LIVERPOOL vs Ar$enal - Sat 8th Feb 2014 - KO: 12.45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby babu » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:52 pm

Thank you thank you redmen!! Thank you Brendan Rodgers. This beats the spurs game for me this season.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:58 pm

babu » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:52 pm wrote:Thank you thank you redmen!! Thank you Brendan Rodgers. This beats the spurs game for me this season.

By a mile ! looked like we would score every time we had the ball. Arsenal were shattered within the first 10 minutes.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:15 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:49 pm wrote:
devaney » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:29 pm wrote:Just hope the owner bashers are feeling slightly better  :grinning:

:Oo:

Yeah it was so good to see the owners at what could be a season defining game  :buttrock

OH  :lookaround , wait a minute, they weren't there   :down:

Stop doing a "Betty" and for now let's just stick to talking about what the team did on the pitch today.

Who the fks Betty? Wash your mouth out !!! Using such foul language on such a momentous day  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:07 pm

Gutted I'm on a stretch of night shifts and had to sleep through the game today, what a win though!!!

Skrtel scoring two?!  WTF.

10 point gap on the scum now, get in!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:11 pm

JC_81 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:07 pm wrote:Gutted I'm on a stretch of night shifts and had to sleep through the game today, what a win though!!!

Skrtel scoring two?!  WTF.

10 point gap on the scum now, get in!

Mate you should be ashamed of yourself, sleeping when we're on the telly, you missed maybe the best 20 minutes of football we've ever played    :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:24 pm

Have to laugh at the media saying that it wasn't us that were good, it was Arsenal that were bad. I could agree to an extent if they said this about the Spurs game, but this time we definitely made Arsenal look bad.

I don't think that non-Liverpool fans realize yet that making teams do mistakes and misplace passes that lead to goals (we call it pressure) is probably our strongest weapon.

This was definitely our best game of the season.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:34 pm

Magic! Couldn't resist posting. Absolutely buzzin' :)
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Boocity » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:37 pm

Boocity » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:11 am wrote:
killerp » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:16 am wrote:We have not beaten any of the current top 3 teams all season.

We have been beaten by all the current top 3 teams (Away)

So far no signs that we can step up to match or better them & get all 3 points, nor do I expect to with our injury depleted squad & no new additions.

3-1 Arsenal win

We got beat away at arsenal early season and we were really unlucky against man City and could have got something out of the chelsea game. lately we seem to up our form for percieved difficult games, Spurs away, Everton home and stoke away. I reckon we will be totally up for this and we will see another of those Everton/Spurs performances. 3-1 us :rasp

Oh ye of little faith to all those who were predicting an Arsenal win, fookin brilliant redmen  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:07 pm

Great result, and we could have had a few more as well. That Suarez shot at goal, what a strike!

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby only me » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:08 pm

only me » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:08 pm wrote:There is no other way than going Stoke on their a$$ ,Meaning being physically aggressive and no let downs.
If we can sustain pressure we can squeeze a narrow 3-0. (Toure ,Skertel And Cissoko to score)

If anyone wants the lottery numbers i'll send him on PM.  :grinning:
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby crim cram » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:03 pm

So dominant!!!   :bowdown  the entire attacking front!
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:20 pm

That's 3 times now I have been absolutely convinced that we were going to get tonked and we've ended being the side doing the tonking!
That opening 20 minutes has to be one of the best opening quarters to a football game that I have ever seen, we absolutely blitzed them, it's no exaggeration to say that we could have been 6 or 7 up in that opening period.
There was so many great performances that it's almost unfair to single players out but I thought coutinho and sterling were absolutely superb but as I say everyone chipped in even the unsung hero's like flanno, I thought he was great and to be fair to cissokho he has been solid for a few weeks now.
It's just a pity that we dropped those points to Villa and West Brom because otherwise we'd be right in the title hunt now, City's last 5 away games are Arsenal, United, Liverpool, Palace and Everton and as good as city are anything could happen there but Chelsea's run in looks as good if not better than ours so we could be just a little too far back.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:50 pm

Coutinho's passing was a thing of beauty ,I don't think I have ever seen such vision since we watched a certain Pablo Aimar grace Anfield in
Valencia white..... What a f*cking little genius ,the heads of Arsenals Spanish midfield contingent will still be spinning when they sit down
for their Gazpacho this evening.

Gerrard was brilliant and its a welcome return to something resembling the Gerrard of old ,even the penalty can be forgiven because I have
sorely missed a Gerrard willing to throw himself into tackles with gusto.

The post is still shaking from Suarez's powerful half volley,and he run himself into the ground for the benefit of this team,Sterling was brilliant
and looked fantastic going forward ,and Henderson just possesses the kind of energy that could light up a small country.

Every player was phenomenal today, and even Cissokho defended like a man possessed ,but the main man at the back albeit from Big Martin was
Flanagan who has surely made this position his own his runs were intelligent and his no nonsense tackling was a real plus to see.

Brilliant atmosphere, and kudos to the  away fans that stayed and applauded their team till the end ,putting to shame the ones that left Anfield
on 52 minutes.

5-1 and I think in terms of being impressive and imposing given the opposition that just about tops the lot .

YNWA

:buttrock  :buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:24 pm

Cracking post RBG. Sums up the match brilliantly.

Just cannot understand why some brainless prat in the front row of the lower tier of the Centenary Stand had to have a go at one of the Arsenal players in such a disgustingly foul mouthed manner. Got to say if it was up to me I would ban him from the ground for life. I could begin to understand it if we were losing or if Arsenal had been playing a dirty game but that was not the case. We were winning 5-0 at the time and had administered a footballing lesson of immense proportions to the league leaders. No need for garbage supporters like that. I just hope he was an Arsenal supporter !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:30 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:20 pm wrote:That opening 20 minutes has to be one of the best opening quarters to a football game that I have ever seen

I was more optimistic about the outcome than you but have to agree about this, I remember we scored 3 in the first seven minutes against Villa years ago and went on to win 3-0, but this was much better. Hard to believe with five goals that two of the most memorable moments were the Suarez shot and the Suarez free kick. Superb performance from every member of team. Even our keeper made two superb stops. Flanno was immense, Cissokho had his best game for the club, Skrtel was a candidate for MOM, Gerrard also - his passing, crosses and set-plays are so effective with our strike-force. The rest of team were also immense. It was so enjoyable it was ridiculous.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games