Liverpool v Cardiff 3pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:13 pm

Nice comfortable win - Mo reallt starting to purr
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:32 pm

Very good win shame we finally conceded at home however it was meant to happen one day. Gald Shaq got hia first goal he should be ahead of Lallana in the squad.

Mane 2nd goal was exquisite.

Salah was awesome!!!!!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:51 pm

That final ball was there today.. Mo chipped in with a couple of assists and a nice goal aswell. I've only seen brief highlights.. anyone know how Fabinho played?
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:17 pm

He was ok - gave the ball away cheaply a few times but other than that it was a solid display
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:48 pm

Hey. We're TOP of the league!!!
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Franky000 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:40 pm

Good win, nice to see the front three back on it.

While I still think we could do with a few more players, it’s nice to see us making use of squad depth. This has been our undoing since the 90s....always a great first eleven, yet no back up. If we had this depth in 08 we’d have won the league easily.

Moreno is still a liability when it comes to defending, BUT he will come in handy against these park-the-bus teams where the attacking has to be relentless.

Van Dyke should be made captain permanently.

Arsenal next isn’t it?
Franky000

Postby leeroy74 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:28 am

Good days graft from the boys in red. 3 points was vital and we got them fairly easily with a solid display. We need to dispatch lower teams for 3+ goals to bump up the GD . Don't mind the tighter game when playing the big boys. Salah, mane, shaqiri and van dyke were great today. Love the confidence Allison brings to the team too. It's like the lads can finally relax a little cos they've got a proper keeper between the sticks. Good game red men... Now onto an in form arsenal
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:45 am

Moreno is a liability full stop. You can't play Lovren and Moreno together. Lovren plus Robertson yes, Gomez with Moreno maybe but in the space of a few minutes we fell apart at the back again because of the pairing of Lovren/Moreno. Bring in a decent LB as cover for Robbo and Lovren can stay. We lost of clean sheet record last night because of Moreno/Lovren - VVD and Alisson would be rightly very pi$$ed off. Lalana is staring over the edge of the cliff, either he bucks up or can take a walk this summer as well.

Otherwise great result and we have some fantastic footballers now.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:09 am

We totally dominated them but still I was on edge till the 3rd went in.  Shaqs introduction kicked us up a level and he showed great composure to take his goal. Salah is beginning to look back to himself smiles and all which is good to see. Thought Mane was MOTM. Just keeps going and going and then some more. Deserved his 2 goals today. Thought Fabinho had another good game also.

Disappointed we conceded a cheap goal to end a decent record and we deserved a clean sheet for a totally dominant display.

Arsenal next week in the 5.30 KO and our performances of late have been encouraging. I would take a one nil win there any day  :nod

Today was great for us but less unfortunate for others. First Hoddle takes a turn for the worse and then the Leicester helicopter crash  :down: Thoughts go out to all the families involved.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:12 am

I was worried for about 10mins after it went 2-1... Then the real Liverpool came out of hiding.about time we up the goal difference.
killerp

Postby Reg » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:23 am

I was horrified when they scored the disallowed goal to make it 1-1.... after that we were under pressure because of they smelt fear... Lovren/Gomez.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:41 am

2 of the goals yesterday came from Fabinho playing balls straight down the middle. It's been awhile since we had a Center mid who can thread balls through the gaps, we usually take the wide options or just start again from the back. The balls threaded through causes chaos for the smaller teams who can't reorganize the defence quick enough and that's where we took advantage yesterday.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:10 pm

As fans we need to really get behind this team because it will take us places ,atmosphere was woeful yesterday and Cardiff fans let us know with their "Is this a library chants' Kopites can only do so much all the other sections that house supposed Liverpool fans need to support us. 

Rant over ,as for the game I think we look so much more compact with Fabinho there ,his game intelligence and his passing reminds me of Gilberto Silva and we all know how far he took Arsenal ,I thought Lallana stretched the Cardiff defence more than we've been doing with teams of late and he was unlucky not to have a goal to his name ,still coming back to full fitness but his jinking runs and clever twists create space for the strikers. Delighted for Shaq he took his goal with real aplomb and he looks tailor made for the last 20 mins when opposition defences are weary and finally *look away Pep* Salah and Mane are linking up again to great effect, another three points and top of the pack and if you listen carefully you can hear the faints clicks of a potent triumvirate slowly but surely moving into gear
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:21 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:10 pm wrote:As fans we need to really get behind this team because it will take us places ,atmosphere was woeful yesterday and Cardiff fans let us know with their "Is this a library chants' Kopites can only do so much all the other sections that house supposed Liverpool fans need to support us. 

Even their manager said something similar aswel stating how the Cardiff fans were more loud.
Last edited by redshade on Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:02 am

It's natural that the ground is quieter for a lower side, it's always been that way. We need real fans not just those who turn up and scream like fangirls  because they're visiting Anfield for the first time. And of course the Cardiff fans were louder this was their FA Cup Final / Champions League Final and World Cup Final all rolled into one!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games