LIVERPOOL v cardiff Sun 6th Feb 12.00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:11 pm

FA Cup 4th round.
I’d love Jurgen to have an FA Cup win on his CV given the trophy’s importance to the history and development of the game. Wouldn't it be great if he could steal City’s thunder and do the quadruple as well?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:28 pm

I'd love him to have every single trophy from now till he leaves but truth is he will probably have to prioritise the CL because of the money.  If we won the league this year and this along with it I would be delighted as its a proper double.  :buttrock

Does anyone know if Keita is back or given a week off to recuperate ?. Hopefully he is back and brings that form with him. The South American lads will probably only be back about 24 hours so might not start either.

Kelleher.

Trent              Virg                konate         Tsimikas.

Morton.
          Henderson                 Jones.

Ox      Origi          Jota.

If Div isn't fit then Minamino. Not the worst 11 imo and should be enough to proceed.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:32 pm

Just read there that Thiago is back training so if fit I'd throw him in for Morton.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:29 pm

UEFA didn’t schedule any fixtures during this international break so our European players got a 1 week winter break with the likes of Milner, Robertson, and Ox, getting off to Dubai to get some golf in, while Trent and others were in the Maldives. I’d imagine we’ll see a pretty strong side put out in preparation for Leicester on Thursday. The players returned to training today but they’ll need this game to get back in the grove.

Mane and Salah are still away at the AFCON and because both Senegal and Egypt are in the semi-finals, both will be playing for their national teams on Sunday whether it be the final or the 3rd/4th place off. It sounds like Diaz won’t be able to enter the UK for a few more days while his work permit is finalised but maybe he’ll make the bench if we're lucky. Alisson, Fabinho, Firmino, and Minamino, are still on international duty, so I wonder if they might be given a few days off before returning to training on Monday. Looks like Elliott and Thiago will be in contention so hopefully they’ll get some minutes. That would leave Origi as the only injury absentee.

So maybe something like this. Although I suspect Klopp will include Minamino in the squad and maybe some of the Brazilians.

Kelleher

Trent          Matip          van Dijk          Robbo

Keita          Henderson          Jones

Gordon          Jota          Ox

Subs: Elliott, Thiago, Milner, Gomez, Konaté, Tsimikas, Adrian
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:33 am

The Maldives, Dubai….no wonder they all want a mid-winter break.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:16 pm

Did you see that new Villa player Coutinho scored for Brazil last night as they beat Paraguay 4-0?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:25 pm

Reg » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:16 pm wrote:Did you see that new Villa player Coutinho scored for Brazil last night as they beat Paraguay 4-0?

Yeah mate his looks like some talent doesn't he, hope we snapped him  :D .

Chuffed we made it to the final of a domestic trophy and hope we win it... I want us to also go far in the FA cup, I'd play a strongish side, give the lads some game time to prepare for our match against Leicester. Looking forward to this one though, let's give them a spanking.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:13 am

Man Ure out against a championship side... opportunities for us.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:16 am

Reg » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:13 am wrote:Man Ure out against a championship side... opportunities for us.

Always brings such joy to see them struggling   :laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:26 am

Klopp confirmed in yesterday's press conference that we have an empty treatment room. That doesn't happen often! Also said he hasn't decided yet if Diaz will be involved. Will be good to see Elliott and Thiago get some minutes. Cardiff have a Championship relegation battle to worry about so this could be either a welcome or unwelcome distraction for them.
Eagle

Postby electrum » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:13 pm

Liverpool team news
Liverpool team to face Cardiff: Kelleher, Alexander-Arnold, Konate, Van Dijk, Tsimikas, Henderson, Keita, Jones, Minamino, Jota, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Thiago, Milner, Diaz, Robertson, Matip, Gordon, Elliott, Morton.

Good to see Elliot back...and Diaz joins him on the bench. It would be great to see both of them on at 60 mins with the game put to bed already......
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:29 pm

Great to see so many players back from injury. I think a few are off with Covid (Ox and Gomez).

But we are looking good for the second half of the season.

Hopefully Mo and Mane get back from Africa Cup of Nations fully fit and we can go on a big winning run.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:48 pm

Could do with a lift 2nd half because we looked really flat that 1st half. Naby looks really nervous everytime he gets the ball, terrified of making a error. Can't wait to see the new lad and Harvey get a run out.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:01 pm

I wouldn't throw Elliot into this one tbh. These are lunging into some hard challenges and Harvey just got back from a serious injury so I wouldn't risk it.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:16 pm

Diaz and Elliott coming in
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games