LIVERPOOL VS LYON - 19:45 tue 20th october cl group phase

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:32 am

king.macedon wrote:With no playmaker,no brain in the club,nothing!Defenders are not the players who should make the game,where are the midfielders??LIVERPOOL has no midfielders and no wingers,dont blame CARRA or anyone from the defenders,its not they'r blame,they can't do both.defending and be playmakers.

DO WE HAVE TO PRAY TO TORRES AND GERRARD TO WIN A MATCH???

Here, let me help you find the exit.

Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:56 am

Emerald Red wrote:
FearnlyFC wrote:I not so sure carra is the weak link.....he might look it cause he is always covering the other Defenders, and seem to be all over the Place...but he sees what we see....the formations benitez comes up with puts him under huge pressure as teh "Brains" of the defence, he needs the assistance of the midfield, and fellow defenders to produce evey time....and well with Lucas...giving the ball away, and the opponents counter attack..he does look a bit weak....if he was really the weakest link.......goals against would be higher, Feel his defenders must gice at least 40% of his passion and drive..and he would look like the STAR we all know he is.....Prehaps religate benitez to Towel or Ball boy, and have CARRA as Player/Coach ?.....

:D
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:00 am

It's funny how all these new posters come on here, tell us how :censored: we are and how useless Rafa is as a manager, but next time we win a game they're nowhere to be found.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby bigmick » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:27 am

Yes they jump on the doom and gloom bandwagon and it's absolutely not on. Some of us were still on it last season when we were challenging for the title. Where were they then when there was nobody to play table tennis with and rafa was being hailed as Shankly reincarnated? There's nothing worse than a fickle doomer and gloomer, you're either on the ship or you're not.

Now there's a few more prospective members I'm going to have to be a bit more stringent on the dress code and membership criteria I think.

I'm not putting together any more bunk beds though, feck that I've been done with that routine before. If we beat Man Utd they'll all feck off again and I'll be left with an empty ship and a catering pack of streaky bacon to get through.
Last edited by bigmick on Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:34 am

bigmick wrote:If we beat Man Utd they'll all feck off again and I'll be left with an empty ship and a catering pack of streaky bacon to get through.

:D  That cheered me up in the morning

lol
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:27 am

I had been trying to tell people that they were massively underrating how tough our group was

We were missing our 3 best players.  Plus important players like Riera and Aquilani (who better turn out to be an important player)

Kuyt's passing was shocking, but none of our passing was crisp. Although Aurelio had some good moments and both Insua and Kelly put in some decent crosses.

the team is in a rut.
JoeTerp

Postby Owzat » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:24 am

Madmax wrote:We are worse that sh*t at the moment... Im dreading the next match a 5 loss in a row will end us all in cardiac arrest.

Worst run I can find is six defeats in a row, in 1908/09, 1912/13 and 1947/48

Another poor performance, while JoeTerp may be right that we underestimated our group, I think that rather detracts from the fact we should still be beating Lyon at home. And it detracts from another poor performance, it is as much the performances as results that hurt.

We're scraping the barrel when we're having to start with Kelly, Lucas and N'Gog. What did N'Gog do to stay on the 90 minutes??!?!?! The only thing I can think is he gave Rafa a BJ before KO because it can't have been his impressive footballing display. We needed to win after three consecutive defeats, we needed a stronger starting XI than that and Rafa was once again incapable of changing the direction the game was going.

For those cumming in their pants over Glen Johnson, perhaps the £17.5m could have been spent on a decent Arbeloa standard FB (or kept Arbeloa) and spend the rest on finding better back-up to cover absences. People b*tch about the lack of funds, well newsflash people, we spent £38.5m on three players and last night none of them played and a bit more shrewd spending might have seen a better XI playing last night. I'm not saying Rafa should have bought players who would have been fit for last night, I mean he should have strengthened the squad not spent money on players like his budget was £385m not £38.5m. Extravagant spending of £17.5m on FBs and £20m on midfielders who may or not be fit let alone good enough, is the perrogative of clubs like Chelsea and Citeh who have the money. Yet Rafa has spent £17.5m+ on three players in two summers and our squad last night showed very weak indeed. You could throw in Dossena for £7m and Cavalieri for £3m, squad players that Rafa is not likely to use and there's another £10m that could have been spent on one or two back-up players.

Is the list of quality players longer than the list of players who aren't good enough? Do the Gerrards, Torres', Benayouns, Kuyts, Reinas etc outnumber the N'Gogs, Babels, Degens, Voronins, Lucas', Plessis'.................? Even if they do, it's worrying that the lists are of comparable length. How many Premiership teams, if any, the weaker players in our squad would get into is debatable, the worrying thing is they get into the our XI or squad
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:47 am

Owzat wrote:
Madmax wrote:We are worse that sh*t at the moment... Im dreading the next match a 5 loss in a row will end us all in cardiac arrest.

Another poor performance, while JoeTerp may be right that we underestimated our group, I think that rather detracts from the fact we should still be beating Lyon at home. And it detracts from another poor performance, it is as much the performances as results that hurt.

