LYON VS LIVERPOOL - Wednesday 4th november

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby heimdall » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:19 pm

Redbilly1960 wrote:Just like the last game, and the one before that this is a massive game not just for the rest of our season but for our manager. A draw might be passable but that just makes the next CL game another massive one. Would love a game when it really does not matter what the outcome was.
We need Nando on Wednesday more than John needs Edward if he is unfit well i fear the worst, he gives the team such a boost even more so than Gerrard. Nando's exit on Saturday was the begining of the end.
I really want Rafa to pull us out of this mire, to be honest it is not all his fault injuries, form and just bad luck have not helped.
With Nando 0-3 (Torres, Bennie and Kuyt)
Without Nando 0-0

Why do you think our defence will be able to shut them out, is it blind faith here or do you guys really think we can win.

I don't meen to be negative here but I just can't see us winning, without Torres who the feck is going to get the goals, without Stevie who is going to drive us forward, without Agger or Skittles is the Greek going to turn into a defender, same goes for Insua, and if Johnson is out who plays RB? Mind you if Insua can score another goal like he did against Arsenal I wouldn't mind  :D

In conclusion I think we will get beaten by an embarassing margin, 4-0 to Lyon with at least one of our players sent off. I hope I'm wrong though.
heimdall

Postby Anfield's Finest » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:47 pm

God something is seriously wrong if we have to put all our faith into David Ngog for our crunch game against Lyon. Oh dear.

I have faith we will win in Lyon.
Anfield's Finest

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:21 pm

sometimes it's out of our hands, Ngog might be the only striker fit to play.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:32 pm

Some news on SSN now...Stevie and Kelly out, Riera too...
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:03 pm

Liverpool will be without inspirational captain Steven Gerrard for Wednesday's vital UEFA Champions League trip to Lyon, but Fernando Torres has travelled to France.

Benitez is hopeful £20million summer signing Alberto Aquilani will be able to feature after a virus, but Martin Skrtel is still sidelined with a muscle complaint.

He said: "Aquilani trained today (Monday) but was a little bit weak. Hopefully in two days' time he will be better.

"Skrtel has no chance. He has a small muscle problem. It's not too big but he is feeling something."

Meanwhile, Benitez will make late fitness calls on the recovering Daniel Agger (back), Glen Johnson (calf), Fabio Aurelio (calf) and David Ngog (ankle), none of whom travelled to Craven Cottage.

He said: "Agger is improving - he will travel and we will then decide. He felt something in his back but it's much better now. We have to wait and see how he reacts.

"Fabio is improving but he still has a small problem in his calf, so we will have to wait. Ngog is much better, so he could be available.
Fauxy

Postby Redbilly1960 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:08 pm

heimdall wrote:
Redbilly1960 wrote:Just like the last game, and the one before that this is a massive game not just for the rest of our season but for our manager. A draw might be passable but that just makes the next CL game another massive one. Would love a game when it really does not matter what the outcome was.
We need Nando on Wednesday more than John needs Edward if he is unfit well i fear the worst, he gives the team such a boost even more so than Gerrard. Nando's exit on Saturday was the begining of the end.
I really want Rafa to pull us out of this mire, to be honest it is not all his fault injuries, form and just bad luck have not helped.
With Nando 0-3 (Torres, Bennie and Kuyt)
Without Nando 0-0

Why do you think our defence will be able to shut them out, is it blind faith here or do you guys really think we can win.

I don't meen to be negative here but I just can't see us winning, without Torres who the feck is going to get the goals, without Stevie who is going to drive us forward, without Agger or Skittles is the Greek going to turn into a defender, same goes for Insua, and if Johnson is out who plays RB? Mind you if Insua can score another goal like he did against Arsenal I wouldn't mind  :D

In conclusion I think we will get beaten by an embarassing margin, 4-0 to Lyon with at least one of our players sent off. I hope I'm wrong though.

Well, I hope your wrong to. A 4-0 drubbing could certainly be the final nail. Rafa is a champions league manager and I just think he will pull it out the fire (again) sadly at the cost of the PL which I like most is desperate to win.
We will have a better idea Wednesday when the team is put up ONE THING IS FOR SURE THE NAME VORININ MUST NOT BE ON THE SHEET. If he is I am off to the cinema to watch Saw 6.
"I was only in the game for the love of football-and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool"
                                                                Bill Shankly
Justice for the 96
Redbilly1960

Postby tubby » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:17 pm

The PL is already gone, I would quite happily take another CL and 4th place this season. :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheLad » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:56 pm

bavlondon wrote:The PL is already gone, I would quite happily take another CL and 4th place this season. :D

I would take reaching the semis in the CL and 4th place. I really do. At least finish this season with some dignity.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:44 pm

either we'll win by a low margin or they'll murder us by 3 goals at least. i hope its the former. ngog to be the surprise star of the show. its not my gut feeling though but come on, who else do we have? :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby eonerf » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:13 pm

Johnson and Auerlio are now both comfirmed to be out injured for the match. This is a flipping nightmare :angry:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8338788.stm
eonerf

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:33 pm

the injury situation this season is a farce. :angry:

be interesting to see if carra plays right back. can't really see darby being risked in such a big game. whatever the case i'm not confident at all.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Fauxy » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:36 pm

This is not good.

Looks like its Babel on the left and Degen on the rb..

If I was Rafa I would start Aquilani in this one and play him behind Torres or Ngog. Yes he is unfit and has just recovered from a virus but we have to throw everything at this.
Fauxy

Postby JamCar05 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:08 pm

Full squad taken from the official side:

LYON LATEST: WHO'S IN AND OUT OF SQUAD?
James Carroll in Lyon 03 November 2009 
  Daniel Agger and Alberto Aquilani were included in the Liverpool squad that touched down in Lyon this afternoon - but Glen Johnson and Fabio Aurelio were both left behind on Merseyside. 
The Reds' 19-man squad landed at Lyon airport shortly after 1pm local time boosted by the presence of Agger and Aquilani, as well as David Ngog.

However, Johnson and Aurelio look set to miss Wednesday's crunch Champions League clash with Les Gones after failing to recover from calf injuries in time.

Youngsters Daniel Ayala, Stephen Darby, Jay Spearing and Damien Plessis have travelled to France.

Liverpool squad: Reina, Cavalieri, Carragher, Ayala, Darby, Insua, Agger, Kyrgiakos, Kuyt, Lucas, Benayoun, Aquilani, Babel, Mascherano, Spearing, Plessis, Ngog, Voronin, Torres.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N166316091103-1323.htm
JamCar05

Postby Rockthekop » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:11 pm

Degen didnt travel with the squad so it may be Darby at RB or dare I say Carra.

I think we'll set up something like this....

Reina

Darby Carra Agger Insua

Kuyt/Babel  Lucas  Mash  Benny

N'gog

Torres (Babel or Kuyt if non starter)

Subs:
Cavalieri, Ayala, Kyrgiakos, Plessis, Spearing, Voronin, Aquilani

What a bench, I bet Lyon are cacking themselves  :laugh:
Rockthekop

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:15 pm

Degen was not registered as part of the 25, he wont be involved in any group stage play
JoeTerp

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games