chelsea v LIVERPOOL Tue 4th April 8.00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Doeboy » Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:03 am

Reg » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:42 am wrote:Didn't even bother watching.  Does Jurgen have the energy to rebuild?

Must admit, not seeing the same energy from him recently and does feel as though he has accepted there's probably not too much more he can get out of this group of players and has one eye on the summer and refreshing this team.
Doeboy

Postby devaney » Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:20 am

The mental state of the team is so demonstrably far from the title winning/challenging and CL winning/challenging teams is absolutely incredible. The body language from both Klopp and the team is depressing in the extreme.

Personally I really don’t think it is simply about team investment. That has absolutely nothing to do with our ridiculous injury record and the alarming drop off in form that applies to numerous players. Players such as VVD and Jota coming back from long term injuries are difficult to recognise as the players they once were. Nunez and Gakpo have shown glimpses of brilliance but they certainly couldn’t be accused of making the difference expected given what they cost. Chelsea in the last 6 months have spent £543m net. Liverpool have spent £56m net during the same period. They both appear to be fighting for a mid table finish.

I wish I knew the answer. Klopp is paid more than the CEO of Apple at £16m a year which is crazy in itself. If ever there was a time to prove that he is really worth that bizarre level of remuneration then it is now !!

Last night was perhaps one of the worst performances I have seen from a Liverpool team in a long time and that was after being humiliated by City !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:04 pm

Two poor teams and it was an awful display, especially by Klopp's team, the luxury Chelsea team was Sh*t, however, Klopp's team was worse and even Sh*t too, it was Konate a single-handed held the shredded defense line!! As for the introduction of £400K Salah who has shaded no sweat towards his annual income of £20 million, whereas, he has coned LFC and its fans for it return!
This nutcase manager ought to be replaced, he can't rebuild a shattered squad even with many add-ons, the outcome will be the same as this season, he couldn't rectify the chronic problem in pre-season, what make you sure he can in the next season! Dream On
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby Reg » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:40 pm

' he couldn't rectify the chronic problem in pre-season, what make you sure he can in the next season!'

The jury's still out on this.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:35 pm

That was the worst game I had seen in a long time. Absolute tripe from both sides

Not even going to comment on any specific player but they all need to give their heads a wobble and cop the fook on. It's Liverpool they play for not fooking Everton. No leadership and no desire.

I don't think klopp will stay beyond this season. Just looks drained and lost after every game. The players look like they just aren't buying it anymore either.

Regardless of what happens with the manager folks need to realise that we have far to many players who are average or just not good enough. A few have gone past their use by date as well.

Anyway 10 points off 4th with no games in hand. 10 games left to play so need a big reaction against Arsenal on Sunday.  Beat them and it will have been 4 points from a tough week.and we have a good run of winnable games coming up. We need to apply some sort of pressure if we want above us to crack.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games