of team selection his performance was reflected in the teams first half display, uninspired and not good enough. If only he'd had the confidence to field a team to go for it from the off it could have been a different story.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby mart » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:51 pm

alwayslfc » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:44 pm wrote:I wonder why Sterling and Suso's form have dipped since signing their long term contracts. Allen's form has dipped as well of late and should be sidelined. Managers have a curious tendency to justify their signings by playing them week in week out even though they are sh'it like BR insisting on playing Allen every week and last season Dalglish on playing Henderson and Downing.

Sterlings form have dipped after the first few matches this season when he was still relatively unknown to the opposing teams. He isnt ready to play every week, and probably should not start the big matches.
mart
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games