West Ham VS LIVERPOOL - Sun 6 April 2014 - KO 4pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:53 am

Image VS Image

Taking no chances now for someone else to step in and steal the thread starting crown, I'm in early this week!

West Ham are no mugs and they're at home fighting for their lives, however...      we're closing in on the league title and we're playing sizzling footie.

I am hopeful of a comfortable win but as has happened so many times already it has the potential to be a scrappy bum twitcher of a game. Possibly a 3 - 4 to LFC, maybe a scratty 0-1 to LFC but it's the 3 points that matter.
Do us proud lads, come out fighting, make the other teams realise that we're here til the end!

West Ham 2 - 4 LFC (Suarez, Sturridge, Gerrard, Skyrtl)

Walk on!
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:10 pm

Your match threads are doing us proud mate, hope this one keeps up the tradition!
Next weekend could be pivotal, All of the top 3 have games in which they can drop points.
City host Southampton who are no mugs and Chelsea have a tough game at home to Stoke who are flying at the minute.
Stoke have only lost 1 of their last 10 (which was a tight 1-0 defeat away at City) and that run looks even more impressive when you consider they have beaten the likes of Arsenal, Manchester United, Villa (4-1 at Villa park) and drawn 2-2 with Southampton at St. Mary's recently. They have even won their last 3.
We play the following day against a West Ham side that's bound to have a fired up Andy Carroll playing up front.
Carroll I imagine would love nothing more than to get one over on the man that showed him the door at Anfield when he didn't want to go.
Sakho back in this one for me, hopefully we can cope with their long ball tactics and come away with another huge win.
City and Chelsea will be under huge pressure on the Saturday, both games are live on telly and any more dropped points might mean that they have to come here and win.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:47 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:10 pm wrote:Your match threads are doing us proud mate, hope this one keeps up the tradition!
Next weekend could be pivotal, All of the top 3 have games in which they can drop points.
City host Southampton who are no mugs and Chelsea have a tough game at home to Stoke who are flying at the minute.
Stoke have only lost 1 of their last 10 (which was a tight 1-0 defeat away at City) and that run looks even more impressive when you consider they have beaten the likes of Arsenal, Manchester United, Villa (4-1 at Villa park) and drawn 2-2 with Southampton at St. Mary's recently. They have even won their last 3.
We play the following day against a West Ham side that's bound to have a fired up Andy Carroll playing up front.
Carroll I imagine would love nothing more than to get one over on the man that showed him the door at Anfield when he didn't want to go.
Sakho back in this one for me, hopefully we can cope with their long ball tactics and come away with another huge win.
City and Chelsea will be under huge pressure on the Saturday, both games are live on telly and any more dropped points might mean that they have to come here and win.

I think that we have the hardest one though, because it's away. Won't be a stroll in the park for neither City or Chelsea but I expect them to win. Can't see Chelsea losing points in two games on the bounce and City won't lose points at home at this stage, being favorites for the title and all.

As for us, West Ham is a potential banana skin and it's one of the games I predicted we'll lose points on. If we give our maximum and stay concentrated. we should have no problems though. Being on a good run and in for the title, we should be able to beat these.

I agree on bringing in Sakho for this one. We'll need his strength and aerial ability for Carroll and the rest of them. Other than that, I'd keep the same team as against Spurs.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:19 pm

The only time i ever see that James Collins have a decent game it's against Suarez!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:56 pm

They're all cup finals from here on in and there is nothing West Ham would love more than to end our title bid.

West Ham shouldn't be underestimated and I'd drop Agger for Sakho. We need a someone in the box who will win the high balls and i have visions of Agger getting flattened.

Im going for 2-0
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:15 pm

Given Gerrards yellow card situation (two match ban if he picks one up in the West Ham game) I'm wondering if BR will "rest" Gerrard for the West Ham match.

Looking at the yellow card rules
If a player accumulates ten cautions between the opening day of the playing season and the second Sunday of April in the same season, he will be suspended automatically for two matches. If a player accumulates fifteen cautions between the opening day of the playing season and the last day of the same season, he will be suspended automatically for three matches.

If it was up to me I'd take the chance and bench him for the West Ham game (surely we cam beat them without Gerrard ? ) as it guarantees his availability for the Man City game and if he manages manages to get through the Man City match (the second Sunday of April ) without picking up a card he'll basically be free and clear thru to the end of the season.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby fivecups » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:07 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:15 pm wrote:Given Gerrards yellow card situation (two match ban if he picks one up in the West Ham game) I'm wondering if BR will "rest" Gerrard for the West Ham match.

