LIVERPOOL vs Chelsea - Sun 27 April 2014 - KO 2.05pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:47 pm

absolutely gutted and speechless after that  :down: 
all we had to do was not lose the fecking thing. dont care what credit mourinho gets because he is nothing but a classless boot licker and those tactics he employed today are anti-football  :nod
gutted for gerrard  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:54 pm

They did a number on us but we didn't play top our best, bit leggy and naturally nervous.

You couldn't make slip up really, you just do not see that at all, quite incredible and nobody can legislate
for that.

If we are fated to win it then Gerrard's fall will be part of an amazing story, or worst case scenario a moment
that will haunt him forever, regrettable, but that's life, that's football.

11 on the spin though, we where due to lose a game.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:57 pm

The sad reality is now lads that Everton are the only team standing in the way of City winning the title.

I feel farking sick.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Santa » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:03 pm

It is widely expected that Jose will park his bus and frustrate us and rely on counter attack, which with the players that he has got he could be very effectively employ that against us...do we not have a strategy or work one out in training on how to break them down if our usual cavalier style don't work? I hoped we better learn fast because we will start seeing a lot of teams doing the same thing at Anfield in the coming months -- play not to lose and to frustrate us
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:11 pm

Think people are getting carried away with the headlines and hype.

We won 11 on the spin playing this way but it didn't work today, Gerrard slipped and that's
all that stopped us getting at least a point.

Some days it doesn't happen for you that's all and we where due a bad break, Chelsea didn't
do anything special though the press will make Mourhino out to be a genius as normal.

We have 2 hard games as do Chelsea, City have 3, nothing is a given.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:28 pm

f*cking disaster, I still have no words. All we needed was a f*cking draw.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:05 pm

Santa » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:03 pm wrote:It is widely expected that Jose will park his bus and frustrate us and rely on counter attack, which with the players that he has got he could be very effectively employ that against us...do we not have a strategy or work one out in training on how to break them down if our usual cavalier style don't work? I hoped we better learn fast because we will start seeing a lot of teams doing the same thing at Anfield in the coming months -- play not to lose and to frustrate us

When Suarez, Sturridge, Coutinho and Sterling are playing well we can dismantle any defence but none of those players had a good game today.
Add that miss-firing strike force to a pedestrian midfield and then throw in a clanger for good measure then you know your in for a long afternoon.
No matter what tactics Mourinho employed if we would have been at our best we would have taken them apart but we were nowhere near our best today.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:19 pm

Feels like we lost it today but City are 4/5 and we are 5/4 to be Champs and Chelsea miles back.

If Man City do win the last 4 then fair play but experience tells me there's always another twist in these
tight competitions and its very close call.

Natural to be down but our team has given everything and more this year and we should be proud whatever
happens, and when I say happens we can still do it, very much so.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:58 am

Thumping headache at work this morning, because I stayed up till late last night watching the game (Australia).

Biggest game in the last 2 decades and we didn't show up.

To be honest, Mourinho raped Rodgers with the tactics and set-up.

To add to the misery poor Stevie G, will have nightmares for the rest of his life.

Depressed as f**k.

:down:
Last edited by eds on Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby laza » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:26 am

parchpea » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:19 am wrote:Feels like we lost it today but City are 4/5 and we are 5/4 to be Champs and Chelsea miles back.

If Man City do win the last 4 then fair play but experience tells me there's always another twist in these
tight competitions and its very close call.

Natural to be down but our team has given everything and more this year and we should be proud whatever
happens, and when I say happens we can still do it, very much so.

Amen to that
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Focus » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:58 am

Had Henderson and a fully fit Sturridge played, the outcome could have been different. Brendan needs to know how to break down stubborn teams who come to defend and steal a win. Perhaps one way to deal with this kind of team is to give them a taste of what they are by sitting deep and defend to open them up and in a split second catch them off guard and punish them on the counter, which I know we can be very good at. Palace I am sure will be doing the same to us.

Overall our squad is not deep enough to have a plan B and that's why the title is now slipping away from us. Though money may not necessary buy you the title as Spurs have shown, but when it comes to the crunch, it does swing towards the richer club. We now have to depend on Everton to do us a favour by beating City.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:26 am

damjan193 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:28 pm wrote:f*cking disaster, I still have no words. All we needed was a f*cking draw.

Precisely,  unfortunately we don't know how to play for one.

All or nothing  seems to be our mantra.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Johnny Boy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:43 am

Was at the game, felt sick before, during and after. Thought I might feel better this morning but I don't.

Head says we won 11 on the bounce and I always felt somewhere we would drop points - but I still feel sick....

Knew it would be a tight game.
Missed Henderson, and lack of squad depth is showing a little now. Suarez maybe gone slightly off the boil.
Sturridge clearly wasn't fit, we just didn't have anyone else to bring on and change the game, Chelsea had 6 or 7 out and still had Willian on the bench.
Their tactics were tiresome but I didn't expect anything else. A strong, powerful midfielder is a must for the next window (maybe one to discuss in the summer).
We didn't have a plan B but having played some fantastic football this season we haven't until yesterday needed one.

Can't help but think if we had signed that Ukranian in January it might have given us something else, but that's probably me being daft .
At the end of the day 11 successive wins and the one defeat is a fantastic achievement but....I still feel sick!

I can't see City dropping points.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:45 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:05 pm wrote:
Santa » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:03 pm wrote:It is widely expected that Jose will park his bus and frustrate us and rely on counter attack, which with the players that he has got he could be very effectively employ that against us...do we not have a strategy or work one out in training on how to break them down if our usual cavalier style don't work? I hoped we better learn fast because we will start seeing a lot of teams doing the same thing at Anfield in the coming months -- play not to lose and to frustrate us

When Suarez, Sturridge, Coutinho and Sterling are playing well we can dismantle any defence but none of those players had a good game today.
Add that miss-firing strike force to a pedestrian midfield and then throw in a clanger for good measure then you know your in for a long afternoon.
No matter what tactics Mourinho employed if we would have been at our best we would have taken them apart but we were nowhere near our best today.

Funny but I felt sick but wasn't too upset today because we were tactically played out of the park. Jose organised his resources and frustrate us all day and we just do not have the tactical awareness to break down a well drilled team who's sole intention was to waste time and park their bus in front of the goal. They played as if they have nothing to lose because of what Jose did by telling everybody that he was "fielding a weak team" and they are "not in the race". I think his tactical style made our players looked bad and Suarez did not have a sight on goal all day and we have to resort to long balls and shooting from outside the box all day which is a walk in the park for them.

I think they have properly familiar with this tactic for the Atletico game so it looks easy for them but our shortcoming (without a plan B) was fully exposed. Expect more of this at Anfield next season so we better get used to this unless Brendan is willing to change & adapt.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:14 pm

Luck wasn't on our side so unlike some people I certainly won't criticise anybody including BR. Except for some incredibly bad luck we would have gone in at half time 0-0 with little sign of Chelsea scoring. Henderson's suspension and Sturridge's injury are probably the main factors that cost us the game.

We move on. I think I have unfortunately resigned myself to City winning the league. I'll be very surprised if the three teams they have left to play cause them any serious problems. Mind you I never imagined Sunderland would take points off City and Chelsea.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext