LIVERPOOL VS STOKE CITY - Saturday 14th january 15.00pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby metalhead » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:31 pm

tubby wrote:
metalhead wrote:
tubby wrote:How did we play? All kidding aside, people need to wake up and realise 4th place is still some way off. We keep blowing chance after chance to close the gap but we never take them.

how was thailand mate?

Got the post holiday blues big time mate. Met someone amazing over there too am choking up being apart from her. Sucks.  :(

so when will you go back? tomorrow I presume? :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:31 pm

dawson99 wrote:
tubby wrote:
metalhead wrote:
tubby wrote:How did we play? All kidding aside, people need to wake up and realise 4th place is still some way off. We keep blowing chance after chance to close the gap but we never take them.

how was thailand mate?

Got the post holiday blues big time mate. Met someone amazing over there too am choking up being apart from her. Sucks.  :(

yeah... 'her'  :D

:D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:50 pm

Coates played well Gerrard played well Henderson played well Johnson played well Enrique played well

Should have had atleast 4 penalties

Howard Webb awful

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby dundreamin » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:51 pm

BRING BACK HOULLIER, BRING BACK EVANS, BRING BACK FAGAN,BRING BACK PAISLEY,BRING BACK SHANKLY
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby South East Kop » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:02 pm

Johnny Boy wrote:Just got back. Questionable selection and tactics.

Three centre half's marking one player and three full back's on the bench.

No creativity or flair at all against a very poor Stoke side.

Ok, i too have just got back and have to admit after all my frustrations at reading those slightly questionably negative posts of late, i have to admit my support wavered today.

I too fully agree with the above, why kk did not switch formation early on, or even after 20, 30, 35 mins etc etc instead of playing 3 at the back and not even encouraging any of them to step out.  To then hear on the radio kenny say they came for a point, i had to scratch my head as to why he decided to play a formation to play for a point as well.

And as for Andy Carroll, the perfect game for him and he didnt even start has to clearly say kenny has no faith in him.

More than a tad disapointed tonight. 

Still 100% behind kk and one game wont change that for me, just a tad confused right now as what he was thinking today.
South East Kop

Postby devaney » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:16 pm

Five fkg defenders against a 10 man Stoke defence. Very very odd. Maxi Carroll and Bellamy should have all started. Carragher and Coates  shouldn't !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:21 pm

I think we need some of the basics back (attack attack attack). Roy Evans, and Sammy Lee could help with showing the players a thing or two about that :rasp

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:23 pm

Kash_Mountain wrote:I think we need some of the basics back. Roy Evans, and Sammy Lee could help with showing the players a thing or two :rasp

We only need some cahones, pass and move, its the liverpool groove. We just need to push up, and attack. Even this game we had 11 corners to their one. All that says is we can't do it in the middle, just get pushed out wide. Need more central midfield help, more help attacking.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:27 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Kash_Mountain wrote:I think we need some of the basics back. Roy Evans, and Sammy Lee could help with showing the players a thing or two :rasp

We only need some cahones, pass and move, its the liverpool groove. We just need to push up, and attack. Even this game we had 11 corners to their one. All that says is we can't do it in the middle, just get pushed out wide. Need more central midfield help, more help attacking.

Exactly. 

I actually lost count of the number of corners we had, but I knew it was a lot. Thought we could have converted at least two of them....

1st half we passed it well but just lost momentum in the final third.  For this game, we could have done with Maxi (at least he is a little creative) and Bellamy from the start.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby stmichael » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:07 pm

Was perplexed when I heard the team and feared the worst. The team we selected just didn't have goals in it, especially with Suarez out and Bellamy and Maxi our two other biggest goal threats on the bench. Dirk Kuyt is not a lone striker.

The formation was not the problem for me, especially when we lacked so much quality in and around the final third. That lack of quality has nothing to do with the formation. Our crossing was really poor. Our movement was non existant. We don't commit any men forward from midfield. Gerrard was far too deep. I actually though Adam had one of his better games in recent weeks but even then he had nothing infront of him.

We still severely lack quality. It's ok banging on about our lack of goals (we do clearly need a finisher) but the creativity is also a worry for me against teams who park the bus. At least Swansea and Norwich came out and played and allowed us to create chances. Today we never looked like scoring in a million years.
Last edited by stmichael on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:17 pm

stmichael wrote:Was perplexed when I heard the team and feared the worst. The team we selected just didn't have goals in it, especially with Suarez out and Bellamy and Maxi our two other biggest goal threats on the bench. Dirk Kuyt is not a lone striker.

The formation was not the problem for me, especially when we lacked so much quality in and around the final third. That lack of quality has nothing to do with the formation. Our crossing was really poor. Our movement was non existant. We don't commit any men forward from midfield. Gerrard was far too deep. I actually though Adam had one of his better games in recent weeks but even then he had nothing infront of him.

We still severely lack quality. It's ok banging on about our lack of goals (we do clearly need a finisher) but the creativity is also a worry for me against teams who park the bus. At least Swansea and Norwich came out and played and allowed us to create chances. Today we never looked like scoring in a million years.

exactly, I felt the same way as well, we just lack quality.

Comolli/KD have a lot to answer for their signings they made in the summer because we still aren't good enough.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:29 pm

metalhead wrote:Comolli/KD have a lot to answer for their signings they made in the summer because we still aren't good enough.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. At the time I don't think anybody was complaining about Carroll coming in even though everyone knew he was nowhere near a £35m player. We sign Suarez to play with Torres and then Torres slaps in a transfer request a day before the deadline. At that stage you have to ask who we realistically could of got of the required quality who would be willing to come to us considering we had no CL football at the time. Those banging on about Aguero were living in cloud cuckoo land given his wages.

Downing just leaves me scratching my head. He was brilliant for Villa last year yet seems to have lost all confidence in his own ability. He looks frightened to take anybody on and offers very little. He should have been subbed more frequently than he has been and yet today he got taken off when he was the most likely to supply Carroll when he came on. Strange.

Adam as I said played better today but has been nowhere near as effective since Lucas got injured. He's still had his fair share of excellent games though although his set pieces have regressed badly. All in all he's worth about what we paid for him imo. Henderson is still a kid who has a lot of potential and has been forced to play more regularly than was originally planned due to injuries and suspensions in that area of the pitch, not to mention the last minute departure pf Meireles.

Enrique and Bellamy were both steals. All in all a mixed bag.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:21 am

on a sidenote, i officially retire from starting match threads. the last one i started was spurs :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:31 am

We stumble on into obscurity.    :(
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:00 am

Every team coming to Anfield will feel happy as they are guaranteed a point atleast.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games