LIVERPOOL vs Chelsea - Sun 27 April 2014 - KO 2.05pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:19 pm

Sigh. What now? It's not as if we're dead certain to beat Palace and Newcastle. And City looks unstoppable.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:20 pm

Santa » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:15 pm wrote:Some key players froze today...Cautinho was poor, Raheem didn't get into the game. Johnson was just ***** poor, Lucas was anonymous, Allen was so-so and Suarez was crowded out so there it goes. #WeGoAgain

I thought Joe Allen was the only midfielder who had a half decent game, the rest were very average, Gerrard let the mistake get to him and Lucas looked like he was going to get the ball nicked off him every time he had it.
As soon as I saw Gerrard and Lucas in the same line up I started to worry.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:22 pm

300 million worth of attacking players parking the bus, that is all Maureen knows how to do. I hope they lose the semi against Athletico
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:25 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:11 pm wrote:Awful result and an awful performance, but its not a disaster.

I'm still of the belief that City will drop points and I'm sure we can beat both Palace and Newcastle. Chin up lads, we're still in this!!  :buttrock

Awful result  :nod

Awful performance ?

Individually each player could have performed much better but I don't think failure to play at the top of our game was necessarily our undoing.

For me the biggest disappointment was that tactically we seem to be able to only play one way and when it works we look fantastic BUT when a team of any quality defends deep, denies us any space and looks to catch us on the counter we struggle.

Once Chelsea scored I must admit I didn't see us getting back into the game.   :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Boocity » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:27 pm

All we can do in concentrate on winning the next two games and trust city drop points, it's not over yet.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:29 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:25 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:11 pm wrote:Awful result and an awful performance, but its not a disaster.

I'm still of the belief that City will drop points and I'm sure we can beat both Palace and Newcastle. Chin up lads, we're still in this!!  :buttrock

Awful result  :nod

Awful performance ?

Individually each player could have performed much better but I don't think failure to play at the top of our game was necessarily our undoing.

For me the biggest disappointment was that tactically we seem to be able to only play one way and when it works we look fantastic BUT when a team of any quality defends deep, denies us any space and looks to catch us on the counter we struggle.

Once Chelsea scored I must admit I didn't see us getting back into the game.   :(

We didn't exactly get caught on the break did we and many most of the top sides have struggled to break down Chelsea's 10 man defence
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:32 pm

Boocity » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:29 pm wrote:We didn't exactly get caught on the break did we and many most of the top sides have struggled to break down Chelsea's 10 man defence

Ah, ok

So exactly how did we lose it Mr Pundit ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Boocity » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:34 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:32 pm wrote:
Boocity » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:29 pm wrote:We didn't exactly get caught on the break did we and many most of the top sides have struggled to break down Chelsea's 10 man defence

Ah, ok

Mistake by Gerrard :rasp
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:37 pm

kazza » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:22 pm wrote:300 million worth of attacking players parking the bus, that is all Maureen knows how to do. I hope they lose the semi against Athletico

When you can call on £90million worth of players from the sub bench, this is the luxury that he had and yet he still park the bus. Sure he is tactically astute but he is the anti-football kinda manager.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:39 pm

Just hoping now citeh drop some points. What a fecking shame...

Still not over more twist to follow i'm sure..
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:40 pm

Ah, ok

Don't know what happened there, double post ???
Last edited by Boocity on Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:41 pm

The Game had the ending of a Greek Tragedy ,Gerrard of all players in the world ,facing a disgusting opponent as Mourinho which i don't care how many praise him is an insult to football.
I've never seen time wasting tactics as were deployed today by Chelsea from the first minute ,it's not parking the bus it's a deliberate appalling tactic to suck the life of the fun of football ,shame such tactics were rewarded.
And as the Gods have decided all Liverpool fans would wear their Blue uniform and support the Toons..Brutal.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:41 pm

I was under the impression that the likes of Toure and Aguero would be out injured for a while but they are playing today.
Barring us hammering Palace and Newcastle 7-0 I hate to say this but I think we blew the title there today.
I can't see Everton doing us a favour as they look very leggy themselves, they've lost their last 2 to Palace and Southampton.
If Palace don't conjure up a draw here I think we've blown it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:42 pm

Horrendous result against the worst footballing side I've seen all season. They made Fat Sam's Bolton team look expansive. B*stards.
Palace won't do us any favours, nor will the Bitters.

We now have to try and win our two remaining matches and hope beyond hope that City drop points somewhere.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:43 pm

Boocity » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:34 pm wrote:

Ah, ok

Oh yeah, that'll be right.

A player slips on a slick surface and it's a "mistake" that made the difference.

Like I said earlier, Chelsea played "rope a dope". They easily absorbed every punch we threw at them and patiently waited for the opportunity ,that given our style of play would eventually come, to punish us.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games