Who will you transfer list? - For the january transfer window

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby pokster » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:23 pm

Liverpool snap up teenager Cooper 

Gifted youngster Alex Cooper was a target for several clubs
Liverpool have signed Ross County's highly-rated teenager Alex Cooper in a £100,000 deal.
The 16-year-old winger, who has won caps for Scotland at junior level and was a target for Chelsea, is the son of former Aberdeen star Neale Cooper.

Cooper has signed a contract with the Anfield club until 2011.

His father Neale, said: "He could have gone to one or two other clubs but he just loved the way he was treated by Liverpool when he was there."
pokster

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:48 am

saetiakidLFC-You certainly have an expensive taste.  Real Madrid bought Sergio Ramos 3 yrs ago for £19 million, right now he'd be at least £25 mill.  Not going to happen, but I would have loved to see him here.  I've seen a lot of him at Madrid and he is such a great athlete with incredible skill.  I think he'll be the best defender in the world in a couple of years.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:47 am

zirgoz wrote:Let's have a laugh... or a shocker   :D

how i wish mates  :D
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:48 am

saetiakidLFC wrote:How much would Real ask for Sergio Ramos? Isnt he like best friends with nando? Could improve his game (not that it needs improving) having a close friend playing with him.

sergio ramos plays better as right back , we need a centre back mate , not a right back , for right back , we've got finnan , arbeloa and carra can play on the right , waste of money in a department where we already have adequate players
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Seano Kop » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:57 am

OUT
Sissoko
Voronin
Carson

IN
Santa Cruz

That can solve a lot of problems..
Seano Kop

Postby banana » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:33 pm

I'll make it easy.

Keep:

Torres
Agger
Carragger
Reina
Alonso
Babel
Gerrard
Leto
Benayoun
Arbeloa
Mascherano (sign him up for good)
Lucas
Itjande

The rest is for sale at the right price.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:27 pm

banana wrote:I'll make it easy.

Keep:

Torres
Agger
Carragger
Reina
Alonso
Babel
Gerrard
Leto
Benayoun
Arbeloa
Mascherano (sign him up for good)
Lucas
Itjande

The rest is for sale at the right price.

Everyone can be for sale at the right price with the exception of Gerrard, Torres, Carra, Mascherano (these ar players that'll be hard to replace) and to the lesser extend Reina, Agger, Lucas and Alonso. I will keep Leto, Babel, Hobbs and Arbeloa for their potential!

I would defo sell Veronin, Sissoko, Crouch (or Kuyt) just my opinion to raise funds for squad strengtening...just my opinion
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ken_job » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:59 pm

If somebody came in with a serious bid for Dirk "plays for the team but cant score" Kuyt I would sell him without a second thought. Yet again today he looks completely out of his depth, losing posession, too slow, indirect...the list goes on. He wouldnt get near the starting 11 of man U, chel or :censored:. He is frustrating to watch and its about time Rafa put his hands up and admits he got this one wrong. he will never be a top premiership striker...we have plenty of cover up front as well, I wouldnt even say we need to replace him until the summer. I would prefer if we considered Babel our  4th striker and bought an out and out left winger
ken_job

Postby skatesy » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:45 am

PARRY: MONEY IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE
Jimmy Rice 31 December 2007 

Rick Parry has not ruled out the possibility of new signings in the January transfer window. 
The Liverpool chief executive has revealed money will be made available if additions to the squad are deemed necessary.

Parry said: "Money is always available if we need it.

"We're not going to give our plans away, but if we need to do something, we'll do it.

"We spent more money this summer than ever before. The whole business model for the Americans is based on success.

"There is no point investing in a new stadium and having a team that isn't successful – clearly I'm not going to quote figures but there hasn't been any change of budget."

Parry also stressed that he, the club's owners and Rafa Benitez shared the same vision for Liverpool's future.

He added: "Nobody is demanding we win the Premier League this year or any other year.

"But I think the supporters have an expectation that at least we are going to be in contention and there or thereabouts at the end of the season.

"We are still in contention without a doubt. If we can carry form into the New Year there's absolutely no reason why we can't compete.

"That's the goal for all of us. It's the goal for Rafa, for the supporters and it's a goal for the owners. It's absolutely a shared vision.

"We appointed Rafa because we wanted a manager with experience of winning a major championship. That's what we're aiming for.

"The recent meeting was extremely good. It was cordial and it was very, very positive.

"It gave us the chance to make sure everybody understands where everyone else is coming from. Now, we're just focused on the second half of the season."
skatesy

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:06 pm

He is an absolute bellend, that bloke.

