Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Santa » Mon May 05, 2014 10:21 pm

We missed Carra tonight...
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon May 05, 2014 10:25 pm

Incredible really and haunting memories of our FA Cup semi final defeat by Palace many years ago.

You cant expect to win anything capitulating like that but it was extraordinary and following Gerrards slip maybe just not meant to be.

Not over though and still a chance if City get complacent and if not congratulations to them and weve still given it one hell of a go against the odds.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Mon May 05, 2014 10:25 pm

This might actually help, City May get complacent and think it's won and lose to villa

On another note, we should have played with continuo from the start and just gone all out attack in the 1st half, palace were there for the taking. Also I thought it was a big mistake taking both sterling and Sturridge off without bringing on a defender
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon May 05, 2014 10:25 pm

And Moses could have rescued at the end and takes a fkg air shot !! BR has done a remarkable job with a handful of quality players.

A truly ridiculous night.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Mon May 05, 2014 10:26 pm

And maybe it all sets up to an Andy Carrol winning header in the 93rd minute....Who knows...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 05, 2014 10:34 pm

We have looked a tired side for weeks IMO, the players have given everything this season and have just come up a bit short.
The loss of Hendo was massive as well, Gerrard and Lucas are plodders these days and when games become stretched opposition players just breeze past them.
I'd just like to thank Brendan and the lads for their efforts this season, some of the football and the results have been breathtaking.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon May 05, 2014 10:43 pm

a few of you's on here seem top be taking it well, a lot better than me anyway.
it was a 3 fooking goal lead and we $hit all over it, absolutely gutted watching it crumble in front of us.
we need to learn how to shut up shop and rodgers  should have brought on a defender when it went to 3.2 not viktor moses.
mathematically its still possible but we just lifted serious pressure off citeh's shoulders
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon May 05, 2014 10:46 pm

Moses on....AT ALL ! WTF Brendan?
Needed to shore up the defence at that point, not bring on a donkey like Moses.
Serious questions due now and over the summer. I'd reinforce the back 4 and 2 midfielders. Dunno if Brendan knows enough about the defensive side of the game. I'd suggest bringing Sami back now he's out of a job at Leverkusen
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 05, 2014 10:54 pm

red till i die!! » Mon May 05, 2014 9:43 pm wrote:a few of you's on here seem top be taking it well, a lot better than me anyway.
it was a 3 fooking goal lead and we $hit all over it, absolutely gutted watching it crumble in front of us.
we need to learn how to shut up shop and rodgers  should have brought on a defender when it went to 3.2 not viktor moses.
mathematically its still possible but we just lifted serious pressure off citeh's shoulders

The league went last weekend mate, the players have given us everything they had this season, can't ask for anymore than that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Mon May 05, 2014 10:55 pm

bunglemark2 » Mon May 05, 2014 9:46 pm wrote:Moses on....AT ALL ! WTF Brendan?
Needed to shore up the defence at that point, not bring on a donkey like Moses.
Serious questions due now and over the summer. I'd reinforce the back 4 and 2 midfielders. Dunno if Brendan knows enough about the defensive side of the game. I'd suggest bringing Sami back now he's out of a job at Leverkusen

Easy on the Ganja man. BR took us a step from one of the biggest upsets in English football in decades and you call for his replacement??. If the man could get some support from the back-office ,just think of the outrageous Jan Transfer window ,he would produce a contending and a winning team for many years to come.

After you chill a bit go over the Liverpool Roster and tell me that's the face of PL League winners. (Or maybe it is..let's wait another week).
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon May 05, 2014 10:56 pm

We have been magnificent this season,exceeded all expectations and have achieved what we set out to do at the beginning. We've played the best football in the league and I don't want to be too hard on the lad's but at 3-0 up with only 15 mins left at Palace, it really is hard to take. I just couldn't imagine City or Chelsea letting that happen in the business end of the season. Going to be very difficult now unless City really throw it away. Maybe it was just a little early for us and lacked that experience with this group of players but this season has been absolutely magnificent and can really push on from this
Doeboy

Postby red till i die!! » Mon May 05, 2014 11:28 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 05, 2014 10:54 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Mon May 05, 2014 9:43 pm wrote:a few of you's on here seem top be taking it well, a lot better than me anyway.

The league went last weekend mate, the players have given us everything they had this season, can't ask for anymore than that.

last week probably will end up being the one that cost us most but not if they end up pulling a draw in one of their remaining 2, it will be the one where we threw away a 3.0 lead.
as good as the season has been and even at the latter stages throwing away a lead like that is criminal
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Mon May 05, 2014 11:40 pm

Totally in shock.

That really is the way to throw the title away. Agreed we looked a bit tired and burnt out throughout, but we put in a good performance, and as Carra says when our third went in we were all thinking about getting to 6 or 7. When it was 3-1 the players and the manager should have reacted faster. That was the time to shut up shop. Agger should have come on and Stevie and Lucas shut up the midfield. Having said that the number of errors for the goals was almost unthinkable. Johnston was so slow to get out, Coutinho should have taken the player out, Johnston again did nothing, Flanno had one player to mark and failed completely, Skrtel came out and missed the ball..... it goes on and on. The players were out on their feet in the last fifteen minutes.

Rodgers has been immense and I've no problem with the way we played for the Chelsea game but the Moses sub was a huge mistake. The sad think is we could have had eight today as well.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon May 05, 2014 11:40 pm

Oh well. It was fun whilst it lasted.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon May 05, 2014 11:41 pm

Fowler_E7 » Mon May 05, 2014 8:59 pm wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Mon May 05, 2014 8:57 pm wrote:
Fowler_E7 » Mon May 05, 2014 8:55 pm wrote:Still rate Martin Skrtel now do we people  :laugh:  :laugh:

Zzzzzzz

Change the record

Why he just cost us the league title with a mistake i wouldnt expect a 12 year old to make

Cost us the league title? Are you sure son.

Because the reality was even without any Skrtel errors tonight we were highly unlikely to win the league.

That horse bolted last week.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games