LIVERPOOL VS BOLTON - Saturday 1st January 2011 15.00pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Fauxy » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:22 pm

On a side note to all this Roy shizzle..

Aurelio was good today, offers much more than Koncheskey and it looks like he's in good fitness now.
Fauxy

Postby centarec » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:40 pm

I didn't get to watch the game but on goal.com it says that Aurelio was the flop of the match
centarec

Postby Johnny Boy » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:51 pm

Just got back from the match. Have to say I have never seen so many empty seats for a 3 pm kick off.

Agger made a big difference, bringing the ball out of defence and linking up with the midfield, rather than hoofing it like we saw against Wolves.
Torres seemed to benefit from the ball being played on the ground and to feet more.
Relieved to get the 3 points and we deserved them.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:38 pm

Nice to have a win to start 2011 and Stevie was immense today. :)
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:43 pm

It just says it all that we're all so relieved by a home win over Bolton.

Roy still has to go and so do half the playing staff.  Not good enough.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:11 pm

the result doesn't change my stance on the manager but i thought we deserved to win. we were by far the better side in the first half and could have been 2 or 3 up. they scored against the run of play. i still can't get my head around why maxi was dropped for wolves. he was one of our most dangerous players.

second half we dominated for long spells again until the game got stretched and it went end to end. gerrard ran the show and torres took the goal superbly, although he's still nowhere near 100%.

anyway some encouraging signs. onwards and upwards.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Zidane » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:21 pm

Only saw the second half but I liked what I did see, Maxi has to stay in the side now he's by far our best option on the left right now.  Was nice to see Agger out there too and Johnson has been in good form ever since Roy called him out.  Everyone played well in that second half except for N'gog, his final ball was almost always a bad one.. disappointing too cause I thought he put himself in good positions but his inexperience made him make a lot of bad decisions.
Zidane

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:46 pm

much improved performance today and rightly so.
good to see agger and aurelio back in the fold although i reckon it would be a better back 4 with kelly at rb instead of johnson.
just as well stevie came on early as he was the difference between the two sides and rightfully belongs at cm.
sweet strike from nando and i hope that reminds people of his quality.good to see joe tap that in and hopefully boost his confidence.
a nice start to 2011
:D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:51 am

I thought Lucas was excellent earlier, because as soon as Gerrard was introduced he had to be our one holding midfielder ,and  constantly broke Bolton's play up allowing Gerrard a free role ...an unsung hero of the victory  ,but if I had to pick one outstanding candidate it would be Maxi.... possibly his best game for the reds ....also delighted with Agger's reintroduction back into our defence the Lads class ... then on the flip side we have Johnsons innate inability to defend ...... absolutely delighted with the three points and Gerrard finally giving us a performance in keeping with that of a captain ,but must he take every free kick or corner ? ...  decided to stay away from the game ,so it was an absolute knocker it was gonna be  a cracker... its always the way when you don't go 
A little thought though you don't exactly need second sight to see when a player is  having a mare and Ngog was having a howler ...why leave it so late ? surely introducing Milan(rather than Cole ) would have snatched the initiative much earlier on
Bolton were under the cosh we could have smashed them out of sight the number of chances we were making
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:33 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:I thought Lucas was excellent earlier, because as soon as Gerrard was introduced he had to be our one holding midfielder ,and  constantly broke Bolton's play up allowing Gerrard a free role ...an unsung hero of the victory  ,but if I had to pick one outstanding candidate it would be Maxi.... possibly his best game for the reds ....also delighted with Agger's reintroduction back into our defence the Lads class ... then on the flip side we have Johnsons innate inability to defend ...... absolutely delighted with the three points and Gerrard finally giving us a performance in keeping with that of a captain ,but must he take every free kick or corner ? ...  decided to stay away from the game ,so it was an absolute knocker it was gonna be  a cracker... its always the way when you don't go 
A little thought though you don't exactly need second sight to see when a player is  having a mare and Ngog was having a howler ...why leave it so late ? surely introducing Milan(rather than Cole ) would have snatched the initiative much earlier on
Bolton were under the cosh we could have smashed them out of sight the number of chances we were making

totally disagree mate about Lucas with you! & i quite look foward to your posts in general-so i have to say mate it's about opinions yet again cause you must have seen a different game to me in that respect. ffs the chance he missed mate fecking sums him up, you have to admit it was a chance a school boy would have scored cause it was harder to feck up a chance like that then score,but sadly he produces a finish that simply sums him up full stop!