Pretty much every football person in the land probably assumed that we don't have a great deal of cash to throw about in the window, so what does Curly Sue do just as it's about to open? Give agents and clubs verbal notice that - actually, we're not as poor as you may have thought - so they can hold out for more in transfer fees and salaries. Uncertainty about our finances was a real ace up our sleeve, and he's just gone and spunked it away for a f*cking soundbite.

Honest to god I really do not understand how he's anything at any club, let alone ours. Never there when you think he should be, and always popping up like a f*cking zit when you really could do without it.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Bammo » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:08 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:He is an absolute bellend, that bloke.

Pretty much every football person in the land probably assumed that we don't have a great deal of cash to throw about in the window, so what does Curly Sue do just as it's about to open? Give agents and clubs verbal notice that - actually, we're not as poor as you may have thought - so they can hold out for more in transfer fees and salaries. Uncertainty about our finances was a real ace up our sleeve, and he's just gone and spunked it away for a f*cking soundbite.

Honest to god I really do not understand how he's anything at any club, let alone ours. Never there when you think he should be, and always popping up like a f*cking zit when you really could do without it.

And yet when the club were silent, people were slating him for not coming out and denying the rumours about us being broke.

Anyway, onto who I'd get rid of:

Sissoko,
one of crouch, kuyt and voronin, as long as we have a replacement lined up,
Carson.
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:18 pm

Realistically speaking we don't know how much money we'll get (if any) so we need to work on a "buy with what funds you raise" basis/theory. With that in mind we need to sell players worth something, some while they are still worth something, and that limits the options. We're not going to sell anyone bought in the summer so that's out the door, doesn't leave a lot.

Kuyt or Crouch? - possibly, that would commit to signing a quality striker and would we get one for what we'd get if we sold both?

Sissoko? - not sure people will part with £10m or £17m as were reported not so many months ago, I think we'd be lucky to sell at a small loss given he's barely improved since he got here and has been liable to injury

Aurelio or Riise? We have plenty of LBs but Arbeloa is our best choice there. I'd sell Riise, there should be plenty of interest and he's not a pivotal player

Kewell? If we're not going to offer him a new contract then try and get something for him now. I bet even if he doesn't make it public that he'll have his agent on the case looking at his options

Pennant? Is he likely to be fit in time to sell him even if we wanted to?

Carson? I reckon the deal is probably already done, nothing like the £10m that was reported at one time though.

If we can sell off a striker, maybe Sissoko and Riise then we could raise enough for a quality striker and maybe the board will cough up for a CB - all that without weakening the team or squad too much. We've plenty of cover in midfield, it wouldn't be ideal to sell off some cover in other positions but we need more than Torres firing up front. One alternative would be to sign ANOTHER LM so Babel isn't played there
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby frank » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:06 pm

this team bores me .

we all know benitez will bring in some unknown name and try to kid us he is amazing,just like he did with gonzales.

this transfer window holds zero excitment for me.

i love liverpool but i've reached the point of boredom,to me its all too predictable whats going to happen next.

every other teams fans can see we are going nowhere with benitez, but like with all the other managers we remain blinkered and keep them in the job even though their time is up.

there is a saying that liverpool crowd know their football, but i think that myth has been laid to rest.

you come on here and swear and threaten violence but don't get banned,but people who are not agressive but tell it like it is gets banned.

i'm not a manu or everton fan i'm a liverpool fan.
frank

Postby dawson99 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:13 pm

fatfrank, we're boring?

Liverpool 8-0
(HT 2-0)  Besiktas
Crouch 19
Benayoun 32
Benayoun 53
Benayoun 56
Gerrard 69
Babel 79
Babel 81
Crouch 89

Newcastle 0-3
(HT 0-1)  Liverpool
  Gerrard 28
Kuyt 45
Babel 66

Bookings:
Butt 60
Beye 87
Smith 90

Bookings:
Sissoko 79

Liverpool 4-0
(HT 2-0)  Bolton
Hyypia 17
Torres 45
Gerrard (pen) 56
Babel 86

Bookings:
Diouf 11
Campo 61
Michalik 69

WUM

oh, who would i transfer? crouch, kuyt, wouldnt buy masher, maybe even pennant, whats happened to him?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:23 pm

frank wrote:this team bores me .

we all know benitez will bring in some unknown name and try to kid us he is amazing,just like he did with gonzales.

this transfer window holds zero excitment for me.

i love liverpool but i've reached the point of boredom,to me its all too predictable whats going to happen next.

every other teams fans can see we are going nowhere with benitez, but like with all the other managers we remain blinkered and keep them in the job even though their time is up.

there is a saying that liverpool crowd know their football, but i think that myth has been laid to rest.

you come on here and swear and threaten violence but don't get banned,but people who are not agressive but tell it like it is gets banned.

i'm not a manu or everton fan i'm a liverpool fan.

Do you really think we are boring or are we just CHEESY? ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion