LIVERPOOL vs Hull - 1 Jan 2014 - 3pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:04 pm

3 points well deserved. It was important that we performed well in this game after those 2 defeats. Back in the top 4  :buttrock

f*cking Everton and Arsenal saved their asses in the final minutes.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:14 pm

3 points in the bag and a clean sheet  :buttrock
a nice way to kick off 2014  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:53 pm

What a brilliant run from Coutinho towards the end. Shame he didn't score :(

A very scrappy and nervous game.  Glad that we won and kept a clean sheet at last. Disappointed that our rivals didn't drop points themselves. Was expecting more from Swansea and Cardiff put up a very good fight until Arsenal's top dog Bendter came in and rescued them. Surely he's due a pay raise ???

Is our next game a cup game?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:45 pm

maypax our next game is against oldham in the F.A cup on sunday.
re todays game, not our best performance of the season by any means but it was important to get back on track after 2 defeats on the bounce.
i think we are looking a bit weary after having so many tough games in a short space of time so i hope rodgers rotates his squad on sunday. i know fielding a `lesser team` cost us last year against oldham with the likes of coates, robinson and borini having a bit of a mare but the prem must be our number 1 priority with so much riding on us making the top 4.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:18 pm

Good win and we shouldn't take any victory for granted, our home form now is pretty solid which is a big step forward.

First half of this season was our toughest with the big hitters all taken on away so if we maintain this form its reasonable to assume we have a good
chance of staying in the top 4 now.

We have coped with injuries and suspensions extremely well considering squad size and I just hope we have the ambition to recruit any top class players
available this month to enhance our prospects of success.

Top class holding midfielder would be my priority and a game changer in the forward line.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:20 am

Great start to the year  :buttrock
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:06 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:45 pm wrote:re todays game, not our best performance of the season by any means but it was important to get back on track after 2 defeats on the bounce.
i think we are looking a bit weary after having so many tough games in a short space of time so i hope rodgers rotates his squad on sunday. i know fielding a `lesser team` cost us last year against oldham with the likes of coates, robinson and borini having a bit of a mare but the prem must be our number 1 priority with so much riding on us making the top 4.

Think Suarez may (and should) be rested for Sundays game. He's come in for some especially rough treatment these last few games as opposition teams become increasingly desperate trying to find ways to stop him.

Rodgers revealed that Suarez almost didn't play against Hull as he has an injury to the top of his foot but the striker insisted he wanted to play and took to the field with his foot tightly strapped.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby eds » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:38 am

Great win, but f**k me why was that fat watermelon head Bruce not sent off.

Foot high tackle to the chest should have warranted a 2nd yellow, another week, another crucial decision against us.  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:29 pm

I've missed a routine win at home with a clean sheet. That was Liverpool's first 2-0 win since december 2011.

Were always in control. Henderson excellent again. Coutinho likewise but the lad can't shoot for toffee.  :D 

Don't get me started on the "refereeing" or lack of it.

Onwards and upwards.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games