Liverpool v Cardiff 3pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:29 pm

Reg » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:02 am wrote:It's natural that the ground is quieter for a lower side, it's always been that way. We need real fans not just those who turn up and scream like fangirls  because they're visiting Anfield for the first time. And of course the Cardiff fans were louder this was their FA Cup Final / Champions League Final and World Cup Final all rolled into one!

Reg mate,you don't want the f*cking Welsh out singing you in Wales let alone your own back yard fella ,its embarrassing !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:31 pm

The Welsh have had wonderful male choirs for hundreds of years Red, it’s in their genes!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:48 pm

a good win and the same must be repeated next week

Good Luck lads
algymoon

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:10 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:10 pm wrote:As fans we need to really get behind this team because it will take us places ,atmosphere was woeful yesterday and Cardiff fans let us know with their "Is this a library chants' Kopites can only do so much all the other sections that house supposed Liverpool fans need to support us. 

Rant over ,as for the game I think we look so much more compact with Fabinho there ,his game intelligence and his passing reminds me of Gilberto Silva and we all know how far he took Arsenal ,I thought Lallana stretched the Cardiff defence more than we've been doing with teams of late and he was unlucky not to have a goal to his name ,still coming back to full fitness but his jinking runs and clever twists create space for the strikers. Delighted for Shaq he took his goal with real aplomb and he looks tailor made for the last 20 mins when opposition defences are weary and finally *look away Pep* Salah and Mane are linking up again to great effect, another three points and top of the pack and if you listen carefully you can hear the faints clicks of a potent triumvirate slowly but surely moving into gear

It's been like that for years too be honest. It's only really the evening games against big name opposition when the ground is rocking. The club have done a bit to get younger fans in to the ground but they need to do more. And as sensitive as topic as it is, safe standing would help too.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:51 pm

Reg » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:31 pm wrote:The Welsh have had wonderful male choirs for hundreds of years Red, it’s in their genes!

I hear the sheep can bang out a tune too ,or is it have a tune banged out of them ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:03 pm

Pig Catcher » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:10 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:10 pm wrote:As fans we need to really get behind this team because it will take us places ,atmosphere was woeful yesterday and Cardiff fans let us know with their "Is this a library chants' Kopites can only do so much all the other sections that house supposed Liverpool fans need to support us. 

Rant over ,as for the game I think we look so much more compact with Fabinho there ,his game intelligence and his passing reminds me of Gilberto Silva and we all know how far he took Arsenal ,I thought Lallana stretched the Cardiff defence more than we've been doing with teams of late and he was unlucky not to have a goal to his name ,still coming back to full fitness but his jinking runs and clever twists create space for the strikers. Delighted for Shaq he took his goal with real aplomb and he looks tailor made for the last 20 mins when opposition defences are weary and finally *look away Pep* Salah and Mane are linking up again to great effect, another three points and top of the pack and if you listen carefully you can hear the faints clicks of a potent triumvirate slowly but surely moving into gear

It's been like that for years too be honest. It's only really the evening games against big name opposition when the ground is rocking. The club have done a bit to get younger fans in to the ground but they need to do more. And as sensitive as topic as it is, safe standing would help too.

Too be honest mate the young kids are the problem ,glued to their phones and more interested in what's being said about a players performance on Twitter by some blurt whose never been to Anfield in his life rather than actually watching whats unfolding on the pitch. Believe it or not I had a group sitting in front of me who were too busy making Snap Chat videos and then playing it back to themselves
f*cking hilarious !!!  :no
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:03 pm

The games changing for the worse. It used to be a working man's game and it's now a celebrity thing. Players like Linguard and that idiot Pogba have silly haircuts, daft celebrations, ridiculous penalty run ups and the kids love it.

As a 35 year old guy I can see with working with these 16/17 year olds that these guys have zero personality, they literally live their lives through their phones.. it's embarrasing.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:30 am

UvS xR4GEx » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:03 am wrote:As a 35 year old guy I can see with working with these 16/17 year olds that these guys have zero personality, they literally live their lives through their phones.. it's embarrasing.

As a 55 year old guy it hurts to see how much today's youngsters are missing out on the best years of their lives compared to what we got upto when we were young. We were independent, we made our own fun, we were streetwise, we realised that to get to the top you had to start at the bottom. Today's kids are brainwashed by things posted on social media by equally inexperienced snowflakes on the other side of the world.

Kids today don't want to learn a trade/job, they 'expect' to go straight into a well paid job without any experience of life. Bah gum...  :Oo:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:07 pm

is this the Liverpool vs Cardiff thread or have I stumbled into the winging old gits thread?  :D  :D  :D
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:36 pm

Fowler_E7 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:07 pm wrote:is this the Liverpool vs Cardiff thread or have I stumbled into the winging old gits thread?  :D  :D  :D

Pull up a chair!  :laugh:  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:40 pm

Good result against a very poor side that sent 95% of the stadium to sleep. Let's face it if you make the decision to spend your hard earned pennies supporting a team like Cardiff then you might as well have a good old sing song because chances are it's the only fun you'll have !!  :laugh:  :laugh:

As for our support like a lot of grounds the atmosphere changed when stadiums became all seated. The seated areas of the ground have always been massively less vocal than the Kop and that goes back to the 60's and 70's. The demographic has also change which hasn't helped the situation.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Previous