LIVERPOOL vs Ar$enal - Sat 8th Feb 2014 - KO: 12.45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby fivecups » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:04 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:50 pm wrote:I really don't relish the thought of watching as we sit back and allow Arsenal the lions share of the ball ,because we're simply too deficient at the back, and
have a ridiculously inadequate midfield .. ...So, I'm absolutely delighted Flamini is out for this one ,because his performances thus far have been monstrous.

If Rodgers sets us up to push forward and attack from the off , then we have an outside chance ,flimsy but nevertheless more of a chance if we continue
with this foolhardy notion we can afford visiting teams a disproportionate amount of possession, especially ones as clinical as Arsenal.

Liverpool 1 Arsenal 0 and such a scoreline demands an ominous performance from the redmen.

Key player ,Coutinho,this kid when he's on blob is a veritable game turner.....We need a passing master class from this lad tomorrow to have any chance.

:buttrock YNWA

RBG, how you can turn this post into an 'I told you so', I'll never know.  :D  :D
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:08 pm

devaney » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:24 pm wrote:Cracking post RBG. Sums up the match brilliantly.

Just cannot understand why some brainless prat in the front row of the lower tier of the Centenary Stand had to have a go at one of the Arsenal players in such a disgustingly foul mouthed manner. Got to say if it was up to me I would ban him from the ground for life. I could begin to understand it if we were losing or if Arsenal had been playing a dirty game but that was not the case. We were winning 5-0 at the time and had administered a footballing lesson of immense proportions to the league leaders. No need for garbage supporters like that. I just hope he was an Arsenal supporter !!

Never seen that mate ,which block ? Did you hear the old songs being revived ,haven't heard 'show me' being sung that loud for a while but it still
sounded timeless. As for the supporter then he marred what was two sets of ardent supporters bouncing off each other with mutual respect.

Anyway I can find out as I have a mate who works as a steward ,he has his whole family working at Anfield even his bird.....Obsessed  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:15 pm

What an incredible 20 mins today.

I felt like John Cusack in Hot Tub Time Machine, briefly transported back to the glorious 80s.

They where all terrific but young kids Sterling and Flano amazing, and the latter is surely putting pressure
on Johnson now. The kid hasn't put a foot wrong in two big games and in different positions.

It will upset the southern biased media this and Arsenal where flattered at 5-1.

Pleased to hear Rodgers name ring around Anfield with real feeling today, genuine acceptance.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:17 pm

fivecups » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:04 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:50 pm wrote:I really don't relish the thought of watching as we sit back and allow Arsenal the lions share of the ball ,because we're simply too deficient at the back, and
have a ridiculously inadequate midfield .. ...So, I'm absolutely delighted Flamini is out for this one ,because his performances thus far have been monstrous.

If Rodgers sets us up to push forward and attack from the off , then we have an outside chance ,flimsy but nevertheless more of a chance if we continue
with this foolhardy notion we can afford visiting teams a disproportionate amount of possession, especially ones as clinical as Arsenal.

Liverpool 1 Arsenal 0 and such a scoreline demands an ominous performance from the redmen.

Key player ,Coutinho,this kid when he's on blob is a veritable game turner.....We need a passing master class from this lad tomorrow to have any chance.

:buttrock YNWA

RBG, how you can turn this post into an 'I told you so', I'll never know.  :D  :D

:D I was shitting the proverbial brick today mate at the prospect of a hiding  ,but as soon as I sat in amongst the Kop the fear subsided .

Anyway , I did say if Coutinho weaved his considerable magic and if we delivered an ominous performance then we would emerge the victors  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:20 pm

I don't think any team could have lived with us the first 20 minutes.

Fantastic result. Fantastic performance.

I am a ambulance driver, and listened in on the radio. I think my shouting May have upset a few patients!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:31 pm

First 20 minutes is probably the best I've ever seen from a Liverpool side. Brought back memories of Juventus in 2005.

Immense every single one of them.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby fivecups » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:54 pm

stmichael » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:31 pm wrote:First 20 minutes is probably the best I've ever seen from a Liverpool side. Brought back memories of Juventus in 2005.