If a player accumulates ten cautions between the opening day of the playing season and the second Sunday of April in the same season, he will be suspended automatically for two matches. If a player accumulates fifteen cautions between the opening day of the playing season and the last day of the same season, he will be suspended automatically for three matches.

If it was up to me I'd take the chance and bench him for the West Ham game (surely we cam beat them without Gerrard ? ) as it guarantees his availability for the Man City game and if he manages manages to get through the Man City match (the second Sunday of April ) without picking up a card he'll basically be free and clear thru to the end of the season.

Woof, I've been worrying about this for the last two games. Stevie has been very careful about not picking up a booking and Rodgers took him off yesterday as soon as the game was won. I think he'll play next weekend because we simply can't risk dropping points. He's critical for our tempo and shape. He'll have to avoid any chance of a booking and hopefully he'll be able to come off early with the game tied up but I think he's likely to start.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:06 am

We cant afford to leave Gerrard out but also can't afford to have him missing against City!

Would be lying if I said i'm not worried...
killerp

Postby only me » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:46 am

woof woof ! » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:15 pm wrote:Given Gerrards yellow card situation (two match ban if he picks one up in the West Ham game) I'm wondering if BR will "rest" Gerrard for the West Ham match.

Wrote it before and i'll write it again ,if it's not broken don't fix it. The system is ticking perfectly at the moment ,we are riding high and playing excellent stuff ,i wouldn't change anything.
The risk is obvious but for the sake of continuity i wouldn't change anything.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:08 pm

Swapping Coutinho, Allen and Sterling around is one thing. Leaving Gerrard out at this critical stage is not an option I would consider. These are just the sort of games were Gerrard really does come into his own. His recent contributions in his new role have been invaluable and Lucas certainly could not replace him and be as effective. In fact nobody could.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:23 pm

devaney » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:08 pm wrote:Swapping Coutinho, Allen and Sterling around is one thing. Leaving Gerrard out at this critical stage is not an option I would consider. These are just the sort of games were Gerrard really does come into his own. His recent contributions in his new role have been invaluable and Lucas certainly could not replace him and be as effective. In fact nobody could.

I know where you're coming from Dev, I obviously  hope I'm wrong but I've just got a horrible feeling he'll pick up a card against West Ham which means he'd miss the Man City game, and if there's any game we need him for it's that one.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:46 pm

does the yellows get binned on the 2nd sunday in April? what time?  we play man city on the 2nd sunday in april so if it comes into effect midnight sat/sun then he's clear by the time we kick off!
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:12 pm

woof woof ! » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:23 am wrote:
devaney » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:08 pm wrote:Swapping Coutinho, Allen and Sterling around is one thing. Leaving Gerrard out at this critical stage is not an option I would consider. These are just the sort of games were Gerrard really does come into his own. His recent contributions in his new role have been invaluable and Lucas certainly could not replace him and be as effective. In fact nobody could.

I know where you're coming from Dev, I obviously  hope I'm wrong but I've just got a horrible feeling he'll pick up a card against West Ham which means he'd miss the Man City game, and if there's any game we need him for it's that one.

Focus on the task in hand ,we need three points Today from West ham ,why worry about tomorrow?. I'll bet you will feel worse if we rest Gerrard and drop points in London.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Bermenstein » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:30 pm

I think with West Ham beating Sunderland 2-1 last night has ease pressure on the hammers and they wont be as desperate for points against Liverpool. Having said that, they are not going just lay down and roll over for us.

But I really believe this Liverpool side will continue its momentum and keep doing what theyre doing. Theres been alot of talk and tweeting today about psychiatrist Steve Peters doing wonders on the mental side with the players. This guy has helped Ronnie O Sullivan with his approach to snooker and has worked with the British Cycling team, Team Sky and the England National Football Team. Previous Olympic performers assisted included Chris Hoy and Victoria Pendleton.

Steve Peters-Liverpool Psychiatrist

So Lets hope between Rodgers, Peters and Gerrards Influence, we can just get through these last 6 games as we have the last 9.

Here is a video of Steve Peters talking about controlling the "Inner Chimp" haha. very interesting insight.

I'll go with West Ham 1-4 Liverpool  :buttrock
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:13 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:19 pm wrote:The only time i ever see that James Collins have a decent game it's against Suarez!

:laugh: that's true. But I think he's injured.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games