LIVERPOOL vs Chelsea - Sun 27 April 2014 - KO 2.05pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:03 pm

OK fellas...   here we go...

Chelsea are beatable... FACT!

Chelsea FC - big manager with a big gob. Lets shut this muppet up! I'm longing for us to win then BR in his post match interview start talking about little horses and the sh!te that Maureen spouts.
I used to have a lot of respect for him but now I think he's an idiot. Lets smash his team to bits!

Not sure on the injury situation, I'm guessing Sturridge might return to the first XI.
I think this game is the decider to be honest, between Liverpool and Man City. Win this we're just about over the line.

leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:10 pm

What we do in life echoes .....................   :buttrock

1-0 to us Aspas in 91st minute after coming on as a 89th sub

Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:40 pm

With the players we currently have available I don't think we'll be able to contain Chelsea by flooding the midfield so I wouldn't even bother trying, we'll just invite pressure onto ourselves again and end up backed into our box and under siege, except this time instead of the likes of Hooper and Snodgrass running at us we'll have Hazard, Oscar and Willian.
I'd go with an attacking line up but every player in our side has to be made aware that they have to work their @rses off and press the ball like F##k, once one or two get lazy and start to drop off the likes of Hazard will start to run amok like he did at Stamford bridge. I just hope Torres doesn't play because it wouldn't surprise me if he's got a parting gift for us just before he leaves Chelsea in the summer, the footballing gods are fickle and a plot line like that isn't beyond them.
We just cannot afford to lose this game full stop.

Mingolet

Johnson.           Skrtel.      Sakho.        Flannagan

Gerrard.    Allen

Sterling.      Coutinho.     Suarez

Sturridge
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:02 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:40 pm wrote:                           

Mingolet

Gerrard.    Allen

Sturridge

That's the set up I'd go with too. I think Sturridge will be available and I'd drop Lucas to go with the attacking line up.

Hit them hard for the first 30 mins and they'll crumble, just like Man City, Arsenal and Manure  :nod

I'm going for 3-1
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:38 pm

This could easily be our toughest test mentally for years. The prize for winning is massive and will only leave Man City to contend with and we already have three points on them. Winning the game would put City under massive pressure against Palace. Focus,concentration,desire and not letting these horrible fkrs have one second on the ball without somebody being in their faces. Our fantastic crowd can make the difference. Just look at how their supporters behaved against Sunderland. They really are a shower of shit. Just look at how that dick Bourinho behaved - what a fig clown. It won't be easy but we can win it !!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:05 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:40 pm wrote:With the players we currently have available I don't think we'll be able to contain Chelsea by flooding the midfield so I wouldn't even bother trying, we'll just invite pressure onto ourselves again and end up backed into our box and under siege, except this time instead of the likes of Hooper and Snodgrass running at us we'll have Hazard, Oscar and Willian.
I'd go with an attacking line up but every player in our side has to be made aware that they have to work their @rses off and press the ball like F##k, once one or two get lazy and start to drop off the likes of Hazard will start to run amok like he did at Stamford bridge. I just hope Torres doesn't play because it wouldn't surprise me if he's got a parting gift for us just before he leaves Chelsea in the summer, the footballing gods are fickle and a plot line like that isn't beyond them.
We just cannot afford to lose this game full stop.

Mingolet

Gerrard.    Allen

Sturridge

Yep I agree.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:09 pm

If offered now, would you take a draw?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:13 pm

no.

play for the win, always - fuk a draw
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:17 pm

damjan193 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:09 pm wrote:If offered now, would you take a draw?

Give us a palace win and you got a deal
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:31 pm

although as we need 2 wins and a draw I'd rather take the draw as the chelsea game so they don't benefit either.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:52 pm

Whilst tough I think the Chelsea game especially if Hazard isn't playing could be easier than Palace.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:03 pm

Martin Atkinson is the referee.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:15 pm

this game wont be easy by any stretch. they cant score and we can so mourinho will adopt every cheap trick in the book to try and stop us.
we have home advantage with the full might of the crowd behind us so id hope that will be enough to keep us switched on for 90 mins. go at them like we did all the other big games and we will be fine.
sturridge coming back will be a welcome boost but it will be vital that our midfield keep a high line in support of him and suarez until we at least get our noses in front.
                                                                                     mingy

johnson            skrtel             agger         flanno

gerrard

allen                   coutinho             sterling

sturridge              suarez

whats the story with ramires ? any word on whether the fa are going to charge him for slapping yer man on the chops ?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:22 pm

They're also the most cynical team around. Expect them to spend 90 minutes trying to wind Suarez up at every opportunity and get him sent off.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Boocity » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:45 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:15 pm wrote:whats the story with ramires ? any word on whether the fa are going to charge him for slapping yer man on the chops ?

Yes, its been very quiet about this and also that coach being restrained from going for the ref, do you reckon they are waiting until after tonights match before they charge them
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games