It really did.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:42 am

fivecups » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:54 pm wrote:
stmichael » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:31 pm wrote:First 20 minutes is probably the best I've ever seen from a Liverpool side. Brought back memories of Juventus in 2005.

It really did.

What I love about that gif of suarez's effort is the way so much is happening in one clip, firstly I love the way skrtel puts his hands on his head twice in quick succession and also the way kolo and hendo end up looking at each other in almost total disbelief when kolo's scuffed effort goes wide
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:52 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:08 pm wrote:
devaney » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:24 pm wrote:Cracking post RBG. Sums up the match brilliantly.

Just cannot understand why some brainless prat in the front row of the lower tier of the Centenary Stand had to have a go at one of the Arsenal players in such a disgustingly foul mouthed manner. Got to say if it was up to me I would ban him from the ground for life. I could begin to understand it if we were losing or if Arsenal had been playing a dirty game but that was not the case. We were winning 5-0 at the time and had administered a footballing lesson of immense proportions to the league leaders. No need for garbage supporters like that. I just hope he was an Arsenal supporter !!

Never seen that mate ,which block ? Did you hear the old songs being revived ,haven't heard 'show me' being sung that loud for a while but it still
sounded timeless. As for the supporter then he marred what was two sets of ardent supporters bouncing off each other with mutual respect.

Anyway I can find out as I have a mate who works as a steward ,he has his whole family working at Anfield even his bird.....Obsessed  :D

Yeah amazing atmosphere.

The culprit was in the front row towards the Anfield Road end. Not sure of the block.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:32 am

Just to add to insult Mr Wenger had a little accident after that mauling by us, fell flat on his backside. It must be the worst day this whole season for the French bugger...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ar ... er-3126983
killerp

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:31 am

I love than man. Deep down, he is and always will be a true Liverpool supporter.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:24 am

What a fkn game!!!!!!!

Sterling just keeps getting better and better, if he improves his finishing we will simply have the best attacking front line ON THE PLANET.

Spoke to a friend who is a Gooner and he is still off with the stunned fairies after that performance, is convinced that the reason they got beaten so bad is because they played..........poorly  :blush:

Kind of sums up the lot of them, a deluded brigade who haven't won anything in 9 years and still consider the old frog to be the messiah.    :laugh:

Lets knock the stuffing out of these arrogant p**cks and truly end their season next weekend by beating them in the cup!  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby fivecups » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:39 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:42 pm wrote:
fivecups » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:54 pm wrote:

It really did.

What I love about that gif of suarez's effort is the way so much is happening in one clip, firstly I love the way skrtel puts his hands on his head twice in quick succession and also the way kolo and hendo end up looking at each other in almost total disbelief when kolo's scuffed effort goes wide

Absolutely YC! I nearly collapsed when Suarez did that. I have to say, and I feel a bit guilty about it TBH, but Michael Owen is starting to grow on me, his punditry was pretty spot on during the match yesterday, particularly when Suarez had that shot.

Just watched the match again, those first 20 minutes get better every time I watch them. I'll buy the DVD if someone makes it.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:38 pm

Another match thread I started, another stunning game which we win at a canter. Just saying
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:15 pm

Got this off Facebook, and this is from a Gooner

Since Arsenal Last Won A Trophy:

- They've Spent £227,500,000 on players.
- 52 of 92 football league clubs have won a trophy.
- Arsene Wenger has earned £63.5 million pounds in wages.
- The planet Mercury has orbited the Sun 32 times.
- London won the rights to host the olympics, rebuilt Straford and then hosted the event.
- Twitter has been created and gained 500 million users.
- Over 1,000,000,000 people have been born.
- Juventus have been relegated, promoted and won back to back league titles.
- Ex Arsenal Players have won 44 medals.
- Pep Guardiola retired as a player, became a manager, won 16 trophies with Barceloona, took a year break, returned as a manager and won 2 trophies with Bayern Munich
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games