Sunderland vs LIVERPOOL - Sat 10 Jan 2014 12:45 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Doeboy » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:23 pm

Can't believe it is still only 1-0. Game should have been put to bed. Combination of not taking chances, a tad unlucky and a Sh*t ref
Doeboy

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:41 pm

Not a good second half... but a win is a win and it's always good to win away...

Lovren can't pass at all, Sakho is miles better than him. Once Sturridge and Sterling comes back we will be stronger...

Everytime I watch Sunderland, I just can't understand why Adam Johnson would waste his talents there... Always wanted for us to sign him, but now that we have Lallana, I think Lallana is a slightly better player...
Last edited by maguskwt on Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:51 pm

Yes over.
Should have been sealed long ago but will take it.
Sahko and Coutinho superb today the rest worked very hard to close Sunderland ,Marco with some great moments ,Lucas very solid overall good team effort.

Thought Borini and Gerrard were wasteful and Lovern and Skertel hysterical.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:54 pm

I think Mignolet and Lovren can't play together, whenever Lovren passes back both of them look hysterical, and not in a funny way...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:55 pm

Good win that, we were away from home, missing players and the weather wasn't great but we still managed to come away with the 3 points.
A clean sheet helps our goals against column as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:35 pm

:oh:

*not a sound*

:oops:

*hears crickets*

All you whingers waiting for us to lose eh?  :sleepy:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:59 pm

A good win that should have been all over by half time, Markovich and Coutinho were the pick of our players I reckon but I am getting very impressed with Sakho as he's definitely our best defender at present.

I thought Mig had a strange game, couple of good catches and good punch but don't know what he was doing for AJ's shot and agree with the comment about Lovren, they just don't seem to be on the same wavelength. When DS, Sterling and Lallana are back BR is going to have a right headache picking the team.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:37 pm

Good 1st 45 mins from the team, as others have said should have been done and dusted by half time.

Slightly disappointed that we didn't improve upon our first half performance in the second half, particularly as within mins of the restart they went down to ten men.

Thought we lost a bit when Lazar moved inside as he'd been running riot when out wide.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Boocity » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:39 pm

maguskwt » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:35 pm wrote::oh:

*not a sound*

*hears crickets*

Give it a rest, there's such a thing as free speech you know, if we play the right team, play well and get the right result then praise where praise is due, if we lose,  or draw to the bottom club due to poor team selection or tactics then criticism will come. Not everyone is a sheep who follows no matter what, baa
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:11 pm

A decent result, but some issues that need dealing with. I.e, Borini and Mig....neither are good enough and I'm baffled as to why Mario is stuck on the bench.

However, on the upside, Sakho looks more composed in defence with Can and Markovic has the potential to be world class.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:34 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:11 pm wrote:A decent result, but some issues that need dealing with. I.e, Borini and Mig....neither are good enough and I'm baffled as to why Mario is stuck on the bench.

However, on the upside, Sakho looks more composed in defence with Can and Markovic has the potential to be world class.

Mario is stuck on the bench cause he doesn't fit the pressing game tactics deployed by BR ,he can't/won't run and press as any other. It's not about Borini ,which shouldn't be here ,it's about Mario ,which shouldn't be here as well.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:49 pm

the side should be built around the players we have.

If ibrahimovic somehow ended up here do you think he would be stuck on the bench ? He doesn't press

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:50 pm

Although we are still 8th we have closed the gap right up, West Ham are only a point ahead of us now and Arsenal and Spurs are only 2 points ahead themselves (Arsenal do have a game in hand though).
Considering the start we had (we were actually showing relegation form at one point) the manager and players deserve a lot of credit for turning things around and getting us back in contention for a CL place.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:04 am

Great result and happy for the clean sheet. Some good results from other games going our way as well. f*cking hell had we won against Leicester we would have been 5th  :angry: but at least we're moving in the right direction, the season is not beyond saving even though it looked that way a month or so ago.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:09 am

Boocity » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:39 am wrote:
maguskwt » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:35 pm wrote::oh:

*not a sound*

*hears crickets*

Give it a rest, there's such a thing as free speech you know, if we play the right team, play well and get the right result then praise where praise is due, if we lose,  or draw to the bottom club due to poor team selection or tactics then criticism will come. Not everyone is a sheep who follows no matter what, baa

What are you talking about Boo? We have to put up with frenzied posts and abusive rants for weeks on end and now Mags has made a correct observation and you're defending the ranters?  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games