LIVERPOOL vs Cardiff - Sat 21 Dec 12.45 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:53 pm

Yet another accomplished display ,by players who are growing significantly in their new collective responsibility....Our first half performance notably
with outstanding contributions from Henderson and Suarez was magnificent. I love the way we're regaining possession quickly, and not letting teams
settle when there on the ball. Our passing and understanding of were every player is on the pitch is a joy to watch.

:buttrock  :buttrock

Top of the League
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:06 pm

redno7 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:21 pm wrote:joe allen... please leave in january

Are you serious? The lad dictates a much more faster and dynamic midfield then we had so far ,yep still lacking confidence but our MF is much more effective with him and Hendo pressing and working their a$$ off.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby crazyhorse » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:25 pm

Not seen the game yet but from what. I heard Allen was very good.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:53 pm

Wrapped it up by dominating first half and played in second gear after the break.

No idea what Rodgers has done with Henderson but he's stroking the ball about the park and back heeling assists now, naturally
Suarez was awesome.

We can do no wrong lately but the big tests await at City and Chelsea and 2 points from those games would be a great return
and lets not forget all the big guns have to visit us in the new year, done our shift away.

United away of course but talking about contenders  :p
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:00 am

parchpea » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:53 pm wrote:Wrapped it up by dominating first half and played in second gear after the break.

No idea what Rodgers has done with Henderson but he's stroking the ball about the park and back heeling assists now, naturally
Suarez was awesome.

We can do no wrong lately but the big tests await at City and Chelsea and 2 points from those games would be a great return
and lets not forget all the big guns have to visit us in the new year, done our shift away.

United away of course but talking about contenders  :p

Actually 6 points from those games would be great. Let's not sell ourselves short. City looks pretty challenging with their current form ,but it's not impossible.
I would be satisfied seeing us compete worry about results later.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:00 am

I be happy with four though I take six at a pinch
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:14 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:59 pm wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Sat Dec 21
It may be that he has an injury he is managing.

yeah, maybe.
whatever the reason mate, he doesnt look his usual self

Yeh "injury" ,lads i've been telling you for years now ,getting the stick and stone ,that Glen is an over-hyped player which builds on his odd goal here and their to keep his prestige going.
He is a poor defender and his attitude has always been problematic. He isn't a committed professional player.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:00 am

Boocity » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:46 pm wrote:
maypaxvobiscum » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:21 pm wrote:Kelly and Allen has been horrible in this game.

Don't know why you saw much wrong with Allen, I reckon you and Redno 7 just don't like him.

I think I was just disappointed as I really wanted him to score a goal. I've said before in another thread that I like him a lot, as he offers us something very different. Not only does he attack but also defend, unlike some other midfielders in our team who does one but not the other.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby devaney » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:11 am

maypaxvobiscum » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:00 am wrote:
Boocity » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:46 pm wrote:
maypaxvobiscum » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:21 pm wrote:Kelly and Allen has been horrible in this game.

Don't know why you saw much wrong with Allen, I reckon you and Redno 7 just don't like him.

I think I was just disappointed as I really wanted him to score a goal. I've said before in another thread that I like him a lot, as he offers us something very different. Not only does he attack but also defend, unlike some other midfielders in our team who does one but not the other.

Allen's confidence is beginning to really grow and a goal against City or Chelsea would help him really improve !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Focus » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:19 am

We were a 45 min team again and it was like the C.Palace game, brilliant in first half but 2nd half doze off and gave Mutch a free header for goal.

If you look at the last 4 game scorelines since the Hull loss 5-1, 4-1. 5-0 and 3-1, on paper it looked great. But if you look at who scored and/or assisted in all those 17 goals, it was all down to one man. And if that one man was injured or tightly marked out of the game, we're finished. Ideally all 17 goals should have been evenly distributed as much as possible throughout the whole team. But all our goals and assists were down to just one man and that is what worries me for the City and Chelsea games. We'll continue on to be a one man team until Stevie and Sturridge returns at the end of January.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:50 am

Suarez is the lone striker so you would expect him to score more of the goals and you cannot say he totally made all the goals because most of the team are involved in the build up. Suarez goes looking for the ball, wants to lead from the front and wants to score goals so you cannot put the blame on the rest of the team just because he is on fire at the moment.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redno7 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:14 pm

only me » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:06 pm wrote:
redno7 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:21 pm wrote:joe allen... please leave in january

Are you serious? The lad dictates a much more faster and dynamic midfield then we had so far ,yep still lacking confidence but our MF is much more effective with him and Hendo pressing and working their a$$ off.

Hey I like the lad, he just disappoints me at times. He puts a fair few stray passes around and I wouldn't put any money on him in a scoring chance. He just didn't fill me with any confidence. This is just my view, not saying it's right or wrong.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:20 pm

First half we were excellent.

Suarez,Hendo, Coutinho,Sterling and Flannagan were all outstanding. Suarez scoring 2 and assisting the other in which he could have scored himself shows the genius he is.

Henderson the way he links play is fantastic and he will continue to get better and better.

Coutinho can just create something out of nothing and was unlucky not to score himself as was flannagan who over the last 2 games has been excellent.

Sakho is another one who played well yesterday was solid at the back and showed alot of presence.

The only one player who i thought had a bad game was johnson seemed like his mind was elsewhere.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games