We're scraping the barrel when we're having to start with Kelly, Lucas and N'Gog. What did N'Gog do to stay on the 90 minutes??!?!?! The only thing I can think is he gave Rafa a BJ before KO because it can't have been his impressive footballing display. We needed to win after three consecutive defeats, we needed a stronger starting XI than that and Rafa was once again incapable of changing the direction the game was going.

For those cumming in their pants over Glen Johnson, perhaps the £17.5m could have been spent on a decent Arbeloa standard FB (or kept Arbeloa) and spend the rest on finding better back-up to cover absences. People b*tch about the lack of funds, well newsflash people, we spent £38.5m on three players and last night none of them played and a bit more shrewd spending might have seen a better XI playing last night. I'm not saying Rafa should have bought players who would have been fit for last night, I mean he should have strengthened the squad not spent money on players like his budget was £385m not £38.5m. Extravagant spending of £17.5m on FBs and £20m on midfielders who may or not be fit let alone good enough, is the perrogative of clubs like Chelsea and Citeh who have the money. Yet Rafa has spent £17.5m+ on three players in two summers and our squad last night showed very weak indeed. You could throw in Dossena for £7m and Cavalieri for £3m, squad players that Rafa is not likely to use and there's another £10m that could have been spent on one or two back-up players.

Is the list of quality players longer than the list of players who aren't good enough? Do the Gerrards, Torres', Benayouns, Kuyts, Reinas etc outnumber the N'Gogs, Babels, Degens, Voronins, Lucas', Plessis'.................? Even if they do, it's worrying that the lists are of comparable length. How many Premiership teams, if any, the weaker players in our squad would get into is debatable, the worrying thing is they get into the our XI or squad

Good points mate, and some there I made in other threads here last night.
You really FO have to question the logic in the signings made in recent seasons. I'm not a statto but the millions spent on Dossena, Lucas, Leto, Paletta, and others too numerous to mention surely are just down the drain at this stage. Even if a portion was recouped from the sale of Leto and Paletta, for example, hypothetically speaking, if another player or two had been signed of a higher calibre, players who actually added something to the team and became first teamers in their own right - all in all, good enough to wear the shirt - then we'd be a sight better off.
But they weren't good enough. Rafa got it wrong. So it's time, effort and money wasted, and quality-wise, football-wise and every other else-wise, we are worse off....
Poor, poor, poor choices time and time again...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby The_Rock » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:47 am

The only good thing about this match was the performance of martin kelly. He looked steady. We do have some quality players in the youth setup... Benitez should give them more chances instead of buying degen and sokratis...etc.

But then kelly gets injured.....

Not sure what type of team he is gonna put up against manure...
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:57 am

king.macedon wrote:With no playmaker,no brain in the club,nothing!Defenders are not the players who should make the game,where are the midfielders??LIVERPOOL has no midfielders and no wingers,dont blame CARRA or anyone from the defenders,its not they'r blame,they can't do both.defending and be playmakers.

hi petar

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sixbuster » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:42 am

it can only get better....roll on Sunday....I hope
Forever a red
sixbuster

Postby algymoon » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:28 pm

Owzat wrote:

I agree with your comments, however, you have said that Rafa should have a stronger starting XI for this game, and the pervious games alike, but who, Dosenna, Degen, Super star and match winner Voronin!!!. We must admit Rafa’s expensive and big squad is littered with below average players, whom they cannot even break in to most first team of a large number teams of the Championship clubs, even the likes of Lucas, Kuyt, Skrtel, Riera etc. all very average players, but they are not in eyes of this wired Rafa, who had spent a huge amount of money on useless players that he had labelled them as top stars,the likes of Nunez, Josemi, Leto, Paletta, Gonzales, Zenden, etc, no ending to a big list of money wasting!

This Rafa records over the past 5-6 seasons, whereas, he had bought very expensively and sold good talents very cheaply, the likes of Crouch, Keane, Sissoko, etc. His weird and complex style of play had achieved no sliver ware on regular basis, just some initial successes at his earlier stage, until his style had got found out by others managers, (just like Houlier) and he had been struggling ever since, he will never win the league, it is totally beyond him, even if he stays in charge for another 10 years. He has lost the plot long time ago, and he is the only one, who takes the blame fully for this shambles, and the club’s decline.
algymoon

Postby tonyeh » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:28 pm

sixbuster wrote:it can only get better....roll on Sunday....I hope

Well, actually, it could get much worse.

We will probably lose to Utd on Sunday and could possibly go and continue on our losing streak after that. It could see Benitez walking, or being pushed out the door and the club left in absolute crisis, with a team in disarray, no manager and owners who want to sell but can't.

So, it's far from "only getting better". We're in a bad patch at the moment, but we're far from rock bottom.
tonyeh

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:00 pm

andy_g wrote:

hi petar

:laugh: That nomark back again :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:39 pm

andy_g wrote:

hi petar

:laugh:
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games