Liverpool vs Fulham, 22 Dec 2012, 5:30pm GMT

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby laza » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:31 am

Cheers LFC for early Chrissie pressie just the tonic after last week's result
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:20 am

RedHands » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:29 pm wrote:I guess I'm in the small minority that just doesn't rate suarez. He's frustrating as hell to watch and often he can't do the simplest things correctly. Yes, he is capable of a bit of magic, but I'd rather have a more well-rounded player that made better decisions and was a better finisher.

Like who?

Most strikers (the world class ones) are selfish and not well rounded at all. Take Messi for example.

So I'm sorry mate, we need to call you on your BS.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby eds » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:29 am

My thoughts on the game was that Fulham didn't turn up and we played as well as we could:

- Gerrard is starting to get some of his form back (2 goals from 2 games)
          - Sterling and Allen got a much needed rest
          - Enriques is finally back to his best
          - Downing finally grew some balls and put in a MOTM performance, is this a one off or is do we actually have a player on our hands?
          - Suarez was frustrating but got his goal in the end

The only real criticism I have (and its a tad harsh) is that Suso had a poor game, didn't offer much and fluffed his main chance. Not that I am worried, the experience of being in the first XI will keep helping his progress.

Also I disagreed with the commentator on Shelvey, I think its time Rodgers makes his mind up on where to play him. I'm still not convinced on what his actual best position on the field is. He really needs to start stepping out of Gerrard's shadow and deliver a "f**k me silly" performance.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:41 am

that was a good win, albeit against a poor side but we beat them like we should have.
couldnt complain about the performance as we played well as a unit and some individual standouts made it quite a comfortable win in the end. motm for me was skyrtel and he was solid today,good performance from gerrard and downing again surprised us all. enrique was another and suarez deserved  his goal for his sheer determination throughout the game.
could pick away at the strange subs but im happy with a good performance, :buttrock  4 goals  :buttrock clean sheet  :buttrock  3 pts  :buttrock and into the top half  :buttrock
great start to the christmas :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:44 am

Well, it only took him a season and a half to score his first league goal and to put in a good performance. Flash in the pan? Knowing this bloke it will be.

Anyway, Downing did have a good game, only (imo) because Rodgers (is excellently) keeping him on his toes, if he's still here after Jan, watch his performances plateau out again.

I though Gerrard was boss in the middle of the park today. He played that position well, spraying the ball about, tackling when needed and conserving energy when required. It was good to see Enrique back too, he's another who had a good game.

The all round team performance was very good, Skertel was great, how Danny Agger missed that sitter only he will know but our center halves even with little to do, did what they had to do well.

Good performance, good result, merry Xmas Liverpool and it's supporters.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:47 am

Really happy about the win. Missed the second half but I presume it was as good as the first. I'm also really happy about Downing. Great assist for Gerrard and finally a goal. Why can't we do this every week?

Also, we're 8th now and only 5 points off 4th, which isn't bad. Would have been only 2 if we didn't f*ck up with Aston Villa but if we somehow manage to beat Stoke at their ground I might forget all about Aston Villa. Stoke will be a really tough game but if we really want to fight for CL spot we really need to beat them.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:35 am

Nice to see us knock a few in and put a team to the sword and whilst Fulham
have a shocking record on the road there is no easy win in the division and we
should know that better than most.

I think we all know it would be foolish to get over excited as we know this team
can kick you in the teeth next time out but non the less and enjoyable nights
football from the boys.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:11 am

From the off the team seemed to have more "maturity" about them, it was good to see us looking so comfortable although in part we have Fulhams' dismal performance to thank for that but as they say "you can only beat what's put in front of you" and we did that with ease.

More of the same please lads   :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JC_81 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:20 am

Kenny Kan » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:44 am wrote:Well, it only took him a season and a half to score his first league goal and to put in a good performance. Flash in the pan? Knowing this bloke it will be.

Anyway, Downing did have a good game, only (imo) because Rodgers (is excellently) keeping him on his toes, if he's still here after Jan, watch his performances plateau out again.

I though Gerrard was boss in the middle of the park today. He played that position well, spraying the ball about, tackling when needed and conserving energy when required. It was good to see Enrique back too, he's another who had a good game.

The all round team performance was very good, Skertel was great, how Danny Agger missed that sitter only he will know but our center halves even with little to do, did what they had to do well.

Good performance, good result, merry Xmas Liverpool and it's supporters.

Spot on there Bam.

It was brilliant to see Gerrard have a good game, it seems like ages since he turned in a display like that.  Probably against the scum at Anfield was the last time.

Credit where it's due to Downing, brilliant performance.  His pass for Gerrard's goal was even better than his strike for his goal.  Hopefully that'll get us a few extra mill for him because I still think he's spineless and needs selling.

It was importantfor Suarez to get a goal too, they had dried up a bit for him recently but hopefully he'll be back on top form now.

Overall a very satisfying display (even though I've played for better sunday league sides than that Fulham team yesterday) and roll on Stoke, we're due a win against them I think.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:02 pm

RedHands » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:29 pm wrote:I guess I'm in the small minority that just doesn't rate suarez. He's frustrating as hell to watch and often he can't do the simplest things correctly. Yes, he is capable of a bit of magic, but I'd rather have a more well-rounded player that made better decisions and was a better finisher.

If he wasn't frustrating he would be playing elsewhere ,let's hope he learns to share and display more focus in front of goal. What Suarez offers this team which a "rounded player" would not is creativity ,we are in desperate need of creativity and ability to surprise opponents ,currently only Luis has this ability.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RedHands » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:02 pm

I agree with above. I thought our best win of the season has come against west ham away when we were playing without Luis (they beat chelsk 3-1 the week before). I love his desire to win and his competitive spirit, but when he does things like misplace that 5 yard pass to Gerard that would have certainly been a goal, it drives me absolutely mad.
RedHands
LFC Basic Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:18 pm

You people are mad. Suarez has scored 11 goals this season, only Michu has more goals scored than him.

And what's this Sh*t about the West Ham game being our best game this season? Performance wise, it was probably the worst game we've played this season, excluding the game against Aston Villa. We've performed better in games we've drawn or even lost than against West Ham.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:05 am

damjan193 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:18 pm wrote:You people are mad. Suarez has scored 11 goals this season, only Michu has more goals scored than him.

You forgot to mention Van Persie.
Boxscarf

Postby damjan193 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:19 am

Boxscarf » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:05 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:18 pm wrote:You people are mad. Suarez has scored 11 goals this season, only Michu has more goals scored than him.

You forgot to mention Van Persie.

Yeah, but he's scored at least 5 of those from penalties, and at least 4 of those penalties were nonexistent.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby RedHands » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:38 am

Suarez had also taken about 100 shots compared to Michu who has taken 50
RedHands
LFC Basic Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games