LIVERPOOL vs Man City - Sun 13th April 2014 - KO 13.37

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby killerp » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:44 pm

No complaints all smiles but this is pure torture for us fans. I almost died half way through that game, I thought that's it we are fooked but from nowhere little misfiring Coutinho saves our bacon. What's the chance Kompany stuffs up a clearance like that!

This will be a game long remembered.

As for the next game Suarez pull your finger out and score another hatrick, there are more records to break this season!
killerp

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:49 pm

the nerves are fecking shot after that  :nod  what a 1st half  :buttrock
2nd was a different kettle of fish and we became passive, we sat way too deep and let them get at us and we rode our luck at times but how and ever thats what you have to do to win big games and titles  :buttrock
by no means is it in the bag but that was a hell of a hurdle to cross  :nod
sterling, skrtel, coutinho and that fooking legend of a captain of ours where stand outs for us today. pure grit and dogged determination to see us over the line  :buttrock
4 to go and can almost smell the silvo  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:06 pm

Haven't screamed out in delight yet, so here goes...

YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby romliv » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:07 pm

What a great game and what a joy to be so close to the title! The last minutes were unbearable! we deserve this title guys and we will win it !!!
" Liverpool's tally of 93 Premier League goals this season is more than they have scored in an entire top flight campaign. Their previous best was 92 in the old Division One in 1963/64.
This was Liverpool’s 10th consecutive Premier League win, their best winning run since October to December 2005.
Liverpool are now unbeaten in all 15 Premier League matches of 2014, their longest unbeaten top flight start to a calendar year since 1983 (also 15 matches). That run helped them to the 1982/83 old Division One title."
From uk eurosport
when we don't have what we love, we must love what we have!
romliv

Postby Boocity » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:23 pm

Nerves are shot but what a win and what a game, really think we should have made changes when they brought on Milner though gone to a 433 straight away.

4 to go, Just do it reds
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:40 pm

what a game. feel worn out. and we have 4 more like them to come. feet still on the ground
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:01 pm

Great performance, brilliant result !

Pity about Hendo's sending off but  Stevie G is now free and clear of his potential 10 yellow card suspension  :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:14 pm

Couldn't even watch the last 10 minutes my nerves were that shot.
Brilliant first half performance but I don't know what happened to our midfield at the start of the second, talk about going AWOL, City were cutting through us almost at will and it looked like it was only a matter of time before they scored.
I was screaming at the telly for us to do something before it was too late (which just added to my frustration when they did pull it back to 2-2).
Credit to the lads though for having the bottle to regroup and take the lead again, they showed incredible heart to do that.
I thought Sterling, Skrtel and Coutinho really led from the front.
We rode our luck at times but at the end of the day we scored 3 goals against a club that have spent over half a billion quid putting together that side.
4 games away from greatness.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:50 pm

Brilliant game...showed our true grit but that's all over now. Feet still firmly planted on the ground we have another title decider in 2 games time. Win that and it's time to get some silver polish out...messed that up and City & Chelsea might still finished ahead of us. Walk On, keep the faith...
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:06 pm

Actually bit all my nails lol..........then bit the skin ( disgusting i know ).

Fantastic display, great finish, great game.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:46 pm

Maybe its my age but I was pretty calm even when we let the two goals slip.

This team is made of strong stuff and that's what gets teams over the line in the championship race and even with
a nervy spell where City dominated I felt we always had enough in attack to win the game.

Their second was on own goal lets remember and our fantastic football aside we got a few breaks, Sakho on Dzeko,
Suraez could, maybe should have seen red after the dive, the Skrtel handball, even the Flanno tackle, you have seen
them given.

Pure adrenalin is driving this team but I suspect we may have another title decider to get through when Chelsea roll
up at Anfield  :oops:
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:40 pm

Thank you boys ,it may not have been pretty in the end ,and to those watching it may have looked like the Kop was about to have a collective stroke ,but its
three magnificent points and the continuance of a wonderful season......   Did I say thanks  :buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:45 pm

The ultimate game of 2 halves.

1st half we were utterly immense. Should have been 4-0 up. 2nd half Silva ran the game and we were hanging on. Great resolve to keep going at 2-2 and get the winner though.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:05 pm

Post match twitter pic
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:43 pm

We never make it simple though do we :D? This team will kill me one day I know it.

People will say that we didn't deserve to win and that we were lucky, and to be fair that won't be too far from the truth. But they also didn't deserve to win at the Etihad this season and they didn't even deserve those two draws from last season. Who cares though, I would have taken any kind of a win and I will take any kind of a win for the following 4 games as well. Handballs, clumsy tackles, I don't give a Sh*t as long as we win them! We can do this guys!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games