arsenal v LIVERPOOL Sat 2nd november

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Boocity » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:47 am

kartiek » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:40 pm wrote:I was too upset to look at this forum or any football forum yesterday.

I have to say though, we had a number of chances that could have been converted and for all the extra possession that Arsenal had, the goals they got were against the run of play more or less.

I still think that we have a better front line of players and better defense than Arsenal. But our midfield and wide players are not up to scratch anymore.

I've always supported Gerrard, but it is clear to me finally that his lack of mobility has begun to hurt us. Henderson has great legs but his athleticism can't overshadow his ***** poor touch, his lack of supplying goals, and his inability to do anything out of the ordinary, ever. Lucas is OK, and can do it well against the poorer teams.

Our width is pathetic, however. I don't understand this 3-5-2. I don't think we should've sold Downing. Cissokho is the worst loan ever. Johnson is THE MOST OVERRATED full-back in the league by far. We should go back to a 4-3-3 with Agger and Toure back. We need to find a Gerrard successor in January and should start him only once every other week.

Its no good bashing Johnson, he wasn't playing  ???
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:04 pm

On the game in general they were the better side and deserved to win. They played around us in midfield frequently. However bizarrely we still had several chances which we fluffed. Suarez hit the post and put one wide when he should have passed to Sturridge. Henderson fluffed his lines. Sturridge had a couple of half chances. Oh and we had a goal disallowed.

Poor day at the office really but hardly worth going over the top about. A run of winnable games coming up now.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mkingdom » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:46 pm

We missed Johnson badly and Cissokho was very poor too.

Those two positions are crucial to our system, and we may have got away with it against lesser opposition and/or at home, not against the leaders.

Flanagan's limited ability to go past players meant he had little offer going forward and was not the outlet Johnson can be. Cissokho was just not very good.  I think these two positions adversely affected our midfield.

Having said that we could easily have drawn or won the game with the chances we had.  Not many teams will take points at the Emirates.  Not a disaster.
mkingdom

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games