Palace vs LIVERPOOL - Mon 5th May 2014 - KO 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby parchpea » Tue May 06, 2014 4:14 pm

Analyse all we want but all that happened is we went sh*t or bust on winning by 5 or 6 and bust in spectacular
fashion by shipping 3 instead.

Lessons to learn but rather play in the positive way we have all season and stick to our principles which has
got us this far.

Club knows the defence is suspect which is exactly why we try and out score teams.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue May 06, 2014 5:50 pm

Boocity » Tue May 06, 2014 2:41 pm wrote:
mramo » Tue May 06, 2014 10:42 am wrote:
leeroy74 » Tue May 06, 2014 9:10 am wrote:ha ha some beauts on here. get ya calculators out ya sorry shower of sh!tes...   city lose wednesday or saturday and we win against the toonies...   we win the league.
even 2 draws for city will do us
go figure.

I'm guessing that you're the only person on this forum that has used this calculator to calculate the points gap rather than calculating the probability of City drawing 2 games in a row; OR losing a game by 18:00 Sunday.

Perhaps you have also forgotten Man City are heavily resourced leading up to the last two games playing against two teams that have nothing to play for this season, and both games are played at the Ethiad. We therefore rely on an outside miracle. City losing a game is easy said, but unlikely to occur.

So what your saying is that even if we had won last night then city would still win the league as they will win their two games.
thats it
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue May 06, 2014 7:21 pm

Still can't believe that yesterday happened. f*cking hell!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue May 06, 2014 7:29 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 06, 2014 1:02 am wrote:
Fowler_E7 » Mon May 05, 2014 11:53 pm wrote:
Not denying the midfield didnt there job but Skrtel chose to do was absolutely ridiculous, he completely vacated his position and left the free man with acres of space in the box to put it in the net. Absolute school boy stuff

If he carried a crystal ball around with him on the pitch and could foresee that the Palace player was going to flick it on then I'm sure he would have held his position, but otherwise he had no option but to go and close down that player.
He was left in a situation where he was trying to cover 2 men on his own, Sakho was marking someone himself so he couldn't help, where were our 2 holding midfielders?

This is true. Though Skrtel isn't blameless, he panicked a bit. But I can't blame him, I think that he was the only one that did some actual defending in that game.

It's not the third goal that I'm worried about though, it was going to come as soon as we conceded the second. But what the hell happened for the second goal? Why was everyone forward for that f*cking corner? We were 2 goals up with 10 minutes to go!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Wed May 07, 2014 9:01 am

I can only guess the plan was 'goal difference'. so even at 3-1 we chuck everyone forward. I actually quite like the gung-ho style we've adopted. Lets face it, under a manager like Rafa as soon as Allen scored the first we'd have had 10 men behind the ball, shut up shop and played it hoping not to concede. At least we got a gripping game!
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games