LIVERPOOL vs STOKE CITY 18 March 2012, KO: 16:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby mart » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:49 pm

Get Carroll off and Kuyt on.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:49 pm

What a great ball from Carroll, Suarez should have done better there. I don't get it though, why does Carroll sometimes sit back when we're going forward when he's the one who we really need to be in the box (like this last chance we had, Suarez went forward with the support of Gerrard and Carroll stood back like he's a holding midfielder or something).
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:51 pm

andy_g wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:Anyone just hear Roy Keane on ITV?

Talking about Muamba, he says "bill shankly famously said football is more important than life or death, clearly it isn't"

What an absolute vile creature

am is missing something? what's wrong with that? football plainly isn't more important than life or death. if it was then the match wouldn't have been abandoned when muamba was hovering precariously between the two.

Let me explain for you lad.

When shankly made that famous quote he was impressing how important our players and the club consider the game to be. He was using hyperbole (look it up) to emphasise the point.

Of course he wasn't being literal. Roy Keane is suggesting he was to taint his name. Hope this clears things up.

FFS
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kartiek » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:52 pm

Carroll teaching Downing there how to cross the ball :P  OK, to be fair, Downing hasn't been in his preferred position this half but he's been really poor.

And isn't this a recurring theme now? We're really bad at corners, and I have to think that's really down to Pepe being very indecisive when it comes to corners. I knew so well that as soon as Stoke got the corner right after we had taken the lead, that they would score. I mean, this has happened far too many games now, we take the lead and then lose the lead after an opposition corner in the next 5-10 minutes.
kartiek

Postby kartiek » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:55 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
andy_g wrote:

Talking about Muamba, he says "bill shankly famously said football is more important than life or death, clearly it isn't"

am is missing something? what's wrong with that? football plainly isn't more important than life or death. if it was then the match wouldn't have been abandoned when muamba was hovering precariously between the two.

When shankly made that famous quote he was impressing how important our players and the club consider the game to be. He was using hyperbole (look it up) to emphasise the point.

Of course he wasn't being literal. Roy Keane is suggesting he was to taint his name. Hope this clears things up.

FFS

I agree SCS, it bodes really poorly on him as a human being to use that quote in such an inappropriate moment. Some people just don't have any perspective in life besides just thinking about competing, like crazy.
kartiek

Postby andy_g » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:58 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
andy_g wrote:

FFS

no need to fukkin patronise me,  SCS. you think keane was making a cheap shot at shankly, i think he was making a reasonable point. exactly the same as barnes did, like another poster pointed out.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:01 pm

Back to our usual self....You can't move the ball if the player lacks the ability to control it. Players failing in passing the simple short ball is plain embarresing. Kelly's and Spearing technical skills are so poor one must wonder what are they working on at the Academy. Scrappy ugly play all over the pitch ,team lacking purpose and balance.  :no
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:02 pm

Just saw a repeat of their goal, Carroll was in front of Crouch and running towards goal as the ball came in but just stopped and left crouch a clear header, he could easily have got to that ball first and headed it clear or out for a corner
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NorfolkRed » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:09 pm

Maxi having one of his 'is he on the pitch' games
NorfolkRed

Postby dawson99 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:10 pm

should have scored there Luis
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:11 pm

Should have scored there
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:12 pm

Get some ppl in the box ffs
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:13 pm

NorfolkRed wrote:Maxi having one of his 'is he on the pitch' games

He set up suarez for the goal.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby neil » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:14 pm

Why does spearing spend most of the game pointing?
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:14 pm

NorfolkRed wrote:Maxi having one of his 'is he on the pitch' games

He did make an assist though
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games