Liverpool V Reading Saturday 20/10/2012 3:00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby The_Rock » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:24 pm

heimdall » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:01 pm wrote:I thought we dominated most of the game and with more clinical finishing it could have 4 or even 5-0.I  was a bit concerned how we lost control towards the end of the second half though but that's what happens when you bring on Henderson

I don't think its hendo fault.....we lost control of midfield. Its becos sahin was substituted.

1)Shelvey is not really a central midfielder...
2)Gerrard sucks badly when he is asked to play deeper.

Due to the above reasons...reading managed to take control of the midfield. Hope BR realises that can't play a deeper role in central midfield.

So we can only hope allen and sahin don't get injured until lucas comes back.

Anyway....thank god we won. At this moment..we need points on the board rather than performance.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:28 pm

Yes we won our first home PL game of the season. And that is where the good news end. My goodness, that was a below par and sometimes esp. in the 2nd half we played like amateurs. TBH, I thought Reading would snatch a draw in the last half an hour but thank goodness they didn't because their finishing was just like Liverpool. When McClearly was clear on goal with only Jones to beat his effort was just like Suarez's.

In the first half, ball possession and domination was okay but the passing was poor compared to our previous games. Sahin didn't play well. Suarez is good at assists but to ask him to play as central striker, you are finished. He squandered so many half chances today which Fowler/Owen/Torres would have put away. Were we too desperate for a home win when leading 1-0 and preferred to defend the lead in the 2nd half? The 2nd half performance was s.hit.

I like Wisdom and he should play more often. Jones looked very confident and solid between the sticks. So our goal scoring problem will continue to haunt us at least until the January window opens.I know we will struggle to score between now and end of this calendar year. Not looking forward to the derby, Chelsea and Newcastle game.
alwayslfc

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:53 pm

its 3 points in the bag and im happy to get them even if the performance was somewhat lacking, gerrard and johnson were playing for england 48 hrs ago.
still disapointed that we were squandering chances and found ourselves holding on at the end when we should have been out of sight by the 60th minute.
all that will be remembered though is the 3 points :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:57 pm

heimdall » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:01 pm wrote:I thought we dominated most of the game and with more clinical finishing it could have 4 or even 5-0.I  was a bit concerned how we lost control towards the end of the second half though but that's what happens when you bring on Henderson

Henderson played around 5 mins muppet

The control went when Sahin went off
Benny The Noon

Postby Roger Red Hat » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:00 pm

sgs » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:18 pm wrote:
tubby » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:55 pm wrote:
sgs » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:53 pm wrote:No enough questions are being asked of BR...

Too much is been made of his philosophy and not enough is being asked of its execution.

Er no use asking questions of the execution as it's plain as day BR does not have the personel to execute. Not to mention Suarez wastes so many chances.

Thats what we keep telling ourselves!

At what point do we begin to look at what is being done NOW with what we have, NOT what we should have?

We couldn't control the game for much of the 2HF. Yes we missed chances, but thats not have anything to do with the loss of control.

Plus we had Wisdom hopelessly overmatched, doubled and sometimes tripled on the overload, with zero response...

He took too long to sub Suso who was ineffective for much of the 2HF, yet subbed Sahin wtr we lost control...

and we win but you still have to drag us all down. your a scummer I'm sure of that.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:01 pm

The Hustler » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:37 am wrote:
The Raven » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:07 am wrote:
The Hustler » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:49 am wrote:At home V reading today. Off to the match today to watch us from the Centenery Stand.

If we can't beat these, then we might as well pack it all in and start and ice hockey team instead.

No win today, and that will be one win in 8, which means I will have to rip Brendan Rodgers to shreds in these forums afterwards in true Hustler style.

Hopefully though, a win.

Get down and Boogie!! :)

LMAO! I cant wait! One day i must go to a game with you, endless fun!

At least one person on this forum likes me ;) :)

I will be still be posting during the match for all you fellow posters, from my smartphone.

Are you Norwegian?
Thommo's perm

Postby Roger Red Hat » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:03 pm

nah, he's from a place called 'Toss', the people there are refered to as 'T@ssers'.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:18 pm

We scraped a win but its three points and the first one at home this season.
We are basically playing with a scratch side so lets not expect too much eh? Suarez is infuriatingly frustrating with his wastefulness but Im so glad hes there.
Overall it was ok but stop going on that it was "only" Reading. We have struggled against the so called "lesser" clubs and have been turned over before today.
Were 11th now. Onward and upwards!
Thommo's perm

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:41 pm

Thommo's perm » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:18 pm wrote:We scraped a win but its three points and the first one at home this season.
We are basically playing with a scratch side so lets not expect too much eh?

Sorry Thommo, , "basically playing with a scratch side" , what am I missing ?

OK, apart from Reina and Lucas out through injury, in what way were we playing with a "scratch" side ? Seems to me that the entire squad were available.

Lets not look for excuses mate and just own up to the fact that in terms of quality we've got fk all in the first 11 or in reserve.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Eagle » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:20 pm

A win that gives us 7 points out of a possible 9 and everyone is moaning? A vital 3 points and a clean sheet so I’m pretty content.  Suarez was wasteful once again and once again we lost our way in the second half but it’s great to see it through and get the 3 points. Teams who have a lot of players away during the international break normally struggle against those who get 2 weeks to prepare with most of their starting 11, so I’m glad we ground out the win.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:22 pm

on more than one occasion this season we havent had the rewards that our performances merited so it`s nice to see that we dont have to play like the real madrid team of the 50`s or the brazil team circa 1970 to win 3 points.
it`s good to see we can actually grind out results.
saying that it should have been a lot more comfortable than it was, suarez and shelvey in particular should have really scored.
mind you i dont think reading are quite the no hopers that they`re portrayed to be, against chelsea earlier on in the season they played really well and chelsea needed a goalkeeping error and a ridiculous off side decision to scrape a win and readings last 2 results prior to today were draws against swansea and newcastle.
i was impressed by jones again this afternoon, he is really assured under the high ball and tends to catch crosses instead of punching them.
i know we rode our luck a bit once or twice at the back but it was nice to get another clean sheet as well, thats 2 on the bounce now. i dont want to tempt fate but we look like we are cutting out the individual errors at the back.
arsenal are most peoples favourites to get 4th place but they are only 2 places and 3 points ahead of us on level games. everton in 4th are only 5 points ahead, although admittedly they have a game in hand. a win in the derby next week should sort that out though.
we have undoubtably had a poor start but the situation is not irretrievable.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby The Hustler » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:53 pm

Roger Red Hat » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:03 pm wrote:

nah, he's from a place called 'Toss', the people there are refered to as 'T@ssers'.

Thats rich coming from you.

Why do you even exist on this forum?
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:57 pm

The Hustler » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:53 pm wrote:
Roger Red Hat » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:03 pm wrote:

Thats rich coming from you.

Why do you even exist on this forum?

To insult people and pretend he is ITK
Benny The Noon

Postby The Hustler » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:45 pm

Would not surprise me Benny.

Eventually, we will pay for consistently missing chances. Against a poor outfit like Reading, we can get away with it and ride our luck. Against Everton, Newcastle and Chelsea coming up, lets see if we get punished if we miss them again.
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:57 pm

The Hustler » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:45 pm wrote:Would not surprise me Benny.

Eventually, we will pay for consistently missing chances. Against a poor outfit like Reading, we can get away with it and ride our luck. Against Everton, Newcastle and Chelsea coming up, lets see if we get punished if we miss them again.

Where as you are clearly a WUM or a returning banned poster.
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games