LIVERPOOL vs Chelsea - Sun 27 April 2014 - KO 2.05pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Madmax » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:44 pm

We have been on a awesome run and it was bound to come to an end soon.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:45 pm

I have nothing good to say or positive say about we still having a chance to win the prem. gutted right now.  :down:
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:47 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:20 pm wrote:
Santa » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:15 pm wrote:Some key players froze today...Cautinho was poor, Raheem didn't get into the game. Johnson was just ***** poor, Lucas was anonymous, Allen was so-so and Suarez was crowded out so there it goes. #WeGoAgain

I thought Joe Allen was the only midfielder who had a half decent game, the rest were very average, Gerrard let the mistake get to him and Lucas looked like he was going to get the ball nicked off him every time he had it.
As soon as I saw Gerrard and Lucas in the same line up I started to worry.

How many balls did Cautinho given away today? Sturridge & Aspas might as well didn't come on and we missed Henderson's energy. We did ran out of idea and Brendan is unashamedly without a plan B. I say we lost our composure and ran out of idea, something which Brendan and the team need to learn. Players need to know when how to break teams down. How many crosses has we put in today but there were no one in the box to attack it? Too many things gone wrong today but I'll still take this position where we are now compared to City so chin up guys...whine but no negativity please. We Go Again!!!
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:51 pm

Cautinho did his best today. we got found out by a wall of blue, no shame in that.
after the first 6mins I turned to a friend and said this is not looking good, it was clear that we was going to find it hard to get a shot on target.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:52 pm

Santa » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:47 pm wrote:
We did ran out of idea and Brendan is unashamedly without a plan B. I say we lost our composure and ran out of idea, something which Brendan and the team need to learn. Players need to know when how to break teams down.

:nod

A reality check .

Question for Brendan

You've been brilliant this season BUT when our "blitzkrieg" tactics don't work what do we do next ?     ???

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:52 pm

Santa » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:47 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:20 pm wrote:
Santa » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:15 pm wrote:Some key players froze today...Cautinho was poor, Raheem didn't get into the game. Johnson was just ***** poor, Lucas was anonymous, Allen was so-so and Suarez was crowded out so there it goes. #WeGoAgain

I thought Joe Allen was the only midfielder who had a half decent game, the rest were very average, Gerrard let the mistake get to him and Lucas looked like he was going to get the ball nicked off him every time he had it.
As soon as I saw Gerrard and Lucas in the same line up I started to worry.

How many balls did Cautinho given away today? Sturridge & Aspas might as well didn't come on and we missed Henderson's energy. We did ran out of idea and Brendan is unashamedly without a plan B. I say we lost our composure and ran out of idea, something which Brendan and the team need to learn. Players need to know when how to break teams down. How many crosses has we put in today but there were no one in the box to attack it? Too many things gone wrong today but I'll still take this position where we are now compared to City so chin up guys...whine but no negativity please. We Go Again!!!

Chelsea are not an easy side to break down, Athletico hardly put a dent in them either so it's a bit churlish to blame our strikers. That was one of those games that was either going to be decided by a set piece or a mistake and unfortunately for us it was one of our players that dropped the clanger.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:53 pm

Was pretty clear sturridge was no where near fit. He hardly had any touches at all.

We just need to beat palace 10-0 and newcastle 10-0

Easy :)

Chin up guys
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:53 pm

Reality of our teams limitations exposed today. Nothing worked well in attack, midfield struggled but surprisingly defenders did ok and goals were not their fault....

Chelsea knew exactly how to break our machine and they did it with a second string.

if city drop points we still can dream but this defeat will be hard to bounce back from.
killerp

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:54 pm

City are 2-0 up, their goal difference is 8 better than ours now.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:57 pm

Absolutely gutted after that.

People will say credit to Chelsea but I certainly won't.  For the manager who brandished West Ham a '19th century football' team for having the audacity to shut up shop v Chelsea, he did the same and more at Anfield today.  I hate everything Mourinho and Chelsea stand for, from their plastic fans to their plastic f**king flags to that classless arrogant c**t managing them.

People will say it was a well executed performance from the 'master of big games'.  Again I'm not having it.  A Gerrard slip and a breakaway when we were chasing the game aside, they couldn't touch the ball.  They were massively lucky whatever way you look at it.

The fat lady isn't singing yet and we can still do this.  That's the mentality we all need to have.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:59 pm

come on guys... we didn't play bad... we are simply too young a team to deal with Mourinho's smash and grab tactics... it's our limitation and with this current squad, it will be too much to ask for breaking down Chelsea's team employing this kinda tactics... Chelsea came for a draw. Gerrard's mistake gifted them a strategic upper hand. And then the 2nd goal was due to us over comitting and also another mistake, this time by Sturridge. These kinda games happen. It was the other defeats to lower clubs that hurt us...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:00 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:54 pm wrote:City are 2-0 up, their goal difference is 8 better than ours now.

I still reckon they will drop points in one of their games, Everton won't role over they still want to ensure European football
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:03 pm

That Andre Schurrle guy is brilliant, so is Ba. Sigh. Gutted.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:10 pm

Boocity » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:00 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:54 pm wrote:City are 2-0 up, their goal difference is 8 better than ours now.

I still reckon they will drop points in one of their games, Everton won't role over they still want to ensure European football

They are stumbling to the finishing line mate, they've lost their last 2 and that renowned resilience that they had earlier in the season was built on a defence that's now decimated by injury, Distan and Jakielka are out, they have Alcaraz and Stones at CB now.
I hate to say it but I think we've blown it, I wasn't too concerned after the final whistle because I thought City were decimated by injury themselves but when I saw Aguero and Toure in their side today my heart sank.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:18 pm

Yea I must say I think the title race is pretty much all but over. We've lost it here today.

Side note: It's ATLetico. Not ATHLetico. Where the f*ck did that come from, and why do half the people on this forum seem to be combing Atletico Madrid and Athletic Bilbao? Sorry, Its always bothered me when people can't spell the names of the teams and players they talk about (some people still call Charlie Adam, Charlie f*cking Adams).

Ok, rant over  :D  :p
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games