Liverpool V Reading Saturday 20/10/2012 3:00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby The Hustler » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:03 pm

Benny The Noon » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:57 pm wrote:
The Hustler » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:45 pm wrote:Would not surprise me Benny.

Eventually, we will pay for consistently missing chances. Against a poor outfit like Reading, we can get away with it and ride our luck. Against Everton, Newcastle and Chelsea coming up, lets see if we get punished if we miss them again.

Where as you are clearly a WUM or a returning banned poster.

;) if only you knew the truth. :)
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby LFC1990 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:54 am

I sometimes think people will never stop moaning.

We're only 3 points behind Arsenal now :)

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:38 pm

3 pts in the bag thank f.luck
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Mikz » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:48 pm

its gonna take time to build a team , everyone knows that - people anaylizing every detail to a negative effect and forget we won the game
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:24 pm

Mikz » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:48 pm wrote:its gonna take time to build a team , everyone knows that - people anaylizing every detail to a negative effect and forget we won the game

it seems to me like we are always rebuilding, but when is it going to stop.
that squad we have is thin but our 1st 11 when available is decent enough. if we had someone as clinical as RVP we would be talking about winning the league never mind top 4.
i cant complain about suarez's inability to slot the ball home as its not like he ever had it here to begin with and having the responsibility of being the main man might just be a little overwhelming for him. he's a fantastic player but not a goalscorer and thats what needs to be brought in here in january, not another yesil or borini but more like dzeko,david villa,llorente or equivalent would do.
a half decent striker and we would easily make the top 4.
that game yesterday should have been put to bed by the 60th min and while im delighted we got the points, im not delighted that we just held on and against better opposition we might not have.
we only need 1 or 2 decent signings to be a top 4 team.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:27 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:24 pm wrote:
Mikz » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:48 pm wrote:its gonna take time to build a team , everyone knows that - people anaylizing every detail to a negative effect and forget we won the game

we only need 1 or 2 decent signings to be a top 4 team.

I agree,  a striker who can get 20 goals a season and a winger with a creative spark to play opposite Stirling...we'd be nailed on.  Our defence is sold, we're sell stocked in the middle of the park and Reina is (despite what some say) still a top keeper.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:02 pm

our finishing is still woeful but a win is a win and it's another clean sheet to boot. i thought brad jones was excellent and i hope his display gives reina a kick up the backside.

game should have been done and dusted at half time. oh and the referee was absolutely woeful again. there isn't a half decent one in the whole league.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:12 pm

I wouldn't call a defence that has let in 12 goals this season so far as solid. We need a lot more that 2 players.

We need a CB,LB, A creative player and two strikers. That's just for starters.
Benny The Noon

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:17 pm

Benny The Noon » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:12 pm wrote:I wouldn't call a defence that has let in 12 goals this season so far as solid. We need a lot more that 2 players.

We need a CB,LB, A creative player and two strikers. That's just for starters.

at this stage of the league last year we had the best defensive record and with the same personnel it can be just as good again. they have a new style to contend with and imo are still settling in to that system. they are improving but they will always be under pressure as long as we are fluffing everything at the other end of field.
while im not disagreeing that we couldnt do with strenghtening other areas like a centre half but a striker is a priority that needs to be addressed and quickly.
the rest is just tweaks along the way over time.
you seem to think a major overhaul is needed before we could even think of challenging for the cl spots when all we need is someone who can put away the countless, countless amount of chances we are creating and wasting.
if we had that then reading would have shut down by the second half and went into damage control.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games