Aston Villa V Liverpool - Saturday 17th January KO 3pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:49 am

Never underestimate the importance a settled defence can have on a keeper ,I thought Mignolet was superb ,and Emre Can is an absolute monster of a player all in all
we thoroughly deserved the points and moment of the match came with Lamberts delightful little drag back to give himself room for the slot.

Another three points and two of our new signings starting to prove that the time and money spent in negotiations for their respective signatures was well worth the wait.

Only real head scratcher was wasting a substitution by replacing Moreno with the gloved Enrique ,and maybe taking Borini who despite his goal wasted a glut of chances
off a bit sooner,the lads a willing enough worker ,but never a striker with enough quality to play for this team.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:57 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:49 pm wrote:Never underestimate the importance a settled defence can have on a keeper ,I thought Mignolet was superb ,and Emre Can is an absolute monster of a player all in all
we thoroughly deserved the points and moment of the match came with Lamberts delightful little drag back to give himself room for the slot.

Another three points and two of our new signings starting to prove that the time and money spent in negotiations for their respective signatures was well worth the wait.

Only real head scratcher was wasting a substitution by replacing Moreno with the gloved Enrique ,and maybe taking Borini who despite his goal wasted a glut of chances
off a bit sooner,the lads a willing enough worker ,but never a striker with enough quality to play for this team.

Agree RBG things are looking on the up once we get Lallana and Sturridge up front.

We need to get more game time into Can, Moreno and Markovic and hopefully we make a assault on the top 4 in the last 3-4 months of the season.

Lambert and Borini even though they scored should not be in our starting XI.

I had check the replay a few times to actually verify that Borini had scored  :laugh:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:32 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:49 pm wrote:Never underestimate the importance a settled defence can have on a keeper ,I thought Mignolet was superb ,and Emre Can is an absolute monster of a player all in all

Enrique is more defensively sound than Moreno. As much as I like Moreno, at one point he was chasing shadows and alot of Villa's penetration came from his side...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:35 am

eds » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:57 pm wrote:

Agree RBG things are looking on the up once we get Lallana and Sturridge up front.

We need to get more game time into Can, Moreno and Markovic and hopefully we make a assault on the top 4 in the last 3-4 months of the season.

Lambert and Borini even though they scored should not be in our starting XI.

I had check the replay a few times to actually verify that Borini had scored  :laugh:

:D
I think the precision of Henderson's sweetly hit cross was so succinct even Borini couldn't fail to score ,especially with Borini going on to prove it was a complete
fluke with his further involvement spurning  a veritable glut of chances.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:44 am

maguskwt » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:32 am wrote:

Enrique is more defensively sound than Moreno. As much as I like Moreno, at one point he was chasing shadows and alot of Villa's penetration came from his side...

Enrique, and the term 'defensively sound' should never be used in the same sentence ,there exists many anomalies in his current game that are a departure from what is
expected from a Liverpool defender that makes your appraisal frankly bemusing.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:18 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:44 am wrote:
maguskwt » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:32 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:49 pm wrote:
Enrique, and the term 'defensively sound' should never be used in the same sentence ,there exists many anomalies in his current game that are a departure from what is
expected from a Liverpool defender that makes your appraisal frankly bemusing.

If you did not see that Moreno was chasing shadows in the 2nd half defensively, I dont know what to say. He was very good going forward, but defensively he was struggling in the 2nd half.He was over committing himself and the villa players were easily side stepping him. Enrique was one of the most defensively sound players before his injuries. After his injuries, he did lose some of his sharpness probably due to lack of playing time. When he came on, he stood his ground, did not over committing ando managed to control the left side penetrations.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:30 pm

He was introduced in the 71st minute mate ,by which time we had managed to stave off Villas threat and were taking control of the game again  ???
His one point of note was his pass inside for Coutinho ,other than that I fail to see what he did defensively as we were back on the attack from before
his introduction .....Villa only had two shots on goal both long range from Delph 'after' the first 25 minutes when they applied some concerted pressure
putting all of our defenders under pressure ,not just Moreno.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games