that's why he's only scored (how many prem league goals) one i think,please correct me if i'm wrong!

feck all the bu11sh1t about what a players job role is etc,when presented with a chance like that-it should be buried end of.

as for un-sung hero,again mate i will agree to dis-agree.

i'm made up with the result! that is 3 fecking massive points,the performance in parts was great to see & the one big thing overall for me was the fact is that we beat a team who some on here think has a manager who is good enough to be our next manager!! that has really made me Laugh! ffs i want roy gone but if anyone thinks owen coyle is the answer -i will always have to dis-agree, not just after today it's about not fecking up again with a so called 'nice man' etc.

finally for me as much as i'm made up with the result, the attendance at today's game was fightening! it is clear indication that enough is enough,cause i for one can't remember an attendance that low at Anfield for a League game! not even under souness i don't think-that says it all for me!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:25 am

Gerrard simply the best yesterday, the love in with Torres is back on  :;): Torres back to his old self because Agger was back in the team instead of the hoof merchants partnership had been broken up, the greek & Skyrtel and Konchesky dumped complety out of it.

Need Agger to stay fit for the rest of the season.

Kenny to take over for the rest of the season then we can go into games with the belief of winning them home & away.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:10 am

Ciggy wrote:Need Agger to stay fit for the rest of the season.

Therein lies the problem.

A great centre back partnership needs reliability and I don't think we'll ever get that from Agger as he's simply too injury prone.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:41 am

Played much better, made up to see Danny back

Murder trying to get from Limestreeet to get home . Trains were all cancelled ,
Igors fault
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:04 pm

redhayesy wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:I thought Lucas was excellent earlier, because as soon as Gerrard was introduced he had to be our one holding midfielder ,and  constantly broke Bolton's play up allowing Gerrard a free role ...an unsung hero of the victory  ,but if I had to pick one outstanding candidate it would be Maxi.... possibly his best game for the reds ....also delighted with Agger's reintroduction back into our defence the Lads class ... then on the flip side we have Johnsons innate inability to defend ...... absolutely delighted with the three points and Gerrard finally giving us a performance in keeping with that of a captain ,but must he take every free kick or corner ? ...  decided to stay away from the game ,so it was an absolute knocker it was gonna be  a cracker... its always the way when you don't go 

totally disagree mate about Lucas with you! & i quite look foward to your posts in general-so i have to say mate it's about opinions yet again cause you must have seen a different game to me in that respect. ffs the chance he missed mate fecking sums him up, you have to admit it was a chance a school boy would have scored cause it was harder to feck up a chance like that then score,but sadly he produces a finish that simply sums him up full stop!

that's why he's only scored (how many prem league goals) one i think,please correct me if i'm wrong!

feck all the bu11sh1t about what a players job role is etc,when presented with a chance like that-it should be buried end of.

as for un-sung hero,again mate i will agree to dis-agree.

i'm made up with the result! that is 3 fecking massive points,the performance in parts was great to see & the one big thing overall for me was the fact is that we beat a team who some on here think has a manager who is good enough to be our next manager!! that has really made me Laugh! ffs i want roy gone but if anyone thinks owen coyle is the answer -i will always have to dis-agree, not just after today it's about not fecking up again with a so called 'nice man' etc.

finally for me as much as i'm made up with the result, the attendance at today's game was fightening! it is clear indication that enough is enough,cause i for one can't remember an attendance that low at Anfield for a League game! not even under souness i don't think-that says it all for me!

No problem mate we can just agree to disagree were Lucas is concerned ...but for me personally he does all the fetching and carrying not unlike Didi used to do for us ,he made space all day long for Gerrard and Rodriguez to run into by consistently breaking up Bolton's play ....it may not be pretty or stand out for some ,but every team needs one and he seems to do this on a consistent basis these days ....so for me I will always appreciate the unsung hero .... as for the chance yes he should have slotted but then it wasn't the only chance that went begging
As for the subject of Coyle as a potential manager ,the difference was there to see ...Coyle took Bolton to Anfield expecting to win even though his team was missing  their best midfielder (Holden ) he left Anfield disappointed would Hodgsons demeanour be the same mate ?
As for the attendance well I cant really comment because I opted to stay away myself ....I made the decision based on the Wolves game my Lad and myself had to endure
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games