LIVERPOOL vs Cardiff - Sat 21 Dec 12.45 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redno7 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:53 am

Image VS Image

Here we go lads, the game we've all been waiting for... 

No seriously now, we can't take the win for granted but it should be a stroll once we get going. I'm chucking a cheeky fiver on another Suarez hat trick. I think it'll be a tight game until we score one then the flood gates should open. We've been ruthless at home against everyone so I expect it'll end up about 4 - 0 or 5 - 0 if we take them to the sword.

A young man moves to a village in Wales and gets talking to an old man from the village. He asks the old man what his name is; the old man gets very irate at this point and says: "See that line of houses over there? I built them all, but do they call me Jones the house builder? Do they hell! See those railway lines over there? I laid them all, but do they call me Jones the engineer? Do they hell! See those bridges over that river? I built them all, but do they call me Jones the bridge builder? Do they hell! But, a long long time ago, I fecked ONE sheep..."

redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:59 pm

Ok you've got the job you can start every match thread  :laugh:

I've watched these buggers a couple of time this season at their place against City and Swansea. City approached the game with a high level of arrogance and lost. Swansea just struggled and lost. They are a determined little bunch and cannot be taken for granted. Same attitude that we displayed against Spurs will be required. I don't think it will be a walk in the park.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:27 pm

cant wait for this  :buttrock
we have been fantastic at home this season and that record should continue against these.
we where fantastic last week and if we can recreate that then there is no stopping us and i will pity cardiff, we have a great chance to go top until we see what happens on monday between arsenal and the chavs.
we dont need to change too much from the team that played spurs.

mingy
                  johnson               skrtel          sakho           flanno

allen           lucas/alberto

hendo
                   sterling                  suarez             coutinho.

personally id start alberto and rest lucas for the games on the 26th and 28th. it would also be nice to see aspas get a decent run out especially if the game is wrapped up early.
as for the score, with the form we are on it could be anything from 3 or 4 to almost double figures  :D  id happily take 1.0 though  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:01 pm

we`ve blown so many opportunities like this over the last 23 years that i just want to see us win.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:19 pm

I'd go with most of the line-up as against Spurs with 2 small experiments - Alberto instead of Lucas and Agger (if fit) partnering Sakho.

Agger and Sakho have never played together and both are lefties so it will be a bit of a risk. But they might be our 2 best defenders so they have to start playing together at some point.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:31 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:01 pm wrote:we`ve blown so many opportunities like this over the last 23 years that i just want to see us win.

stick to the same team and the result should come. Cardiff are in all sorts of trouble and they'll even fold like a sheet or come out fight for a 'cup final' performance. Personally, I think we'll f**k them over  :nod

BR has also admitted he can't believe what's going on behind the scenes at Cardiff

"My only conclusion when I look from the outside is you've got a business guy operating the club who obviously knows nothing about football”
Rodgers on Vincent Tan   :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:44 am

damjan193 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:19 pm wrote:I'd go with most of the line-up as against Spurs with 2 small experiments - Alberto instead of Lucas and Agger (if fit) partnering Sakho.

Agger and Sakho have never played together and both are lefties so it will be a bit of a risk. But they might be our 2 best defenders so they have to start playing together at some point.

Its no risk because they're left footed mate. Mo more so than playing two right footers.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:47 am

7_Kewell » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:31 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:01 pm wrote:we`ve blown so many opportunities like this over the last 23 years that i just want to see us win.

stick to the same team and the result should come. Cardiff are in all sorts of trouble and they'll even fold like a sheet or come out fight for a 'cup final' performance. Personally, I think we'll f**k them over  :nod

BR has also admitted he can't believe what's going on behind the scenes at Cardiff

"My only conclusion when I look from the outside is you've got a business guy operating the club who obviously knows nothing about football”

Normally I'd say a manager should be minding his own business and not commenting on other clubs like that. But maybe he's trying to come across as friendly against Cardiff to ensure they aren't as up for the fight as they could be.

Or maybe I'm giving the manager to much credit... who knows? :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:29 am

Stu the Red » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:47 am wrote:
7_Kewell » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:31 pm wrote:

Normally I'd say a manager should be minding his own business and not commenting on other clubs like that. But maybe he's trying to come across as friendly against Cardiff to ensure they aren't as up for the fight as they could be.

Or maybe I'm giving the manager to much credit... who knows? :D

brendan and mckay are mates, they worked together and got quite pally at watford. rodgers also knows that head of player recruitment that was shipped out and replaced by one of the owners relatives.
the radio this morning is now reporting that the owner has given mcckay an ultimatum to either resign or be sacked so it looks like there`s even more trouble at that particular mill.
we shouldnt be assuming though that because of all the turmoil behind the scene`s at cardiff that our job is already half done, by all accounts mckay is a popular figure amongst the cardiff players and if saturdays game is to be his last one in charge i`m sure those players will want to show him what he means to them by putting in a big performance.
we cant approach this game with the same attitude that we had against hull
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:27 pm

Stu the Red » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:44 am wrote:
damjan193 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:19 pm wrote:I'd go with most of the line-up as against Spurs with 2 small experiments - Alberto instead of Lucas and Agger (if fit) partnering Sakho.

Its no risk because they're left footed mate. Mo more so than playing two right footers.

Yeah, I guess that it's a bit of a myth that two lefties shouldn't play together as CBs, don't know why I mentioned it. But it's still a bit of a risk since they've never played together and a small mistake could be very costly.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:17 am

Two rock hard games after this but there is no easy win so hope Rodgers doesn't muck about with the team, rotation, we need to build
on Spurs result and ensure we collect 3pts tomorrow. From experience this is normally the point we mess up.

Even with our strongest and fittest 11 we could lose at City and Chelsea so try and ensure the Cardiff game is a priority and the other 2 matches
bonus points whatever we can pick up.

All the top teams have to visit us next year apart from United, so if we are in the mix at the turn its a great return, all to play for.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Basil » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:32 am

I work in Cardiff and their fans hope seems to be that Gary "The Pibull" Medel, the Chilean defensive midfielder, who recently played against England will mark Suarez out of the game and they could snatch a draw.
Basil

Postby devaney » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:03 pm

Bas - Is a Pibull some sort of large Welsh sheep? Baaaaaaaaaaaaa !! Whatever it is I think it will struggle to keep Luis out of the game !!  :D  Both teams are going to be very pumped for this one for very different reasons and we cannot afford any complacency whatsoever.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:23 pm

Medel is a dirty cvnt. Anyway, we're sticking with the same team that started at Spurs. Suarez captain I believe.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:28 pm

red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games